Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's an 'agreement in principle' but nothing can be signed until the Football League agree to them playing in Northampton.
Northampton Town and Coventry City are believed to have signed an agreement that will see the Sky Blues play their home games at Sixfields for the next three seasons.
Chron & Echo

And the club office is a pretty small place, everyone is talking about "a signed contract". It may need ratifying by the League, if so it does indeed make this an "agreement in principle" but that is getting into semantics. Whatever you wish to label it, it certainly isn't the act of a club engaging in brinkmanship.

Chron & Echo

And the club office is a pretty small place, everyone is talking about "a signed contract". It may need ratifying by the League, if so it does indeed make this an "agreement in principle" but that is getting into semantics. Whatever you wish to label it, it certainly isn't the act of a club engaging in brinkmanship.

I'm inclined to agree. It's about time that somebody started to sort out the TEN fixture clashes that the arrangement will throw up.

Edit: Just read the article and see that the Cobblers will not be moving any of their games. I hope the Cov fans like Sunday football. Ha!

Last edited:
They could play on the Saturday at 5.20pm?

Might get a bigger crowd as well

Not too good for away fans either. On a typical Sunday when there's no engineering work the first train from Carlisle to Northampton arrives at 15:17.

Would they allow the clubs to swap home and away fixtures, I wonder? But then would Carlisle want to play all of their first three games away from home?

I'll be surprised if Coventry actually finish next season as a football club, my family are all supporters but none of them will be taking any notice of the club as it is.

Not too good for away fans either. On a typical Sunday when there's no engineering work the first train from Carlisle to Northampton arrives at 15:17.

If the Saints are playing you'll not get a bus to the last train home either, Sixfields gridlocks for an hour and a half. You can always kip over at ours Jeff ;)

I imagine the only reason the council and the police haven't kicked up already is that they expect to receive lots of money from Cov and their fans. Out of all the options open to Cov this one does make the most sense for ease of access but I'm buggered if I know how they'll fit fixtures around both the Cobblers and the Saints.

Still, it'll bring in revenue to the club and put them on a good footing with the proposed £12,000,000 expansion plan.

They could play on the Saturday at 5.20pm?

I doubt it - and if they did, the Carlisle would miss their last train back. (Although, having said that, they would have to get a lick on to catch it after a 3 o'clock kick-off on a Saturday)

Might get a bigger crowd as well

Such as the time that City played Stockport at Old Trafford as the second part of a 'double-header' in the early 1920s? Only 13 people paid for admission in the period between the two games and this was recorded as the official attendance for the match.

... I'm buggered if I know how they'll fit fixtures around both the Cobblers and the Saints.

I should know this but I don't. Do the Saints now play at Sixfields or have they still got their own ground? Was it summat Gardens?

I'll be surprised if Coventry actually finish next season as a football club

They certainly seem to be playing out some sort of death-wish. If there is a genuine offer to let them continue at the Ricoh for free next season, why are they not taking the stadium owners up on it?

Franklin?

They certainly seem to be playing out some sort of death-wish. If there is a genuine offer to let them continue at the Ricoh for free next season, why are they not taking the stadium owners up on it?
As I understand it, the free rent offer is just for while the club is in administration, in addition to which SISU's current game plan is to choke ACL into bankruptcy. Their goal is to own the stadium and rent it back to the club.

I should know this but I don't. Do the Saints now play at Sixfields or have they still got their own ground? Was it summat Gardens?

The grounds are closely located with only one route out or into town. Even when they staggered finish times this season the result was absolute chaos, it took me an hour and a half to travel three miles.

The grounds are closely located with only one route out or into town. Even when they staggered finish times this season the result was absolute chaos, it took me an hour and a half to travel three miles.

Surprised at that as Sixfields is on the ring road and ideal for the motorway/A45.
Franklins gardens is a different matter!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669