Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surprised at that as Sixfields is on the ring road and ideal for the motorway/A45.
Franklins gardens is a different matter!

It's down to the volume of traffic and the fact that retards enter roundabouts without having clear exits which prevents any movement.

It's down to the volume of traffic and the fact that retards enter roundabouts without having clear exits which prevents any movement.

Are they the ones that don't look at you as they know they are in the wrong? ;)

Whilst Sixfields is on the ring road with good links through to the motorway and A45. Parking is an absolute nightmare and, as with most major towns these days, public transport is a joke.

When I do go to home games, I like to met up with friends, have a few beers before and after the game.
A 60 mile round trip means someone is probably driving so can't join in the ale fest.

They've thought this through, haven't they!

Don't dislike the Cov like some, but certainly wouldn't wish this on any other team (apart from Leeds, that would be funny ;) )

It's all rather funny, right proper tin pot.

Approved by the FL:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23233268

Quite surprised they've put it through but won't be surprised if Coventry agree to move back to the Ricoh for the following year after acquiring it from the soon to be administrators of ACL.

This bit stood out for me:

When home fixtures clash, Northampton's games will take priority.
"If both teams are at home on the same weekend, Coventry will play on the Sunday and, if there is a midweek clash, Coventry will play on the Wednesday," said Cardoza.
"No Northampton Town games will be moved as part of this arrangement, subject to any television requirements."
This occurs for 15 of Northampton's 23 scheduled home matches next season, the first clash coming on the opening day, 10 August, when the Cobblers face Newport, with Coventry now forced to host their 'home' game against Bristol City a day later.

10 is still a fairly high number nonetheless.

It is indeed - especially as it involves all of the first 5 games. Cov won't have a home game on a Saturday (if you can call Northampton home) until 12th October. There will be other lengthy gaps, viz. the whole of January and from 15th February until 5th April.

It is indeed - especially as it involves all of the first 5 games. Cov won't have a home game on a Saturday (if you can call Northampton home) until 12th October. There will be other lengthy gaps, viz. the whole of January and from 15th February until 5th April.

I would imagine there would be a fair amount of discontent were City doing the same.

Is this going to result in the same thing as happened to Kettering I wonder?

I would imagine there would be a fair amount of discontent were City doing the same.

Is this going to result in the same thing as happened to Kettering I wonder?

For two seasons Brighton travelled even further to play their home games. Fifteen years later the club are in a much stronger position. Could the same thing happen to Cov, I wonder?

Naaah!

Last edited:
For two seasons Brighton travelled even further to play their home games. Fifteen years later the club are in a much stronger position. Could the same thing happen to Cov, I wonder?

Naaah!

I shouldn't imagine that Brighton carried the liabilities back then that clubs have these days. Football truly needs to start getting its house in order.

This bit stood out for me:

the first clash coming on the opening day, 10 August, when the Cobblers face Newport, with Coventry now forced to host their 'home' game against Bristol City a day later.

Can see some fun and games in Northampton that weekend, Bristol and Newport fans aren't renown for being the best of friends.

From what I am aware, Cov have little choice but to follow this course of action whereas Kettering willingly moved home. Plus, living at Sixfields will be affordable to them whereas Kettering needed to double attendances just to break even. The comparisons just don't hold up. Cov supporters will travel regardless what a few people who like polls vote. It will allow them breathing space and I'm sure they'll come back stronger for it.

From what I am aware, Cov have little choice but to follow this course of action whereas Kettering willingly moved home. Plus, living at Sixfields will be affordable to them whereas Kettering needed to double attendances just to break even. The comparisons just don't hold up. Cov supporters will travel regardless what a few people who like polls vote. It will allow them breathing space and I'm sure they'll come back stronger for it.
I don't think Coventry fans will go in anything like the numbers SISU/Otium are hoping for. I hope the owners get what they deserve - attendances like those seen at Wimbledon games in the last days of the original club.

Cheers Mawsley. I was wondering how the two situations compared and hoped you might be able to explain the Kettering scenario. I still can't get my head around that one though, I don't understand who gained what from what happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46