Colchester Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow, thought i was clearly seeing a different game to other when the commentators said that 'dean' Mcauley was to blame for the goal, seeing as stearman let his man get the wrong side of him i'd say the blame lies with him. as for the moment where their player was in on goal but 'offside' i'd say the same. wingbacks is all well and good but only if they don't let the wingers who they are marking waltz past them

Chambers would be a much better option has Right wing back when we have a Midfield

Chambers would be a much better option has Right wing back when we have a Midfield

do you want to go for the managers post, on that alone you get my vote. the M word also shows that you are aware of the concept of playing players accross the middle of the park

That was the same team that pushed chelsea all the way in the carling cup....feck off...Milan my friend you got a hell of a job on your hands, and whoever the manager is Goodluck to them.

where to start, i'll keep it simple. too much long ball tatics, we couldnt hold the ball for more then 30 seconds, Kenton useless wanker, Stearman is shite...sheehan played well against yeates, defence did well to a limit, Midfield needs sorting ASAP,

by the look on Milans face at the end, he knows that this is a hell of a job with alot of useless wankers.

Why did we sub Campbell with Newton when we were pushing for a winner when we had Sappleton on the bench??? :tumbleweed:

I thought John took up some good positions, but our lack of a real central midfield meant that more often than not he didn't receive the ball.

Newton was shocking. Where was he supposed to be playing when he came on?

I thought John took up some good positions, but our lack of a real central midfield meant that more often than not he didn't receive the ball.

Newton was shocking. Where was he supposed to be playing when he came on?

For them ?

Started brightly thought we might get a shedload ,then it all went tits up. Newton and Stearman are a disgrace IMO.

Was going to post the same thing. Heather Mills would be a better option at right wing-back than Stearman. Second half when he took his shot, if he had been aware at all there was John in acres of space to his right.

Does make you realise that Marin Allen brought in some very poor players

On the positive side, a point away from home isn't bad. I didn't watch the game, only listened to that utterly baffling man on the radio. I thought we played well at times, created some good chances and showed signs of improvement.

Feck it, I was trying to be positive and I can't keep it up. We need a strong leader in quickly if we still have expectations of reaching the play-offs. Sounded like the players sometimes didn't have a clue as to what their respective roles were. Depressing.

Good point. Stearman and Newton apart, everyone was solid enough.

If we'd got a midfield, we'd have won comfortably. Considering our 3 man centre midfield consisted of 2 right backs and a striker, not bad at all.

7 points from 6 away games (with only one defeat) is solid form. It's at home where we are garbage (as usual).

i thought kenton did well. he actually tried to attack and create chances and he was supposed to be the defensive midfielder and campbell played well setting up the goal and attacking people.

DJ has potential to do unexpected things like at the first goal, but then he can miss really simple passes and disappear for long periods (like second half).
Newton is not a very good football player atm.

DJ has potential to do unexpected things like at the first goal, but then he can miss really simple passes and disappear for long periods (like second half).
Newton is not a very good football player atm.

newtons only ever had 2 good games and they were against birmingham and chelsea on wednesday.

Last edited:
Time for a new start these players didn't have a clue, only positives Fulop, Collins John, back 3 central defenders, Fryatt worked hard, Cort looks like he might be ok.

All the others are useless with Stearman being a complete disgrace, the guy has not got a clue and shouldn't be in the Squad, he is this bad every game so it nothing new. Why he gets a starting place is beyond me.

Hopefully a positive appointment next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00