Post Match Coventry 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schmeichel - 7 - Assured and confident, dealt well with a couple of shots directly at him. Otherwise untroubled.
Peltier - 6 - Early nerves led to a couple of small errors but got up well for his goal and enjoyed the day out.
Bamba - 7 - Casually superb.
Mills - 5 - Decent performance but let down by a couple of drops in concentration. Created Coventry's best chance.
Konchesky - 6 - Solid and effective.
Danns - 5 - Did a lot of 'off the ball' work, arrived too late to a couple of balls, made one or two very minor mistakes.
Wellens - 6 - Decent enough.
Abe - 7 - Read the team's play superbly, made some good runs.
Fernandes - 7 - Played some good balls, filled important space well. Could be a good signing.
Vassell - 0 - Needlessly vicious challenge under no pressure to get sent off, far better expected of experienced players. Almost wrecked the day with a moment of brainlessness.
Nugent - 7 - Energetic, good in the air, unlucky not to score with first half header.

Subs:
King - 4 - Not fit, but created a couple of exciting moments around the Cov box.
Gallagher - Cameo.

I agree with most of these.
Kasper made a first half save that I thought was excellent. Generally very good.
I would have given Konchesky 7 as I thought he was excellent.
Danns was worth a 6 IMO
I thought Wellens had an excellent game and woujld have given him a 7.
One of Abe's best games.
I think you have been a bit kind to Nugent who missed a sitter. I would have given him a 5 or a 6.

Can't criticise anyone. All put in a good shift. Other than the twenty minute period of 11v10, we controlled the game.

Fernandes was immense IMO. Always wanted the ball, gets around the pitch well.

Cracking celebrations on and off pitch.

I thought it was a very ptrofessional performance by Leicester - with the exception of Darius of course. The sending off was a real shock and suddenly a draw seemed like it would be a good result. The second sending off was a turning point. Leicester had nullified their attack with ten men - except for a brilliant save by Kasper. However, the loss of Darius had put us on the defensive. I would guess the second sending off had a psychological impact on both teams as Coventry had blown their best shot.

In the second half Leicester were clearly the better team. They defended superbly and ran the midfield. Although Coventry still had a lot of possession ir was mainly deep in their defence. Shortly before Peltiers goal Nugent missed what seemed to me a very easy chance.

One of the things that most impressed me was the way Leicester kept possession in the time added on. There was none of the last minute panic we used to see ibn those Leiceter teams that would throw away results in the last minutes.

A word on Coventry. If I were a Coventry fan I would be concerned about how completely the Leicester defence kept their attack quiet. I would also be concerned about the number of empty seats at the Ricoh for the first game of the season.

I thought it was a very ptrofessional performance by Leicester - with the exception of Darius of course. The sending off was a real shock and suddenly a draw seemed like it would be a good result. The second sending off was a turning point. Leicester had nullified their attack with ten men - except for a brilliant save by Kasper. However, the loss of Darius had put us on the defensive. I would guess the second sending off had a psychological impact on both teams as Coventry had blown their best shot.

In the second half Leicester were clearly the better team. They defended superbly and ran the midfield. Although Coventry still had a lot of possession ir was mainly deep in their defence. Shortly before Peltiers goal Nugent missed what seemed to me a very easy chance.

One of the things that most impressed me was the way Leicester kept possession in the time added on. There was none of the last minute panic we used to see ibn those Leiceter teams that would throw away results in the last minutes.

A word on Coventry. If I were a Coventry fan I would be concerned about how completely the Leicester defence kept their attack quiet. I would also be concerned about the number of empty seats at the Ricoh for the first game of the season.

Thank you for that brief match report - easy to read and gave me a good overview of what happened.

Because I think some thing special is happening to Leicester at the moment I went away for the first time for many years and used Fox Travel, I hope my reflections muight help those tempted to travel to Away Games.

When I used to go in the 1970s used the train. Fox Travel was far preferable. I bought the coach ticket when I bought the match ticket. We were picked up at the King Power and dropped off at The Ricoh and then vice versa. It was so much more convenient than arriving at a railway station.

As an away fan we were behind a goal which is not my normal position. I thoroughly enjoyed the atmosphere and the noise was louder than I expected which was good. Being behind the goal made it more difficulr for me to judge distances - whether a pass was overhit or not. I feel that I can follow the game better around the centre line. Where I sit at the King Power I am used to talking to those around me who are very knowledgeable and often very funny. There seemed none of that partly because people were only in those seats for one match and partly because of the noise, It was somethuing I missed.

At the King Power I have always taken a small bottle and no one has stopped me. At the Ricoh I had to give up the bottle top which I have never known before. I thought the half time at The Ricoh was very poor and it made me appreciate The Birch.

Being in the middle of the chants there was one that baffled me for a time. I could not understand why so many Leicester fans were chanting "We hate Custard." It took some time for me to realise it was "We hate Covscum."

Kasper 7 solid and made saves when he was needed

Konchesky 7 didn't really put a foot wrong and looked assured
Bamba 7.5 looked more himself today, classy when he wanted to be
Mills 6 didn't do a great deal wrong but caught out on occasions

Abe 7 showed great versatility today which will be needed over the summer
Wellens 7 Wiley to help get there guy sent off and an assist too
Fernandes 8 best debut I've seen in a while- great passing, athleticism and strength. Let's hope it's a sign of thinks to come

Vassell 5 I felt he tried to pull out that challenge and also the momentum of there guy made it worse to look at
Nugent 7 worked his bollocks off and unlucky not to score, but lacked cutting edge fir his other chance
Danns 6 ran his socks off but wasted good chances

Felt king looked hungry and less easy to knock off the ball when he came on

Kasper 7 solid and made saves when he was needed

Konchesky 7 didn't really put a foot wrong and looked assured
Bamba 7.5 looked more himself today, classy when he wanted to be
Mills 6 didn't do a great deal wrong but caught out on occasions

Abe 7 showed great versatility today which will be needed over the summer
Wellens 7 Wiley to help get there guy sent off and an assist too
Fernandes 8 best debut I've seen in a while- great passing, athleticism and strength. Let's hope it's a sign of thinks to come

Vassell 5 I felt he tried to pull out that challenge and also the momentum of there guy made it worse to look at
Nugent 7 worked his bollocks off and unlucky not to score, but lacked cutting edge fir his other chance
Danns 6 ran his socks off but wasted good chances

Felt king looked hungry and less easy to knock off the ball when he came on

:018:

SIXTH PLACE?!!! Shambles, Milan should get the Swedish sex pest out and get Walsheh loool.

Oh and before I forget, my girlfriend told me that Rock City (venue in Nottingham for those who aren't familiar) is having a Monster Munch party to celebrate the end of the exam period. Seriously. This basically involves copious amounts of every TBers' favorite crispy snack being fired into a seething cauldron of sweaty over excited youths. I'll be there and I hope many of you will be too.

TBers can identify each other by shouting 'Xbox!' and waiting for the appropriate response of 'Back of the sofa!'.

Seventh. We're not even in the play-off places.

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!

Pissflaps!

This is worse than we though. Walsheh's first more simply has to be the re-signing of Huuuuuume.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669