Pre Match Coventry City (away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this is not strictly relevant to this thread, but many of you will be in Coventry and its environs this week end. This chap is a friend of mine, he is a nice guy with lovely wife and a beautiful young family who are desperate to find him. His disappearance is so out of character that although he has only been missing since Monday we are all very worried about his welfare. Its a long shot I know, but if anyone see's him or his car, or hears anything that might help us locate him, please call the number on the poster.

Thanks

Chuck

Attachments

• 11-001785-GrahamEmery.pdf
    214.6 KB · Views: 88
And McSheffrey is shit. (So he'll score :icon_lol:)

A McSheffrey goal once did me a lot of good. We were playing Cov at home and their fan had been giving me some grief on the train, saying that McSheffrey was bound to score. I took him at his word and when I got to the Walkers put a couple of quid on him to score first and Leicester to win 2-1.

Cov fan was right - he did score - and it was first. Mark de Vries made my day with one in the last minute of the first half and another in the first of the second and, with another couple of small bets coming up, I had £180-odd to pick up on the Monday morning.

Any team that loses to Cov this season will look very silly.

I was speaking to a Cov fan today who can't wait for Saturday, despite him believing they are in for a good hiding. He said he was in awe of what we were trying to achieve, and that he's keen to see our new signings.

The fact that there was no hint of sarcasm, or anything, amazed me.

I was speaking to a Cov fan today who can't wait for Saturday, despite him believing they are in for a good hiding. He said he was in awe of what we were trying to achieve, and that he's keen to see our new signings.

The fact that there was no hint of sarcasm, or anything, amazed me.

Wow, he'd be killed if he told any Cov fans that on Saturday.

I know this is not strictly relevant to this thread, but many of you will be in Coventry and its environs this week end. This chap is a friend of mine, he is a nice guy with lovely wife and a beautiful young family who are desperate to find him. His disappearance is so out of character that although he has only been missing since Monday we are all very worried about his welfare. Its a long shot I know, but if anyone see's him or his car, or hears anything that might help us locate him, please call the number on the poster.

Thanks

Chuck

Sorry to hear of this, must be very concerning for friends and family. Whatever the problem hope it is all resolved positively

So not only am I on the same row as you at the footy, i'm also going cricket afterwards. I'll say hello, and you can get the beers in :icon_wink

Do say hello! I'll be the one on his own (as is normal when I go to away games). I'm not sure whether I wanna drink that early though, mine will be a lemonade I think.

How many now?
The streak is still in its infancy at the minute, Robbie. 170 games. Last competitive fixture I missed was the 1-0 win at Cardiff under Holloway.
Sorry, that wasn't aimed directly at you and I was unaware on a streak of x amount of games. Was just meant to be a throw away comment to stoke the fire a bit of posters that seem to think you need to go to every game in order to voice an opinion.
Understood. Since you mention it though, I know several people who insist they know better than I do about certain players who I've seen play dozens more times than they have. Perfect example: my mate could only have seen Patrick van Aanholt play twice last season, maybe three times tops. Yet he insists I'm wrong in my opinion of the lad.

Do say hello! I'll be the one on his own (as is normal when I go to away games). I'm not sure whether I wanna drink that early though, mine will be a lemonade I think.
Meet me before the game, I'll show you the one to avoid. Or I'll introduce you to a few TBers. I strongly suggest the former, otherwise you might end up meeting Fludie.

They are all Jealous Lee, but they don't want their bigger neighbors knowing about it.

Who can blame them?

Last edited:
My friend Graham has been found safe and has been reunited with his family in Cov. Now lets stick it to his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669