Colchester 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
could someone not train Pipers voice, it's feckin terrible. Sounds straight off the Saff

I think were missing a massive possitive here.

ANOTHER clean sheet, this is quite extraodinary.

Last edited:
I think were missing a massive possitive here.

ANOTHER clean sheet, this is quite extraodinary.

it is a great record so far this season, but after last year I am quite pleased to see a clean sheet for us is not met by one at the other end :icon_bigg the lack of draws this season is nice

Code:
Team  			P  	W  	D  	L  	F  	A  	W  	D  	L  	F  	A  	GD  	PTS
1 	Leicester 	8 	3 	0 	1 	6 	2 	3 	1 	0 	8 	1 	11 	19
2 	Oldham 		8 	3 	1 	0 	11 	4 	2 	2 	0 	8 	5 	10 	18
3 	Scunthorpe 	8 	3 	0 	1 	6 	3 	3 	0 	1 	10 	4 	9 	18
4 	Leeds 		8 	2 	1 	1 	8 	6 	3 	1 	0 	8 	3 	7 	17
5 	Millwall 	8 	3 	1 	0 	7 	2 	2 	1 	1 	6 	5 	6 	17
6 	Walsall 	8 	3 	0 	1 	9 	6 	2 	1 	1 	6 	4 	5 	16
7 	Carlisle 	8 	3 	0 	1 	10 	6 	1 	1 	2 	5 	6 	3 	13

Great result, well done lads! Only heard the last 10 minutes on the radio. From the commentary everyone appeared to play well with plenty of passing happening and backs supporting the midfield and forwards helping out in defence.

The only 'downside' appears to be that we had 15+ shots but only 1 goal! Colchester apparently in the last 10 mins or so could have 'fluked' 2 goals against the run of play.

I hope NP points this out and changes training/strategy etc, so that we can bury sides like this 3 or 4 nil by half-time.

This is not a moan but the last time we won promotion was back into the Prem with Portsmouth and I am certain it was because we developed a winning momentum from early on. We opened a gap that others could not close

Tonight we won away and we are top of the league which is brilliant. Sh*t happens though, (dodgy decisions, deflections etc.) and we could have easily lost because the 'attackers' needed 15 shots to score 1 goal. If weak teams think we can only score 1 goal they will not fear us. It was obvious tonight that Colchester's late 35 yard 'screamer' coming off the inside of our post gave them a 'lift' and could have led to a result for them. If they had been 4-0 down at the time I am certain they would not have got the same 'lift'.

Get it sorted NP! Let us not give the weaker teams any hope or chance of getting into the game, then if sh*t does happen we still win 4-1 or 4-2 rather than a 1-1 draw or worse a 1-2 defeat when we have clearly outplayed the opposition.

JUst got back from the match. Great result. another clean sheet, shame Howard and Fryatt didnt get a goal each, they looked good but just couldnt hit the net. tbh their keeper saved well a few times.

One thing that didnt sit well with me was the Tunchev refugee chant. each to their own i spose.

Just got back, thought we played well. Even give Fryatt thumbs up tonight.

Nice balti pie.

My misses is making me sleep on the couch......

Just got back from the game, sausage rolls 2.90 :icon_eek: Get the fcuk in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Re: Leicester 1 Hartlepool 0

Alan Brazil this morning, a few comments: -

"Leicester will be there or there abouts this season"
"I like your centre backs, lively midfield and Howard with all his experience"
"started the second half the livelier and although Colchester huffed and puffed, Leicester were cruising"

Much more, but you get the idea.

Mod: Moved from Post Hartlepool thread. Brazil was at the Colchester game and commenting on that rather than the Hartlepool game.

Last edited by a moderator:
My take on last night is to echo what Pearson said about a professional performance. That is exactly what it was and exactly what was needed – it wasn’t an exhibition of one-touch pass and move football (apart from one move from Gilbert into Howard off to Adams and through to Fryatt who nearly scored), but it was solid, it was committed and it got the job done.

I thought the back five were excellent (again). Powell may not have the legs to provide great support going forward (although he does still put a good cross in from deep), but his positional sense is exceptional. Gilbert’s work rate and enthusiasm make up for his lack of positional sense. Hobbs and Tunchev look like a partnership now, Morrison is unlucky to be on the bench and with Kis, Mattock and Berner, we have some real strength in depth.

Dyer has clearly been our best player this season, Adams seemed to have sorted his delivery into the box last night. Both wingers worked their bollocks off which made a huge difference. Oakley is a class apart and King, while the weakest of the four in my opinion, does have some moments and does put the effort in.

Howard and Fryatt get so much stick and so much abuse it’s unbelievable. Ask any back four (with the possible exception of Millwall) that we’ve played this year whether Howard and Fryatt cause problems and I’m sure they’ll agree that they do. It’s no surprise to me that Pearson picked these two out for praise last night.

Travel to the ground was great (free shuttle bus from the station). Atmosphere was surprisingly quiet, even from our lot, but the aim of the evening was achieved. Four wins (sort of) on the bounce!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669