Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was annoying as **** when the powers that be celebrated the numbers dropping over the summer. Trapped in their own little belief that schools and universities aren't the biggest vectors.

My youngest is in EYFS and they have 1 case as of yesterday. I fully expect that to fly through now because if there's one thing 4 year olds aren't, it's hygienic.
I have 2 stepchildren so I know for a fact that between the ages of 8 & 14 the little feckers brought home every germ known to man. I spent more time with minor illnesses & days off work during that period than at any time before it.

Our government though is largely from a class that has feck all to do with their kids from birth to university graduation.

Nannies, tutors, boarding schools, university. A lot of them even send them off abroad for half the summer on one jaunt or another.
I've worked with people who were public school educated & was always taken by the almost complete lack of memories any of them had about their childhood that actually involved their families.

Probably why most of them had no empathy whatsoever. For anyone or anything.

Obviously this isn't the biggest factor in their thinking but I'm sure it plays a role. They know nothing about children in a practical sense.

I have 2 stepchildren so I know for a fact that between the ages of 8 & 14 the little feckers brought home every germ known to man. I spent more time with minor illnesses & days off work during that period than at any time before it.

Our government though is largely from a class that has feck all to do with their kids from birth to university graduation.

Nannies, tutors, boarding schools, university. A lot of them even send them off abroad for half the summer on one jaunt or another.
I've worked with people who were public school educated & was always taken by the almost complete lack of memories any of them had about their childhood that actually involved their families.

Probably why most of them had no empathy whatsoever. For anyone or anything.

Obviously this isn't the biggest factor in their thinking but I'm sure it plays a role. They know nothing about children in a practical sense.
It helps if you know how many you've actually got, another grey area for this lot.

I read a lot about Ivermectin well before it became a political issue. I listened to some pretty respected people too. It really seemed like we were missing an obvious option. Looks like it was a load of nonsense. Lesson learnt.

I read a lot about Ivermectin well before it became a political issue. I listened to some pretty respected people too. It really seemed like we were missing an obvious option. Looks like it was a load of nonsense. Lesson learnt.

Just shows that even people with intelligence can be ****s sometimes BN, doesn’t it?

It may not be the most scientific approach, but my general rule of "if Trump promotes it, avoid it," has served well so far. Except for Home Alone 2, although that was only an appearance not so much a promotion.

Just FYI I've been through this and am out the other end now. Taste and smell went very strange for about a week and a half, but it returned reasonably quickly.

Some stuff still tastes a bit weird - but overall back to normal.

Still get your jabs folks.

Last Saturday I was due to receive my 3rd jab, instead I was taking a PCR test. I've been in the extremely vulnerable group since the start. Initially my symptoms were just an extension of the vaccination side effects, fever, fatigue, etc. Taste and smell had deserted me too.
By day 10/11 after my probable infection the persistent cough had begun. This has developed into a chest infection. I'm currently awaiting a rescue pack of antibiotics. If that fails it's likely it'll develop into pneumonia and hospitalisation. Feeling quite miffed at the moment.☹️

Last Saturday I was due to receive my 3rd jab, instead I was taking a PCR test. I've been in the extremely vulnerable group since the start. Initially my symptoms were just an extension of the vaccination side effects, fever, fatigue, etc. Taste and smell had deserted me too.
By day 10/11 after my probable infection the persistent cough had begun. This has developed into a chest infection. I'm currently awaiting a rescue pack of antibiotics. If that fails it's likely it'll develop into pneumonia and hospitalisation. Feeling quite miffed at the moment.☹️
Sorry to hear that. If you need ‘cheering up’ I hear Homer is very much into home visits.

It must feel really tough to have navigated your way through for more than 18 months and now you get it.

All I'd say is that by managing to avoid it for this long, you've given the doctors every chance of learning enough to successfully treat you.

You have my best wishes and I'm sure those of everyone on here.

An interesting thread.

I continue to be astonished every time I enter the KP. There are just hundreds and hundreds of people who are standing in concourses, maskless of course. I just put my head down, hold my breath, and get to my seat as quickly as possible. I can't get my head around why people think it's safe.

An interesting thread.

I continue to be astonished every time I enter the KP. There are just hundreds and hundreds of people who are standing in concourses, maskless of course. I just put my head down, hold my breath, and get to my seat as quickly as possible. I can't get my head around why people think it's safe.

Because most people of age are double jabbed and realise that at some point we all have to get on with it.

Because most people of age are double jabbed and realise that at some point we all have to get on with it.

I can't get my head around that attitude. We'll never get anywhere if people just don't give a **** any more.

It's basic decency and common sense to be masked and careful in any indoor space. Going on averages, there would have been approx. 130 infected people at the KP yesterday. Why on earth would anyone go there and just circulate around in a carefree way? You can go to the game and have virtually no risk at all with a few simple precautions. But nearly everybody I see there now don't seem to give a shit.

I can't get my head around that attitude. We'll never get anywhere if people just don't give a **** any more.

It's basic decency and common sense to be masked and careful in any indoor space. Going on averages, there would have been approx. 130 infected people at the KP yesterday. Why on earth would anyone go there and just circulate around in a carefree way? You can go to the game and have virtually no risk at all with a few simple precautions. But nearly everybody I see there now don't seem to give a shit.
No it isn’t, that’s your take and not a fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363