Colchester Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally I didn't think it was that bad at all and we were unlucky not to win at a ground many teams have struggled at. Fryatt was brilliant. Campbell was great for 60 minutes I thought, as was John.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks we're going to start playing like Champions over night then they are deluded. We did ok. Solid point and we were the better team. Not too shabby at all.

Sorry Alex have to disagree,both teams were equal and a draw was a fair result

Sorry Alex have to disagree,both teams were equal and a draw was a fair result

Aside from a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half, I don't think they ever looked a better side, we had far and away more chances to win it.

Aside from a 15 minute spell at the start of the second half, I don't think they ever looked a better side, we had far and away more chances to win it.

I agree with Alex. We had a good first half (until the goal) and had the better chances in the second half. It was a fairly even game but I thought we did enough to win it and were a lot more positive than of late.

The only players that had poor games were Stearman and Newton (not for long obviously). I also thought Chambers was very busy but ineffective a lot of the time.

Fryatt, the back 3 (+ keeper) stood out and I thought DJ, CJ and Kenton had good games (especially as he was out of position). I thought Sheehan started poorly (and was going to be sent off), but I thought he recovered and ended the game well.

A hard earned point at a difficult place to visit without a midfield and some of our better players (Clem, Weso and Hume).

We do NEED to be winning these games if we have any chance of the play offs though.

Last edited:

It never ceases to amaze me how two people can watch the same match and see a totally different game. Being over here in Oz it's difficult to know what's going on sometimes. Some reports I've read said that we were the better team and others have said a draw was a fair result. Some people have said Fryatt was crap and others have said he was man of the match. The only common ground seems to be that Newton was rubbish, Stearman ordinary and Fulop had another good game. :icon_roll

Good point. Stearman and Newton apart, everyone was solid enough.

If we'd got a midfield, we'd have won comfortably. Considering our 3 man centre midfield consisted of 2 right backs and a striker, not bad at all.

7 points from 6 away games (with only one defeat) is solid form. It's at home where we are garbage (as usual).

Good Post. However despite having our entire midfield unavailable I still feel this was 2 point lost rather than 1 gained. We had by far the better chances.

We'd have won this game with Clemence, Weso and Hume in mid park.

Personally I didn't think it was that bad at all and we were unlucky not to win at a ground many teams have struggled at. Fryatt was brilliant. Campbell was great for 60 minutes I thought, as was John.

Sorry, but if anyone thinks we're going to start playing like Champions over night then they are deluded. We did ok. Solid point and we were the better team. Not too shabby at all.

...at last....

i thought we did ok considering we had no midfielders on the pitch and we created more chances in that game than any other this season. Cort looks better now and won every thing in the air.

Dont know why they took John off when DJ did **** all in the 2nd half. But i would still rather have taggs and burrows than Reid or Royal.

Still think both sides looked equal but its only opinions Alex,we all see different things.People rate Campbell,I never have.I think Fryatt is a decent player,others think he's shite:102:

Still think both sides looked equal but its only opinions Alex,we all see different things.People rate Campbell,I never have.I think Fryatt is a decent player,others think he's shite:102:

DJ Campbell I think will do ok with good wing delivery, as he has demonstrated already. When he gets the ball at his feet with his back to goal he always tries too hard at the moment for me.

Fryatt can be an excellent player, all about motivation for him I feel.

yesterday I genuinely thought we were a lot brighter than we were at Scunthorpe, where I thought a draw was fair.

Fryatt can be an excellent player, all about motivation for him I feel.
I'd say he's a confidence player more than a motivation player.

Give him a couple of goals in as many games where he's one on one with the keeper and he'll start to bang them in after that.

Last edited:
Again a lot of us on the forum seem to be easily pleased with what is thrown at our way.
Things have to change and quick.

1-0 up inside 10 mins, they should have been pushing on to try to win it in the first half, otherwise what was the point of playing 3 strikers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00