Pre Match Coventry City (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to me that the "too many people" that you refer to are all fans of other clubs; they all seem to think that we only need to turn up. Most City fans I know are shitting themselves with concern that all the outlay may have been for nothing and that we will struggle to achieve the rich rewards we have been promised.

I think that the concern may be because of memories of Martin Allen and his fourteen stars. That was an even bigger influx of players, he was a good talker and it was Milan's first season in charge. Most fans started that season full of optimism . However. from our first match losing at home to Blackpool it was clear something was wrong, the new players turned out to be poor and for whatever reason we were relegated.

Yes we have another influx of players but this time it is very different. Obviously the managers are very different. Benfica and Lazio would no doubt think twice before appointing Martin Allen. Sven has already proved himself as a Leicester manager by saving us from relegation. The players Sven has signed are experienced in English football. Unlike Allen's "right back United" the signings make sense; Sven has signed two right backs but he has signed players throughout the team. The players who have come here are not ones with known attitude problems - no Dennis Wise and no Stan Collymore that we know of.

There will no doubt be a problem for a few games as our players will still need to learn each others game. Unlike under Sousa the players will be fit, unlikke under Allen they will be good enough and morale will be high - bring on the season.

Is there anything to fear?

There's always something to fear. We could end up looking very silly on Saturday, having spent a lot etc etc.
Sorry, deleted that as it looked horrendous! For info, posted the coventry squad list. I'd say there danger men are clingan, platt, mcsheffrey and eastwood.

Is there anything to fear?

There's always something to fear. We could end up looking very silly on Saturday, having spent a lot etc etc.

Any team that loses to Cov this season will look very silly.

My guess at Sven's starting line-up...

________________Kasper_________________

Peltier______Mills_______Bamba_____Konchesky

________________Abe____________________

________Wellens______Danns______________

_______Gallagher______Vassell_____________

______________Nugent___________________

I know you speak in jest, but I've put a lot of effort into my streak. I don't expect anyone else to do the same but it's very important to me.
Sorry, that wasn't aimed directly at you and I was unaware on a streak of x amount of games. Was just meant to be a throw away comment to stoke the fire a bit of posters that seem to think you need to go to every game in order to voice an opinion.

how about:

Schmeichel
Pantsil Bamba Mills Konchesky
Wellens
Danns King
Gallagher Nugent Dyer
Subs: Gelson, Weale, Peltier, St Ledger, Johnson, Vassell, Howard

Abe and Johnson can watch.

Assuming match fitness (big assumption) a midfield trio of Fernandes, Johnson and King looks mighty meaty to me

Sorry, deleted that as it looked horrendous! For info, posted the coventry squad list. I'd say there danger men are clingan, platt, mcsheffrey and eastwood.

Clingan is the only worry, I can't believe I'm actually posting as to which Cov player is worth worrying about...

Assuming match fitness (big assumption) a midfield trio of Fernandes, Johnson and King looks mighty meaty to me

That'd be my choice, Fernandes holding, Johnson a little more advanced and King making those lovely runs into the box. Wowzers.

That'd be my choice, Fernandes holding, Johnson a little more advanced and King making those lovely runs into the box. Wowzers.

Have to say Johnson looked woefully unfit against Madrid and he was only on for 45 mins!!

Made little attempt to track back as he didn't have anything in the tank.

Shouldn't be anywhere near the starting X1 in my opinion

He won't be to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673