Concerts at the Walkers Stadium...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The additional revenue is a good thing, using the stadium for more days of the year must make sense & the concert idea was pre-ground sharing proposal days.

First concerts will hopefully be early this summer

Rumour as it we may well after postpone the opening home fixture of next season,it clashes with The Rutland and District Flower Arranging Championships which are due to be held at The Walkers that weekend...

highland fox said:
Rumour as it we may well after postpone the opening home fixture of next season,it clashes with The Rutland and District Flower Arranging Championships which are due to be held at The Walkers that weekend...

Not sure why but the foxes trust seem to be taking quite a bit of stick over the ground share isue which to me seems pretty harsh

This is the group of people who saved LCFC from deep dodo trouble and while we shoulfnt follow any1 with blind trust (aka taylor) i think the foxes trust have done a cracking job and we should trest the f_t

LufbraFox said:
highland fox said:

Not sure why but the foxes trust seem to be taking quite a bit of stick over the ground share isue which to me seems pretty harsh

This is the group of people who saved LCFC from deep dodo trouble and while we shoulfnt follow any1 with blind trust (aka taylor) i think the foxes trust have done a cracking job and we should trest the f_t

The reason is I think, is that with the Foxes Trust being a shareholder it sometimes has difficulty deciding where it's loyalties lie.

Moreover the Foxes Trust is an organisation that is trying to define a role for itself. :wink:

Steven said:
LufbraFox said:
highland fox said:

The reason is I think, is that with the Foxes Trust being a shareholder it sometimes has difficulty deciding where it's loyalties lie.

Moreover the Foxes Trust is an organisation that is trying to define a role for itself. :wink:

I always get the feeling we never quite get the full story, and this may be due to the fact the club keeps them (FT) in the dark too, by giving them just a teasing bit of info but not the full facts. On a lot of points I can accept this from the club, but on issues such as ground share, why all the secrecy? The revenue from concerts etc, could be done without having to ground share.

Just to let you all know I'm in the process of negotiating grazing rights for a few cattle at the Walkers. I'll only get 2/3 of the pitch as I believe Blaby district council need the other 1/3 for landfill requirements.

It won't affect the pitch though. :wink:

Does that mean we have to have black and white seats now, BB ?

I'm fine with the cattle grazing, part ownership, land fill, part rental, half income deal that this entails

But black and white seats are just unacceptable and an outrage

Billy Boy said:
Just to let you all know I'm in the process of negotiating grazing rights for a few cattle at the Walkers. I'll only get 2/3 of the pitch as I believe Blaby district council need the other 1/3 for landfill requirements.

It won't affect the pitch though. :wink:

Brilliant. :D :D :D :p :wink:

On a Music side I wouldn't go to a concert at the Walkers but I wouldn't go to a concert at any Stadium.Just not a fan of Stadium gigs much prefer small venues.

But imagine hearing "Rockin' All Over The World" live at the Walkers instead of over the PA

Brings tears to my eyes..........

My soul weeps for what we have become

You might not believe this but we used to have a football team, you know.........

homer said:
My soul weeps for what we have become

You might not believe this but we used to have a football team, you know.........
i think I remember, they played at filbert street didn't they?

Think so

But I'm off to the new Leicester Megabowl Live Arena for my combined season ticket for next year

Apparently there is a deal on that gives you access to four Status Quo/Showaddywaddy concerts, all the rugby games, the WWCWFFW Raw Wrestling extravaganza, and the next "Come Dancing On Ice with Chimpanzees Christmas Spectacular"

All for £499.99

Bargain

homer said:
... and the next "Come Dancing On Ice with Chimpanzees Christmas Spectacular"..

keown's testimonial??

homer said:
Think so

But I'm off to the new Leicester Megabowl Live Arena for my combined season ticket for next year

Apparently there is a deal on that gives you access to four Status Quo/Showaddywaddy concerts, all the rugby games, the WWCWFFW Raw Wrestling extravaganza, and the next "Come Dancing On Ice with Chimpanzees Christmas Spectacular"

All for £499.99

Bargain

Sometimes I can't tell if you are genuinely against certain things, or just moaning for humour value. But I can't understand why you would be against having concerts there, if you are, then I just don't get it at all.

Basically, it appears you want a successful football club, that hosts only City games, that has little chance of owning its own ground over the next 20yrs (if we don't share), that generates income from matchdays only, whilst between matches the stadium shouldn't be used for anything other than Leicester City football related activities, basically turning it into some sacred Leicester City FC money pit because any ideas to generate income outside of football is frowned upon as it taints the fact that when you go once every 2 weeks, in the interim, someone else has besmirched your plastic seat with their body odour.

I can understand to some extent the issue over the groundshare, but this concert thing I really can't see their being an issue about it, the concerts will be in the summer and you won't be there so whats the problem.

Typical Leicester fans moaning about anything and everything. As usual, the club is damned if they do and damned if they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669