Collins John

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elsewhere, on loan striker Collins John is currently being treated at Fulham after picking up a hamstring injury in the Addicks game.

Now would be the time to say "thanks, but no thanks". Otherwise we are just flogging a regularly injured horse.

It's apparent for his preference to get treated at Fulham than us which tells all...

Always thought loan players go back to their own clubs for treatment anyway like MDV did with his toe?

Still agree that he should stay there now though, not given us anything new.

Always thought loan players go back to their own clubs for treatment anyway like MDV did with his toe?

Still agree that he should stay there now though, not given us anything new.

Depends on the extent of the injury anything lay-off longer less than 4 weeks and and it's up for the clubs to decide between. Normally 2 week period they stay at the loan club. But maybe sometimes it comes down to insurance?!? I don't know on that part.

This first lay-off the OS mentioned that John went himself to Fulham for treatment with the agreement of Ollie.

Last edited:
I think the stick he took at Wolves had more to do with the fact he didnt appear to be putting a lot of effort in during the game more than the missed chances. Personally didnt think he looked like he wanted to play for us from day one... barring his first game maybe.

Let's see now:

he's demoted from the prem to a struggling side in the fizzy league;

he's relocated to the east midlands from the smoke;

he's shunted out of the way whilst a new manager is taking stock and working out his plans at Fulham.

He doesn't want to play for us - and I don't think many of us want him here either. Get rid.

The reason players go back to their main clubs to treat injuries is because that club and it's physio's should know more about their injury history and how to treat them. In John's case they are probably experts as he seems to be broken on a weekly basis.

We obviously aren't going to keep him so I don't really see the point in him coming back, especially since we now have about 8 other strikers.

Also to be fair to him he was signed by Megson wasn't he, on the day he quit and went to Bolton, so poor little Collins must've been wondering what ****ing circus he'd walked in to.

The reason players go back to their main clubs to treat injuries is because that club and it's physio's should know more about their injury history and how to treat them. In John's case they are probably experts as he seems to be broken on a weekly basis.

We obviously aren't going to keep him so I don't really see the point in him coming back, especially since we now have about 8 other strikers.

Also to be fair to him he was signed by Megson wasn't he, on the day he quit and went to Bolton, so poor little Collins must've been wondering what ****ing circus he'd walked in to.

Id put my house on the fact Megson had nothin to do with him signing but I get your general point!

What a different attitude some people have after such a short period.
When he joind he was gonna be the saviour, carry us up the table....

Few weeks, so different......

Sometimes it is better to keep your keyboard still and let people think you're a wanker, than type away and prove them right;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69