Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like it's got me. Waiting on the PCR but the LF shows positive and I've been feeling like shit for the last couple of days.

99% sure I got it at the KP on Tuesday. It's impossible to be any more careful than I was and it didn't seem to make any difference. It's clearly very contagious.

Lost someone from the extended family on Xmas day due to this too. They were healthy as can be when they were on the anti-vax marches a few months ago. Too late for them now. Partner has been desperately trying to avoid having Covid on the death certificate but we all know what happened.

Get vaccinated.
Yeah take it easy BN.

Looks like it's got me. Waiting on the PCR but the LF shows positive and I've been feeling like shit for the last couple of days.

99% sure I got it at the KP on Tuesday. It's impossible to be any more careful than I was and it didn't seem to make any difference. It's clearly very contagious.

Lost someone from the extended family on Xmas day due to this too. They were healthy as can be when they were on the anti-vax marches a few months ago. Too late for them now. Partner has been desperately trying to avoid having Covid on the death certificate but we all know what happened.

Get vaccinated.
Sorry to hear that BN. I think that there are literally millions of people with this Omecron strain and to most it is little more than a very heavy cold.

I too have felt shit for about 7 days, temperature, cough, sweating and listless, but have returned negative LFT’s every day, in spite of someone in my family who we spent Christmas with (with the exact same symptoms) receiving a positive test a couple of days ago after a PCR.

Feel sorry for you and extended family but the anti-vax brigade need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Hope you aren’t too I’ll with it as you are a miserable **** at the best of times.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery BN. I spent Xmas and New Year with my daughter's family. We all went down with horrible head colds. We all tested negative. It might just be that this year's round of colds wants to challenge covid for a news headline.

Hoping you have a speedy recovery BN. I spent Xmas and New Year with my daughter's family. We all went down with horrible head colds. We all tested negative. It might just be that this year's round of colds wants to challenge covid for a news headline.
I had an awful cold for 4 weeks in October and tested negative throughout, I tested positive for corona on New Years Eve and actually feel great at the moment, on!y tested because I was planning to go to a party on NYE. I'm not advocating getting corona or saying anyone else would not be seriously ill with it, I have had 3 doses of vaccine.

Thanks for the well wishes. I think I'm over the worst. Still testing positive though so I'm also unfit for the match tomorrow.

I'm actually not legally allowed to go to the game which is different to some of your piss poor excuses to not go to matches recently.
To be honest, I will take any ****ing excuse possible right now not to have to go. I think the ingrowing hair on my pubis puts me out of the Watford game.

In the current situation the only good thing about tomorrow, is the game will be decided on the day

Given that there are plenty of attending football supporters on here, I think it's worth explaining my experience of getting Covid.

It was 100% contracted at the Liverpool match. I have been able to discount any alternative source. Nobody else in my immediate family has tested positive before or afterwards. I deliberately limited my contacts in the run up to Xmas because it was something I didn't want to ruin by getting ill. I was extremely careful and I made those close to me be extremely careful too.

The Liverpool match on the evening of the 28th was the first time I had left my home since Xmas Eve and, even then, I was deliberately over-careful. I travelled to the game alone in my car. I didn't meet up with anyone before the match. I walked to the ground alone. I queued to get in for a bit, got through the turnstile, got my head down and marched to my seat. I interacted with nobody throughout this. You may have read my discomfort at being in concourses nowadays and I avoid them wherever possible.

In my seat, I acted normally. I chatted to the people around me a bit. I shouted and yelled and enjoyed the game. When we scored, I didn't jump into the arms of others, as I do sometimes have a habit of doing. I was sensible. I didn't leave my seat any time during the match or at half time.

I started to leave the game just before the end. I watched the final whistle go as I descended the steps and got away before there was any major congestion. I returned to my car alone, went straight home and didn't leave the house again until the symptoms had begun and I needed to get tested.

