Pre Match Coventry City (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello coventry city fans, look at your club, now back at ours, now back at your club, now back at ours. Sadly your club isn't ours, but if it stopped being a little whinney bitch and brought in quality players it could be like ours!
Look down, now up where are you? Your at the king power stadium supporting a club your club could be like! Anything is possible when your club is as massive as ours!!

We're on a horse

Just for Blue Maniac - make sure you are in your seat on time.....

Last season the Fosse Boys started doing the Grecques/Poznan, which wasnt recognised by our fans at first. It took untill January and the visit of Man City in the FA Cup for people to realise what they were trying to achieve.

Anyway to my point; In previous seasons our visits to Coventry have been great numbers wise but singing wise(from both sets of fans) have been very poor. Leading some comments about 'day trippers, mongs, prawn sandwich brigade' etc.

This year at Coventry my idea is before or just the after players come out, even just a few seconds before kick off is for the majority of our end to turn the backs and unite in the Grecques/Poznan. This along with the singing of the carnival de paris song will go on to create a good/great atmosphere for our fans for the game ahead. This could possibly lead to us doing the same thing before all home, away games next season

"This could possibly lead to us doing the same thing before all home, away games next season"Will at least give justification for people turning up to their seats late.

I don't give a shit what the idea is, as long as it improves on the embarrassing atmosphere we normally produce at Cov.

Just for Blue Maniac - make sure you are in your seat on time.....

Was being mentioned on Twitter last night. 12:25 is the time. I apologise now to the people on my row tomorrow as I will be arriving late at my seat.

I don't give a shit about the embarrassing atmosphere as long as we stuff them 3 or 4 nil.

I don't give a shit what the idea is, as long as it improves on the embarrassing atmosphere we normally produce at Cov.

This is more embarrassing than when the club released the commemorative DVD after beating Forest, and that got panned. Just because we now have most of their players, we don't need to copy Man City with some shitty dance that we don't even understand the meaning of (and neither do Man City).

Just found this on the internets as well

How ironic

Last edited by a moderator:
This is more embarrassing than when the club released the commemorative DVD after beating Forest, and that got panned. Just because we now have most of their players, we don't need to copy Man City with some shitty dance that we don't even understand the meaning of (and neither do Man City).

Just found this on the internets as well

How ironic

Watched the game, was actually impressed by Poznan (or whatever they are called) and their repertoire of songs/jigs(!) throughout the game.
As for the Man City fans singing wtf is that. "Don't you feel a bit stupid now"

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever, copying other clubs is part of football, I don't see too many of our boring support coming up with something new.

If I had to choose between that and the funeral atmosphere we usually conjure up at Cov then I know what I would choose.

Last edited:
Whatever, copying other clubs is part of football, I don't see too many of our boring support coming up with something new.

If I had to choose between that and the funeral atmosphere we usually conjure up at Cov then I know what I would choose.

A win?

It's not just Cov away, its most away games. Always a good atmosphere in the concourses before then everyone seems to go silent in the seats not to mention home matches!!

we've not got a great record at the Ricoh Arena, only 1 defeat but yet to win there, which will all change tomorrow

As someone who is no longer superfit can someone tell me how many jumps up and down make up a poznan. I would prefer two but might be able to manage a three jump poznan.
Is this just to celebrate the first Leicester goal? A poznan for every Leicester goal will really be exhausting.

Compare the starting line-up for tomorrow's game to the one we started with last year:

01 Weale
02 Neilson
04 Morrison
15 Berner
25 Hobbs
08 Oakley
10 King
11 Dyer
12 Fryatt (Howard 61)
17 N'Guessan (Wellens 60)
32 Campbell

Substitutes