Pre Match Coventry (h)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

I started the Derby prematch thread so im going for 2nd consecutive league win. Hopefully Pelts will be fit so we can field an unchamged team. With Fonz gone hopefully Waggy Schlupp or Gally will be fit enough for the bench.Lets make it 2 then 3 consecutive league wins. Im confident we can see off another Midland rival, 3-1 Beks2 Marshall, they might scrape a pen

Last edited by a moderator:
I started the Derby prematch thread so im going for a 2 league win. Hopefully Pelts will be fit so we can field an unchamged team. With Fonz gone hopefully Waggy Schlupp or Gally will be fit enough for the bench.Lets make it 2 then 3 consecutive league wins. Im confident we can see off another Midland rival, 3-1 Beks2 Marshall, they might scrape a pen

How can you scrape a pen? We'll either give one away or we won't.

I'd like us to really go for the throat here and smash them by a few goals, Cov are there for the taking - especially at our place - and we should be able to finally get this ridiculous consecutive win hoodoo off our backs.

Perfect time to go on a run...

Sense another irritating draw against weaker opposition, followed by the inevitable 'boooooooo', only to then clap Schmeichel when he reaches the 'Kop' end.

If you don't beat this pile of dross I shall be very cross indeed:018:

I reckon 8-0. Mills to score all of them.

I reckon NP will more than likely stick with an unchanged side and we'll go with....

Schmeichel
Peltier, St. Ledger, Morgan, Konchesky
Marshall, Danns, Wellens, Dyer
Beckford, Nugent

Not many options for the bench really, assuming Mills will be left out again and Delfouneso won't have re-signed in time for the match. I'd like to see:

Bamba, Hopper, Drinkwater, Waghorn (how's he doing injury wise?) & Mills

I don't think Howard has anything to offer us anymore, if we're going to bring on a striker for the last 15-20 minutes, I'd much rather give an academy prospect a go, then a player who is clearly long past his sell by date. I've heard some good things about Hopper so far, the only way we're going to find out if he's any good is by giving him some game time.

Not many options for the bench really, assuming Mills will be left out again and Delfouneso won't have re-signed in time for the match. I'd like to see:

Bamba, Hopper, Drinkwater, Waghorn (how's he doing injury wise?) & Mills

I'd quite like to see a goalie on the bench. One day we are going to get caught out and where is an Alan Young or Theo Zagorakis when you need them?

I'd quite like to see a goalie on the bench. One day we are going to get caught out and where is an Alan Young or Theo Zagorakis when you need them?

Morrisons?

Actually, I have no idea. This is the worst quiz I've ever entered, I don't even know what the prizes are or if there's a closing date.

Obviously the one time you get caught out it's going to be a pain, and we're going to struggle, but how many times in a season will you genuinely need a substitute goalkeeper? West Ham managed to win the other day with Henri Lansbury in goal for over half an hour. I think there's merit in having an extra outfield player who can really influence a game rather than a goalkeeper, who might get an appearance maybe once in 30 odd games.

Obviously the one time you get caught out it's going to be a pain, and we're going to struggle, but how many times in a season will you genuinely need a substitute goalkeeper? West Ham managed to win the other day with Henri Lansbury in goal for over half an hour. I think there's merit in having an extra outfield player who can really influence a game rather than a goalkeeper, who might get an appearance maybe once in 30 odd games.
I agree. Get a couple of regular outfield players to do some basic goalkeeping in training - just a few minutes here and there -, and it's well worth the risk I think.

Last edited:
I agree. Get a couple of regular outfield players to do some basic goalkeeping in training - just a few minutes here and there -, and it's well worth the risk I think.

Exactly, in the same way you might ask an outfield player to play in a different position every now and then. It's not exactly the same, but like you say - a training session every couple of weeks would probably be enough, and I agree, it would be well worth the risk.

Bamba would get my vote. He can probably reach post to post with an arm and a leg outstretched!

Coventry City have sold 816 tickets for Saturday's game at Leicester, according to a tweet by Coventry Police.

Shall we sing a song for them?? :icon_lol:

I agree. If you've only got five spots on the bench, I think having a keeper there is a bit of a waste.

And besides, the only time we've needed to bring on the sub keeper this season (I think) was against Forest when Weale came on... and look how that worked out.

Coventry City have sold 816 tickets for Saturday's game at Leicester, according to a tweet by Coventry Police.

Shall we sing a song for them?? :icon_lol:

Wow, simply wow....

Pathetic. They'll bring out the excuse that they're having a shit season and they're nailed on for relegation, but that just doesn't wash. Can anyone remember how many we took to their place in our relegation season? I bet it was a damn sight more than that.

Pathetic. They'll bring out the excuse that they're having a shit season and they're nailed on for relegation, but that just doesn't wash. Can anyone remember how many we took to their place in our relegation season? I bet it was a damn sight more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669