Pre Match Coventry City (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be there on Saturday on row VV. Absolutely cannot wait! Going the cricket later in the afternoon as well to see Leicestershire v Kent at Grace Road.

So not only am I on the same row as you at the footy, i'm also going cricket afterwards. I'll say hello, and you can get the beers in :icon_wink

We will arrive at the Ricoh cheered on by the best part of 7,000 fans. The players will be greeted like our new heroes. We will be fully prepared and hungry to show what we're about and what we intend to do this season. We will be made to feel like world beaters by Sven. We will be ready to battle and ready to play good football.

Cov won't know what's hit them. We'll put our first three points on the board and scare the living bejebus out of the rest of the Championship.

Ooh I HATE being the favourites. Not used to it, doesn't sit well with me. It could all go horribly wrong. Leicester City Fan = Pessimist

We will arrive at the Ricoh cheered on by the best part of 7,000 fans. The players will be greeted like our new heroes. We will be fully prepared and hungry to show what we're about and what we intend to do this season. We will be made to feel like world beaters by Sven. We will be ready to battle and ready to play good football.

Cov won't know what's hit them. We'll put our first three points on the board and scare the living bejebus out of the rest of the Championship.

:038::038::038:

Last edited:
I dreamt last night that we won 5 - 0, and on that basis I am content to invest my hard earned cash on that outcome

The team selection I think I'll leave to Sven - although in my dream Joleon Lescott scored an absolute beauty, so if he signs in time then he has to play

I also dreamt about this game last night. We won 1-0 but were far from convincing.

FWIW, Leicestershire beat Kent in the t20 later in the day.

I was a bit gutted when I woke up.

Every time I have been to Cov away the atmosphere from the Leicester fans has been totally shit. The more we take the worse it becomes I think.

I also dreamt about this game last night. We won 1-0 but were far from convincing.

FWIW, Leicestershire beat Kent in the t20 later in the day.

I was a bit gutted when I woke up.

That's a cracking dream, a full day out.

Gonna be a score draw at best I think with a late own goal saving our bacon.

Too many people seem convinced we're promoted already when we've not even kicked a ball yet and money doesn't always bring success!!

Last edited:
Gonna be a score draw at best I think with a late own goal saving our bacon.

Too many people seem convinced we're promoted already when we've not even kicked a ball yet and money doesn't always bring success!!

It seems to me that the "too many people" that you refer to are all fans of other clubs; they all seem to think that we only need to turn up. Most City fans I know are shitting themselves with concern that all the outlay may have been for nothing and that we will struggle to achieve the rich rewards we have been promised.

There should be no fear for this game. Cov were shit last year and they've gone to a lot of effort to ensure they're even worse this season.

It seems to me that the "too many people" that you refer to are all fans of other clubs; they all seem to think that we only need to turn up. Most City fans I know are shitting themselves with concern that all the outlay may have been for nothing and that we will struggle to achieve the rich rewards we have been promised.
Well I was basing my opinion on the replies to this thread and other posts on this board. I wouldn't go as far as saying people are 'shitting themselves' though, just aware that it isn't so simply as spending the most money in the league and are quite aware of the implications of this summers spending if we do not go up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669