Conrad Logan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Han

For once, this is not a new thread about what's gone wrong or how inept Paulo Sousa is.

I was just wondering what you all think to Conrad Logan. The lad has been here for a good few years now and i don't think he's thought of as a "kid" any more.

From what I have seen from him, he has proved perfectly adequate as an understudy to Weale. He may have had a few shaky moments but he has done his 'apprenticeship' while out on loan and, in my opinion, deserves to be given his chance to show his ability.

This injury to Weale would have been the perfect opportunity to give him a run in the side and gain some much needed experience, if he is ever going to 'make it' at this level. What is the point in having a second choice goalkeeper if he is never second choice? We might as well get rid of him and stick a youth team player on the bench.

Add to that, the changes that the club is already going through and you might think that giving CL a proper would provide some stability.

Carl Ikeme has certainly proved to be no better in my opinion and maybe it is another piece of poor judgement from Sousa (ooops, this is supposed to be an anti-Sousa bashing thead).

The fact that Sousa rushed out to get a replacement when Weale was injured indicates that Logan is not seen as a viable 'keeper. This view seems to have been shared by Pearson, so no pro/anti Sousa connotation.

Logan has been around for a while and, if he is not seen as second choice now, I would have expected us to move him on and look for a reliable second goalkeeper.

For once, this is not a new thread about what's gone wrong or how inept Paulo Sousa is.

I was just wondering what you all think to Conrad Logan. The lad has been here for a good few years now and i don't think he's thought of as a "kid" any more.

From what I have seen from him, he has proved perfectly adequate as an understudy to Weale. He may have had a few shaky moments but he has done his 'apprenticeship' while out on loan and, in my opinion, deserves to be given his chance to show his ability.

This injury to Weale would have been the perfect opportunity to give him a run in the side and gain some much needed experience, if he is ever going to 'make it' at this level. What is the point in having a second choice goalkeeper if he is never second choice? We might as well get rid of him and stick a youth team player on the bench.

Add to that, the changes that the club is already going through and you might think that giving CL a proper would provide some stability.

Carl Ikeme has certainly proved to be no better in my opinion and maybe it is another piece of poor judgement from Sousa (ooops, this is supposed to be an anti-Sousa bashing thead).

Glad someone else finds it strange. Whenever I've seen Logan, especially at the end of last season, including a fabulous penalty save, I've thought he did very well. If iwere in his boots I'd be pretty aggrieved and put in in for a transfer somewhere else.

Ikeme here for another month although nothing on the os yet

I could see why we needed another keeper with Weale injured, but I have seen nothing to suggest Ikeme is any better than Logan, or Weale.

Logan for my money has always been a good number 2 to Weale in the last few months, and I am sure if neutrals were shown recent matches, they could only tell who the first choice keeper is from the number on the back of the shirt.

I rate Logan, don't seem to know why people underplay him, he is a good enough understudy to Weale and possibly should be given priority over Ikeme while Weale is injured.

... and deserves another house point for surviving being sent out on several loan spells ... almost always the start of a short journey to the scrapheap for an LCFC youngster.

Ashley Chambers (remember him?) is actually our longest serving player, made his 1st team debut in 2005 then its Logan & then King

On topic Logan isn't that far off Weale, commands his area better and maybe has better distribution

Last edited:
Ashley Chambers (remember him?) is actually our longest serving player, made his 1st team debut in 2005 then its Logan & then King

Yes but in terms of whe a pro contract was signed, Logan is the longest serving.

If Wikipedia is to be believed......

He's just made another great save.

Chambers was here from 9 and signed a pro deal at 17 in 07, the club say otherwise officially but it is Chambers

Chambers was here from 9 and signed a pro deal at 17 in 07, the club say otherw*s* officially but it is Chambers

Its all gravy, baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670