Coventry match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fairly good performance first half, been on top for most of it really.

Levi looks good. If we score, I think he'll have something to do with it.

I'll take the point..

We played well, I thought we were the better team for most of the goal and we carried on trying until the very end, even when Cov were pushing us hard at the end.

We never stopped trying to score really, and everytime we got the ball looked positive and tried to get forward quickly, most of the time through quick short passes and crosses as well rather than long balls.

Hard to pick a MOTM... a good team performance but I dont think anyone really stood out. Kisnorbo probably. Fryatt, McCarthy, and Porter could've had it though. Kenton too actually. Defence looked solid most of the game.

Hammond was very quiet though and I hope Hume gets his starting place back next game.

Shame not to win, but I'm happy with the performance, and if we keep playing like that we'll win more than we lose I think

I'll take the point..

We played well, I thought we were the better team for most of the goal and we carried on trying until the very end, even when Cov were pushing us hard at the end.

We never stopped trying to score really, and everytime we got the ball looked positive and tried to get forward quickly, most of the time through quick short passes and crosses as well rather than long balls.

Hard to pick a MOTM... a good team performance but I dont think anyone really stood out. Kisnorbo probably. Fryatt, McCarthy, and Porter could've had it though. Kenton too actually. Defence looked solid most of the game.

Hammond was very quiet though and I hope Hume gets his starting place back next game.

Shame not to win, but I'm happy with the performance, and if we keep playing like that we'll win more than we lose I think
:038: Thanks Graz.

I'll take the point..

Having said all that, we did drift away a lot towards the end, last 20 minutes or so we let them into the game too much, but we did still leave Fryatt and often 1 other up there so we did have an outlet, and we weren't just letting them come at us over and over again.

(Wouldnt let me edit that in)

I think a Draw was about right,we were the better team in the first half then when they brought on some wide players they shaded it in the 2nd half.I thought Low looked good in the first half along with Porter but both faded in the 2nd half.fryatt looks a class act to me but Hammond is woeful and shouldn't even be in the squad,totally ineffective.Hughes seems to go missing for chunks of the game and seems to want 2 touches too many.Everybody else had fair games,nothing great but nothing too bad.We were Ok much better than Luton but not Promotion or even Play off matierial IMO.We need a big man up front IMO because Low and Porter were putting in some decent crosses but only Fryatt was in there.
A point away from home isn't a bad thing though:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69