Cov Arrears

Status
Not open for further replies.
10 point deduction coming their way ...

A 10 point deduction won't make much difference to them. I don't think they'll get into the play-offs as it is, and with the deduction they'll be comfortably in mid table.
If the league decide to give them a bigger deduction they could find themselves in a relegation battle, but it would need to be around 20 points for them to be in any real danger.

Does it matter either way? They have too many points to not be relegated, and not enough points to trouble promotion.

Does it matter either way? They have too many points to not be relegated, and not enough points to trouble promotion.
Unless the ten points go back on, in which case they're back in the mix. Of course, that scenario is nonsense because the ten points shouldn't go back on, because the rules are as clear as they can be.

Unless the ten points go back on, in which case they're back in the mix. Of course, that scenario is nonsense because the ten points shouldn't go back on, because the rules are as clear as they can be.

If by some miracle the points are not taken this season I can't see anyway that Cov can stop a deduction next season, they are still in the mire with no sensible way out. I can't see why they wouldn't just take the deduction now and try to move on next season.

It's been reported some multimillionaire American was at their home game on Saturday, and he is looking to purchase the club, the ground and surrounding area sooner rather than later.

It's been reported some multimillionaire American was at their home game on Saturday, and he is looking to purchase the club, the ground and surrounding area sooner rather than later.

Surely later would be better than sooner, wouldn't he get a better price?

I would assume its because he wants to hit the ground running for next season rather than it mess up their transfer plans and more possible points deductions if they are still n admin next season??

Why would anyone buy a club like Coventry?

Preferably, but it won't make a difference to their points total next season.

this is what a Cov fan was trying to explain to me, because SISU are the largest creditor, they could block any sale of the club or any attempt to enter a CVA, making the whole process a long drawn out affair. Meaning the administrator would probably have to force through a sale similar to the Pompey scenario, with the possibility of a points deduction next season as well.

bearing in mind this was someone from Cov I'm not sure if he has his facts right or not.

Scoop!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670