Post Match Coventry 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Danns Magic Danns from Labyrinth would have been better!

Just wondering which of the nametags people are prefering?

Sven Goran Erikkson's Leicester City or Big Spending Leicester.

I'm currently undecided.

Just got back, no excuse for Vassell, stupid stupid challenge & we should be thanking Baker for levelling the numbers.

Fernandes was absolutely fantastic, in fact the whole of the midfield was fantastic (Danns, Abe, Wellens & Fernandes). Really impressed with Konchesky & Peltier both look good, shame for Peltier to get injured.

Very happy Leicester fan!

PS. I saw a certain Bocadillo when I first arrived at about 11-40 :icon_wink

Schmeichel - 7 - Assured and confident, dealt well with a couple of shots directly at him. Otherwise untroubled.
Peltier - 6 - Early nerves led to a couple of small errors but got up well for his goal and enjoyed the day out.
Bamba - 7 - Casually superb.
Mills - 5 - Decent performance but let down by a couple of drops in concentration. Created Coventry's best chance.
Konchesky - 6 - Solid and effective.
Danns - 5 - Did a lot of 'off the ball' work, arrived too late to a couple of balls, made one or two very minor mistakes.
Wellens - 6 - Decent enough.
Abe - 7 - Read the team's play superbly, made some good runs.
Fernandes - 7 - Played some good balls, filled important space well. Could be a good signing.
Vassell - 0 - Needlessly vicious challenge under no pressure to get sent off, far better expected of experienced players. Almost wrecked the day with a moment of brainlessness.
Nugent - 7 - Energetic, good in the air, unlucky not to score with first half header.

Subs:
King - 4 - Not fit, but created a couple of exciting moments around the Cov box.
Gallagher - Cameo.

Tough old game, that, given the rank stupidity of Vassell. What a wanker

Fernandes was outstanding - covered every inch of the pitch, and organised the team superbly. Potentially a wonderful signing and a certain fans favourite in the making. Mightily impressive player

Abe Wellens and Danns held us together under Fernandes control. Super stuff all round

Bamba was excellent - the rest of the back four were a bit hit and miss, to be honest. Clearly need game time together

Special shout for Nugent, who was left completely on his own ( even when we had eleven men which was a bit disappointing). He worked tirelessly, despite the lack of support, and looked pretty decent. He needs a proper strike partner asap

Super atmosphere. Very average ref. Pitiful turnout from their fans

Three points. Onwards and upwards...

Last edited:
Seems like Reading and Bristol City may have more pressing concerns than hanging on to their strikers, if current scores are anything to go by.

Schmeichel - 7 - Assured and confident, dealt well with a couple of shots directly at him. Otherwise untroubled.
Peltier - 6 - Early nerves led to a couple of small errors but got up well for his goal and enjoyed the day out.
Bamba - 7 - Casually superb.
Mills - 5 - Decent performance but let down by a couple of drops in concentration. Created Coventry's best chance.
Konchesky - 6 - Solid and effective.
Danns - 5 - Did a lot of 'off the ball' work, arrived too late to a couple of balls, made one or two very minor mistakes.
Wellens - 6 - Decent enough.
Abe - 7 - Read the team's play superbly, made some good runs.
Fernandes - 7 - Played some good balls, filled important space well. Could be a good signing.
Vassell - 0 - Needlessly vicious challenge under no pressure to get sent off, far better expected of experienced players. Almost wrecked the day with a moment of brainlessness.
Nugent - 7 - Energetic, good in the air, unlucky not to score with first half header.

Subs:
King - 4 - Not fit, but created a couple of exciting moments around the Cov box.
Gallagher - Cameo.

Is your dedication deteriorating?

You were at least five minutes late for the match :icon_eek: :icon_eek:

Last edited:
Is your dedication deteriorating?

You were at least five minutes late for the match :icon_eek: :icon_eek:
Not ture. I'm pretty sure I could see the pitch when the game kicked off, but didn't emerge from the entrance until the shower of ****s blocking it were forced out of the way. I don't want to talk about the reason I turned up dead on kick off.

Bristol 0 Ipswich 3, looks like Maynard is backing the wrong horse =/

Some good teams only picking up a point today. Forest, Reading and Middlesboro all drawing games they should have probably won. Great result for Derby beating Birmingham too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669