Coleman Set For Leicester Meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spanky Fox

The People says Foxes chairman Milan Mandaric has spoken to the former Fulham chief about the vacancy which will come up at the end of the season - and the Welshman may be keen.

Coleman is desperate to bounce back after being axed by Fulham and he could fancy the idea of leading Mandaric's revolution at the Walkers Stadium if he can also bring his staff.

Nigel Worthington is in charge on a caretaker basis and gave himself a chance with a vital late win at Preston yesterday. Macclesfield boss Paul Ince has been linked with the post but Coleman is now the favourite

I think personally this is a good move for leicester city a young and experience manager who has been successful with not much money to play with and has brought in great players, i think the main thing milan will be looking at here is the fact coleman can attract players with high wages and not big transfer fees which is what milan is really about, i'm excited about Chris Coleman being the new leicester manager and it is a sign of great things to come.

what is your measure of success?

what is your measure of success?

anything above position 19 in the championship is success at the moment.

Chris coleman took the job with no management experience and did well, they had ups and down but he brought a fair decent amout of quality and they finished mid table in the preimership

I think personally this is a good move for leicester city a young and experience manager who has been successful with not much money to play with and has brought in great players, i think the main thing milan will be looking at here is the fact coleman can attract players with high wages and not big transfer fees which is what milan is really about, i'm excited about Chris Coleman being the new leicester manager and it is a sign of great things to come.

whats hard in that, chuck enough money at them and they will sign. It depends if they are any good at football though.....

Sooner have Worthington over Coleman and Ince put together

I'd rather have Coleman because he is a young manager who had fire in the belly.

The way we have played over the last 3 games, albeit we lost the first 2, is a world away from what we have been watching this season. This is with the same set of players too.

I would not be disappointed if NW is made manager, but I am still keeping an open mind. Dont want Ince though

why was coleman sacked then - for being too good?

The way we have played over the last 3 games, albeit we lost the first 2, is a world away from what we have been watching this season. This is with the same set of players too.

I would not be disappointed if NW is made manager, but I am still keeping an open mind. Dont want Ince though

I tend to agree with you BG, saturday was a performance level a million miles away from the shite under Kelly. I too will keep an open mind and support whoever is appointed.

It's a bit of a gamble with all three of Ince, Coleman and Worthington. Other than a bad start to this season, NW has probably got the most impressive record and would be the lowest risk gamble (but probably the least inspiring in many ways). You cannopt fualt what NW has done at City in less than 2 weeks.

I tend to agree with you BG, saturday was a performance level a million miles away from the shite under Kelly. I too will keep an open mind and support whoever is appointed.

Great afternoon Saturday....... really enjoyed it..:038: :038: :038: :038:

We have up the tempo alot under the influence of NW or is it the fact that we are playing for championship status next season and players have realised that if they get relegated with this club they might find it hard to get signed up with a club like leicester city with a good fan base and decent wage,

Coleman has been my choice since he was sacked and before he was sacked as fulham mananger, NW was my choice for the e leicester manager,

i think both are good manager in there own way, but the difference is that Coleman has been a perimership manager for longer than NW and that is what counts cause there is a different level of experience there,

Coleman's Welsh though... the voice annoys me ;)

I'm still really keen on Ince for some reason, but Coleman could be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669