Cod mw3

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a repackaged version of MW2 basically, with a few tweaks here and there. Totally geared for online multiplayer - the campaign mode is good but will only take you about 4-5 hours to complete, so I wouldn't buy it if you're not a big online gamer as it's not worth it.

Obviously there are a load of brand new maps and the perks system and weapons customisation has been upgraded, lots of new online game modes too.

But like I say, if you're not interested in playing online, don't bother.

Agreed.

I read an interesting review on MW3, that was looking at the reviews and slatings that it had got on-line. But it made the very good point that given the size of the COD brand, and the fact that no-one wants change (or more accurately that changing such a large cash-cow will inevitably lead to reductions in sales), it's much more comparable to look at COD releases as in a similar mould as FIFA in that there is only so much that they can change given that they already have an incredibly strong engine and platform to work with.

So it's pretty much as expected. Yes, £35-40 could be seen as a lot for what is a few tweaks and some new maps/weapons, but for most gamers and the amount of time playing it, it's probably still great value for money.

Still debating whether or not to bother with it, £40 is a lot of money at this time of the year.

Anyone got Skyrim?

Last edited:
Still debating whether or not to bother with it, £40 is a lot of money at this time of the year.

Got anything you can trade in? That's what I always do. I completed Arkham City in about 3 days, so I thought I'd trade it while it still held some value. Got MW3 for £15 in the end, which I thought was decent. The problem with Modern Warfare games is that the price never really seems to drop like with other games. I've seen MW1 and MW2 for about £20 in the shops second hand even now, it's mad.

Anyone got Skyrim?

I'm looking to get it at the beginning of next month, there's no point in getting it now - I've hardly got any time to play it at the moment and it looks like it's going to be a very in depth game.

I've heard great things about it though and I think I clocked up about 100 hours on Oblivion when that came out... I need more time off work I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566