So I got infected somewhere at the KP that night and it happened very inadvertently. I didn't wear a mask at any point but maybe I should have done. I cannot think that I did anything wrong or that I didn't absolutely have to in order to attend the match.

Sorry for the waffle but if you're going to the game today and are trying to avoid being infected, it is worth realising that this strain is extremely contagious and easy to contract in an outdoor environment.

Even if you do everything right, within reason, you could still get it.

And to anyone who has symptoms at all or doesn't think getting tested before attending a game is worthwhile, please do it. Please don't go if there is a risk of you infecting others. A football match is not worth it.

I've had a few really rough days and my blood oxygen levels are still very wobbly. There are people that attend matches at much higher risk than me. I won't be going today of course but I'll be sure to do a lateral flow test on the day of every game I attend going forward. It's just the decent and responsible thing to do.

Given that there are plenty of attending football supporters on here, I think it's worth explaining my experience of getting Covid.

It was 100% contracted at the Liverpool match. I have been able to discount any alternative source. Nobody else in my immediate family has tested positive before or afterwards. I deliberately limited my contacts in the run up to Xmas because it was something I didn't want to ruin by getting ill. I was extremely careful and I made those close to me be extremely careful too.

The Liverpool match on the evening of the 28th was the first time I had left my home since Xmas Eve and, even then, I was deliberately over-careful. I travelled to the game alone in my car. I didn't meet up with anyone before the match. I walked to the ground alone. I queued to get in for a bit, got through the turnstile, got my head down and marched to my seat. I interacted with nobody throughout this. You may have read my discomfort at being in concourses nowadays and I avoid them wherever possible.

In my seat, I acted normally. I chatted to the people around me a bit. I shouted and yelled and enjoyed the game. When we scored, I didn't jump into the arms of others, as I do sometimes have a habit of doing. I was sensible. I didn't leave my seat any time during the match or at half time.

I started to leave the game just before the end. I watched the final whistle go as I descended the steps and got away before there was any major congestion. I returned to my car alone, went straight home and didn't leave the house again until the symptoms had begun and I needed to get tested.

So I got infected somewhere at the KP that night and it happened very inadvertently. I didn't wear a mask at any point but maybe I should have done. I cannot think that I did anything wrong or that I didn't absolutely have to in order to attend the match.

Sorry for the waffle but if you're going to the game today and are trying to avoid being infected, it is worth realising that this strain is extremely contagious and easy to contract in an outdoor environment.

And to anyone who has symptoms at all or doesn't think getting tested before attending a game is worthwhile, please do it. Please don't go if there is a risk of you infecting others. A football match is not worth it.

I've had a few really rough days and my blood oxygen levels are still very wobbly. There are people that attend matches at much higher risk than me. I won't be going today of course but I'll be sure to do a lateral flow test on the day of every game I attend going forward. It's just the decent and responsible thing to do.
Interesting thanks BN. I, along with my daughter and my dad, decided we’d wear our masks at all times, even in the stadium, other than when we were sat eating before the game. I’m not for one minute suggesting that this means that we couldn’t have caught it by doing this, but it did make us feel a bit more secure. I realise this isn’t what everyone would want to do, but it was something that made us feel more comfortable. There were others doing the same, albeit very much the minority.

I had a similar experience when I caught it earlier in the season, the only difference was I travelled by train to the game, which everyone tried to convince me was where I caught it. The virus lives for hours on surfaces, turnstiles, handrails seats etc, without checking I think 24 hours on cardboard, imagine if whoever puts the clappers out had it!

Get well soon BN, and when you do go to a match again, for Pete's sake, where a mask!

I had a similar experience when I caught it earlier in the season, the only difference was I travelled by train to the game, which everyone tried to convince me was where I caught it. The virus lives for hours on surfaces, turnstiles, handrails seats etc, without checking I think 24 hours on cardboard, imagine if whoever puts the clappers out had it!

Surface transmission unlikely, in fact, very unlikely. This is an airborne virus and that's how you get it. Mind you, keep your fingers out of your mouth any way you grebbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757