Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've got loads of them in my garden at the moment. I could come out of this very rich.
I’ll swap you some shark eggs for some bat wings, having a BBQ at the weekend.

Have they got any bats or pangolins up the market? Melton hasn’t had any. Can’t get me hands on a nice live fresh bat for love nor money.
Not been able to get a Pangolin since the great Hinckley Road explosion, rumour is that they were the source of the delicious little bastards.

Not been able to get a Pangolin since the great Hinckley Road explosion, rumour is that they were the source of the delicious little bastards.
In addition to moonshine, obviously. Ever had a night on Pangolin and moonshine?
You'll never go back to your LSD that's for sure.

I can send a few with meth mouth too.

Which leads us on to Tiger King.... not an original observation but it’s ****ing brilliant and easily the best thing I’ve watched on lockdown.

Anyone else looking forward to their £10k bonus for not really working from home. As the newly appointed MP of Wankershire I think it's not quite enough.

Anyone else looking forward to their £10k bonus for not really working from home. As the newly appointed MP of Wankershire I think it's not quite enough.

This has pissed me right off.

Corupt ****s

Which is on top of the existing £26k each MP gets for office expenses per year.

And comes a couple of days after the above inflation pay rise they voted through for themselves came into effect too.

Interesting that they decided to start publicly bashing the PL players the same time the above two happen.

All in it together? Are we ****!

I was pleased to find the dustbins are being emptied. The crisis has reminded us that dustmen (and women) supermarket shelf stackers and nurses are more important than accountants, lawyers and historians.

The virus is not trying to kill us. It has it's own agenda. I believe that the virus is the product of natural selection. I cannot believe it was created by a loving God.

However,nature has come up with something far more devastating than terrorists ever managed. Yet human behaviour has to come into it. London is unique among British cities and has much worse figures. But why does New York have much worse figures than Chicago or Detroit

Since 2008 the economy has been in a downturn and for some people the effect has been devastating.However, it has not been austerity In the last tree weeks we have suddenly seen austerity. It was not austerity when there were different types of apples on sale. It is austerity when the supermarket is completely out of apples and so are its rivals.Empty supermarket shelves are a sign of austerity.

Toilet paper has been very hard hit. Will we go back to using newspapers - people choosing the paper version of the Daily Mail and The Guardian according to their own prejudice. When toilet paper is unavailable the online newspapers have their limitations.

Voters always tell pollsters that the NHS is important to them. However, they do not vote that way. At the moment there is a huge amount of support for the NHS. I hope it will carry on when the crisis is over.

I have a love of pubs and tearooms and find the current restrictions irritating though I believe necessary However, my family and friends are all well and I have learned that the biggest cause of stress is the health of people we care about. It has to be a terrible time for the relatives and friends
of those infected. Damn this virus.

Toilet paper has been very hard hit. Will we go back to using newspapers - people choosing the paper version of the Daily Mail and The Guardian according to their own prejudice. When toilet paper is unavailable the online newspapers have their limitations.

Not if you've got a printer and an adequate supply of copy paper and inks.
;)

Damn this virus.

Amen!

I went out yesterday for the first time, other than for local exercise, for the first time since 19th March. I went shopping for ourselves and three other households. The roads were almost empty; it was almost noon, yet the traffic was as it used to be at 6 in the morning - except the few vehicles that there were, were travelling more slowly. Even motor cars seemed to be socially distancing at the few places where there was a short queue. And then there was the 55 minute wait to enter the store, each person, each trolley separated by black lines pasted across the surface of a blocked off section of the car-park.

All quite surreal, but none of that will be my abiding memory of my day. I wasn't surprised to see perhaps 20% of the customers wearing masks, though most of them didn't seem well enough designed to give any kind of protection to either the wearer or to others; nor was I surprised to find the supermarket aisles all sensibly marked up for one-way traffic. What did surprise me was the number of mask-wearers, far greater than those with uncovered faces, who ignored the designated traffic flow and caused others to come face-to-face with them. Like the apocryphal Volvo-driver who increased his speed by 10 mph because he felt safer in his monster of a vehicle that had all those safety features (my dad was one of those!). It seems that some people never change.

There was a story at the weekend about a family that thought it was acceptable to drive from London to the Lake District because they were all wearing masks and gloves. Needless to say they were fined and sent back. Twats!!

However,nature has come up with something far more devastating than terrorists ever managed. Yet human behaviour has to come into it. London is unique among British cities and has much worse figures. But why does New York have much worse figures than Chicago or Detroit
Perhaps the virus arrived there first/in greater numbers in the same way it did in London? Perhaps the population per square foot is denser too?

I went out yesterday for the first time, other than for local exercise, for the first time since 19th March. I went shopping for ourselves and three other households. The roads were almost empty; it was almost noon, yet the traffic was as it used to be at 6 in the morning - except the few vehicles that there were, were travelling more slowly. Even motor cars seemed to be socially distancing at the few places where there was a short queue. And then there was the 55 minute wait to enter the store, each person, each trolley separated by black lines pasted across the surface of a blocked off section of the car-park.

All quite surreal, but none of that will be my abiding memory of my day. I wasn't surprised to see perhaps 20% of the customers wearing masks, though most of them didn't seem well enough designed to give any kind of protection to either the wearer or to others; nor was I surprised to find the supermarket aisles all sensibly marked up for one-way traffic. What did surprise me was the number of mask-wearers, far greater than those with uncovered faces, who ignored the designated traffic flow and caused others to come face-to-face with them. Like the apocryphal Volvo-driver who increased his speed by 10 mph because he felt safer in his monster of a vehicle that had all those safety features (my dad was one of those!). It seems that some people never change.

Can't disagree, this whole 'wearing a mask will save me' is nonsense. I've seen people using supermarket trollies with gloves on, only to wipe their face with the glove still on.
What does that achieve exactly?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469