Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 4000 people who were going to die daily as a result of the spread.
There is a difference between forecasts based on modelling scenarios and stats. People look at the forecasts and when they're "wrong", as the stats are later released, they shout. The important thing is to listen to the information that comes with these forecasts. They're normally set out to explain why a decision is taken and show the projected effects on numbers if those decisions are not taken, which in simple terms means they are obviously going to be "wrong".

Yeah, it’s all made up, you bunch of cowardly sheeple....

Libertarians would say avoid legislation and give people the information to make an informed decision. On the assumption that if you treat people like adults then they'll behave like adults.

That's the assumption anyway. What could possibly go wrong?

Libertarians would say avoid legislation and give people the information to make an informed decision. On the assumption that if you treat people like adults then they'll behave like adults.

That's the assumption anyway. What could possibly go wrong?
:icon lol:

If the forecast says it's going to rain, take an umbrella. If it doesn't rain, oh well. It's a bit of a pain in the arse lugging an umbrella around, but not as bad as getting soaked.

Both parents diagnosed yesterday despite taking all precautions and us not seeing them inside for months.

Bith really quite ill but fortunately not needing any hospital treatment, I hope to god it stays that way.

Take it seriously please, there are plenty of arseholes who aren't.

Both parents diagnosed yesterday despite taking all precautions and us not seeing them inside for months.

Bith really quite ill but fortunately not needing any hospital treatment, I hope to god it stays that way.

Take it seriously please, there are plenty of arseholes who aren't.
Sorry to hear that Lako. Best wishes to them.

8 games called off today, due to Coronavirus in the EFL

Tier 4 for Leicestershire now then. Not really a surprise.

Spurs v Fulham is off now.

If Big Sam was so scared of getting covid, why didn't he just stay at home instead of becoming a manager again? That said, I'd accept us ending the premier league season now with calculated points per game because we'd do pretty well out of it. Or not, can't be arsed to work it out.

If Big Sam was so scared of getting covid, why didn't he just stay at home instead of becoming a manager again? That said, I'd accept us ending the premier league season now with calculated points per game because we'd do pretty well out of it. Or not, can't be arsed to work it out.
Fifth again, woo

Can't believe games like tonight's Villa v Liverpool FA Cup tie is going ahead. What's the point? The result is totally meaningless. Hardly fair to Villa is it? Over 1,300 people died yesterday FFS.

Can't believe games like tonight's Villa v Liverpool FA Cup tie is going ahead. What's the point? The result is totally meaningless. Hardly fair to Villa is it? Over 1,300 people died yesterday FFS.
I posted this in the Premier League thread, but:

should be noted the managers calling for the league to stop are those whose clubs are losing like Allardyce and Bruce

I think villa want to get knocked out and get it over with.

should be noted the managers calling for the league to stop are those whose clubs are losing like Allardyce and Bruce
To be fair to Bruce, they’ve been hit hard by the long term absences of Lascelles and Saint-Maximin, who are, for them, pretty important players.

In contrast, I think that anyone that believes it is right that football goes on is certifiable. Bruce is talking common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363