Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
I like Nige but what he is doing to our team this summer is beyond me, we look set to lose a young up and coming right back and replace him with a arrogant player who can't tackle or defend, we then sign a non league clown and all get excited because he's scored 30 odd goals in the leicester sunday league. Matty James looks decent but Richie De Laet is a terrible player and yet Nige wants to play him, he was poor at Preston (my mates a st holder) and didn't kick a ball for Norwich last year! we then get linked with Hall, Heskey, Stewart and more yet we get linked with selling our better players? Is anyone else confused?

Last edited:
I like Nige but what he is doing to our team this summer is beyond me, we look set to lose a young up and coming right back and replace him with a arrogant player who can't tackle or defend

How exactly is Peltier 'young up and coming' - he'll be 26 in a few months and he's only had one season in the Championship in his entire career. I don't really think he's quite good enough for this level. I really can't see him getting much better.

Why are you getting worked up and blaming NP over speculation? How many times over the summer do our players get linked with other teams? What suggests to you that this rumour has any more truth to it? Did a nice man on twitter tell you?

we then sign a non league clown and all get excited because he's scored 30 odd goals in the leicester sunday league.

Brilliant, dismiss the guy before he's even kicked a ball. Idiot. Two sides which made the playoffs this season wanted him too, he must have something about him.

Matty James looks decent

Seen him play have you? Or just talking out your arse again?

but Richie De Laet is a terrible player and yet Nige wants to play him, he was poor at Preston (my mates a st holder) and didn't kick a ball for Norwich last year!

He played four games for PNE - not enough to rate him on, and if your PNE mates opinions are as daft as yours, I wouldn't place too much importance on them. FYI, he made 6 appearances for Norwich last season, scoring one goal.

If you're going to take anyone's opinion on this it should be a Portsmouth fan - he played around 20 games consecutively for them last season and they loved him:

http://therepublikofmancunia.com/what-do-portsmouth-fans-think-of-de-laet/

we then get linked with Hall, Heskey, Stewart and more yet we get linked with selling our better players? Is anyone else confused?

Yes, I'm confused as to why you're pissing your little knickers over paper talk.

I like Nige but what he is doing to our team this summer is beyond me, we look set to lose a young up and coming right back and replace him with a arrogant player who can't tackle or defend, we then sign a non league clown and all get excited because he's scored 30 odd goals in the leicester sunday league. Matty James looks decent but Richie De Laet is a terrible player and yet Nige wants to play him, he was poor at Preston (my mates a st holder) and didn't kick a ball for Norwich last year! we then get linked with Hall, Heskey, Stewart and more yet we get linked with selling our better players? Is anyone else confused?

Yes, I am concerned: I thought that this summer was a time of consolidation: bring in a couple of better quality players, but don't mess too much. Instead, we seem to have another complete re-organisation of the squad; we'll struggle during the early part of the season, sack the manager, get someone in to completely re-organise the squad, and the merry-go-round continues.... :102:

I thought that this summer was a time of consolidation: bring in a couple of better quality players, but don't mess too much.

We have brought in three players, quite possibly better than what we have already (though that's to be seen, as they haven't kicked a ball yet - it still being feckin' May)

What's the problem ?

No doomsayer is going to dent my confidence, we are awesome and will remain so even if we end up in 24th place

Yes, I am concerned: I thought that this summer was a time of consolidation: bring in a couple of better quality players, but don't mess too much. Instead, we seem to have another complete re-organisation of the squad; we'll struggle during the early part of the season, sack the manager, get someone in to completely re-organise the squad, and the merry-go-round continues.... :102:

We've brought in three players, got rid of some of the out of contract rubbish and not sold any of our first team squad. Where are you getting 'complete re-organisation of the squad' from? And I'm sure you'd like that little invented scenario at the end of your post to come true, you seem to have the knives out for Pearson even when he's done absolutely nothing wrong and it's getting a bit boring now.

EDIT: And I think a lot of messing has to be done with this sqaud if we're going to finish in the top 6 next season, it's clear that some players on the books simply aren't good enough.

Last edited:
Not confused at all If the manager thinks that it is the right thing to do then that is what he will do. Although I like Pelts Pearson has worked with Rosenior so must know what he will be getting and if that his how he sees the way forward then so be it.
I think the main reason Pelts Becks And the rest of Svens outcasts are being shown the door is down to cutting the wage bill but we have to put our faith in NP as he is the one that has the task to get us promoted.

In Nige we trust.

Not confused at all If the manager thinks that it is the right thing to do then that is what he will do. Although I like Pelts Pearson has worked with Rosenior so must know what he will be getting and if that his how he sees the way forward then so be it.
I think the main reason Pelts Becks And the rest of Svens outcasts are being shown the door is down to cutting the wage bill but we have to put our faith in NP as he is the one that has the task to get us promoted.

In Nige we trust.

You mean "rumoured to be shown the door" surely? You wouldn't make something up, being a realist and all.

EDIT: And I think a lot of messing has to be done with this sqaud if we're going to finish in the top 6 next season, it's clear that some players on the books simply aren't good enough.

Yes - if we had gone into next season with the same set up as last season then we could expect another middle of the table outcome.

Of course it would have been preferable if we were in position where a bit of tinkering would do - but it emerged by the end of the season that this would not be sufficient.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566