Confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: And I think a lot of messing has to be done with this sqaud if we're going to finish in the top 6 next season, it's clear that some players on the books simply aren't good enough.

Can this be the same person who said;

We've fallen short this season, yes, but to call the season a 'farce' and to call the players a 'utter shite' is mental. A bad season would have been a relegation battle. We've finished a few points shy of the playoffs, if we'd been a bit more focussed in some of our matches and if some farcical decisions hadn't gone against us, we'd probably be in there now.

(Partial quote from post 12 "Next Season")

The owners are to blame for what has been a shambolic post/pre season so far. I've never seen De Laet, James or Vardy play but I know they are all shit and it is the boards fault for spending money on them. The board also sanctioned the ripping apart of our current first team that did so well last season. How could they agree to letting Oakley and Howard and Tunchev go?

The owners are allowing there to be speculation on such piss-poor players as Koren and Rosenior and Fitz '****ing' Hall. Clearly none are worthy of wearing the sacred Leicester City shirt and the board should have sacked Pearson for allowing our clubs sacred name to be linked in the same sentence as such dross.

Pelts is the best right-back never to have played for England and how he is not currently in the England Euro 2012 squad is a travesty. Anybody who watched him play regularly last season could see that. At the young age of 25 he can only get better and to lose him would be akin to Barcelona selling Messi.

Our future is doomed. Our board must sack the manager and then resign in shame. The events since the last game of last season have been unacceptable to say the least.

The owners are to blame for what has been a shambolic post/pre season so far. I've never seen De Laet, James or Vardy play but I know they are all shit and it is the boards fault for spending money on them. The board also sanctioned the ripping apart of our current first team that did so well last season. How could they agree to letting Oakley and Howard and Tunchev go?

The owners are allowing there to be speculation on such piss-poor players as Koren and Rosenior and Fitz '****ing' Hall. Clearly none are worthy of wearing the sacred Leicester City shirt and the board should have sacked Pearson for allowing our clubs sacred name to be linked in the same sentence as such dross.

Pelts is the best right-back never to have played for England and how he is not currently in the England Euro 2012 squad is a travesty. Anybody who watched him play regularly last season could see that. At the young age of 25 he can only get better and to lose him would be akin to Barcelona selling Messi.

Our future is doomed. Our board must sack the manager and then resign in shame. The events since the last game of last season have been unacceptable to say the least.

This made me lol, I enjoyed reading it.

The most sensible post in this thread thus far..

:038:

:081:

Can this be the same person who said;

We've fallen short this season, yes, but to call the season a 'farce' and to call the players a 'utter shite' is mental. A bad season would have been a relegation battle. We've finished a few points shy of the playoffs, if we'd been a bit more focussed in some of our matches and if some farcical decisions hadn't gone against us, we'd probably be in there now.

(Partial quote from post 12 "Next Season")

Hah! Well you've got me there haven't you?

I still stand by both of my points though. Given the position we were in at the end of the season, we could have made the playoffs with the squad we had, we lost some very winnable games, we didn't have any consistency and we had a lot of injury problems - and there is the problem. While I think we have the basis of a very good squad, it's clear there need to be some big changes to turn us from a team who finished mid table, to a team challenging for promotion - it would be foolish to suggest otherwise. Signing one or two players will not be enough to transform this team.

Last season pointed to the fact that while the foundations are there, there are a lot of things to be adressed before we can talk about ourselves as promotion contenders. Strength in depth is our biggest weakness - when key players are injured, who do we have to come in? Some of the players we have simply aren't good enough or consistent enough - I'm looking at Lee Peltier, Paul Gallagher, Lloyd Dyer. Weaker players will need to be replaced, players which will strengthen the squad as a whole will need to be brought in, so I would expect a fair bit of tinkering to be done this summer.

And for all the naysayers who moan and say NP is taking the sqaud apart and that signing a bunch of players is a daft idea - it worked well enough for Charlton last season. When Chris Powell took over, he led them for half a season and it ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Then in the summer transfer window, he got rid of the shite players, brought in around 20 new players (not saying we should bring in that many!) and won the league at a canter. So if it's done properly, it can be a success.

And for all the naysayers who moan and say NP is taking the sqaud apart and that signing a bunch of players is a daft idea - it worked well enough for Charlton last season. When Chris Powell took over, he led them for half a season and it ended up being a bit of a disappointment. Then in the summer transfer window, he got rid of the shite players, brought in around 20 new players (not saying we should bring in that many!) and won the league at a canter. So if it's done properly, it can be a success.

I know that many will not believe me, but I honestly hope that you are right.

Chris Powell knows what he is doing. :icon_razz

Well back to the players. I am happy with Peltier. If Pearson is bringing someone else in as competition for the place that is fine.

I think it would be a great shame if Bamba left. A genuine creative talent in the back four. Very different to our usual 'lump it up in the air forwards or sideways' style of backs.
Despite all the criticism of 'bombscare' there were very few, if any instances, in 50 appearances, where a mistake by Bamba led to an opposition goal, but lots of instances where he created an attack rather just 'cleared his lines'.

Last edited:
Well back to the players. I am happy with Peltier. If Pearson is bringing someone else in as competition for the place that is fine.

I think it would be a great shame if Bamba left. A genuine creative talent in the back four. Very different to our usual 'lump it up in the air forwards or sideways' style of backs.
Despite all the criticism of 'bombscare' there were very few, if any instances, in 50 appearances, where a mistake by Bamba led to an opposition goal, but lots of instances where he created an attack rather just 'cleared his lines'.
I think Bamba is like Marmite, you like him or loath him. I take your point regarding mistakes, but it's more his being caught totally out of position at times that I think you'll find the anti brigade in. From my point of view, I won't lose any sleep if he goes. I want somebody who can defend properly, I don't care if he can dribble the ball upfield past a dozen players.

I think Bamba is like Marmite, you like him or loath him. I take your point regarding mistakes, but it's more his being caught totally out of position at times that I think you'll find the anti brigade in. From my point of view, I won't lose any sleep if he goes. I want somebody who can defend properly, I don't care if he can dribble the ball upfield past a dozen players.

I think it's more the fact that the defence is supposed to be a unit. It makes things so much harder for the other players in the back line when you don't know if Sol is going to hoof it, dribble with it, whether he'll be in position, whether he'll bother to track back. He has talent, I don't think anyone's denying that, but how can you organise a solid defence around him?

I think it's more the fact that the defence is supposed to be a unit. It makes things so much harder for the other players in the back line when you don't know if Sol is going to hoof it, dribble with it, whether he'll be in position, whether he'll bother to track back. He has talent, I don't think anyone's denying that, but how can you organise a solid defence around him?

Nail hit on head

I think the managers of teams like Barcelona and Real Madrid look for more than just Clear your lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669