Coventry Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did you make of that Homer, Melton, Steven??

I am bitterly disappointed that we have beaten Coventry and was quite obviously publicly calling for a defeat so that the fickle fans could clammer for IH's dismissal. :icon_roll

I have never called for IH to be sacked or for him to leave. I still believe he has everything to prove but the events of yesterday might be a step in the right direction. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

I am even more disappointed in the way in which there seems to be only one "acceptable" view about the Club, the Manager and the Players and dissension from that point of view, from whatever source, is deemed to be anti the Club, the Manager and the Players.

None of us are "Andy from Long Eaton" as far as I know.

Last edited:
I am bitterly disappointed that we have beaten Coventry and was quite obviously publicly calling for a defeat so that the fickle fans could clammer for IH's dismissal. :icon_roll

I have never called for IH to be sacked or for him to leave. I still believe he has everything to prove but the events of yesterday might be a step in the right direction. :icon_wink :icon_bigg

I am even more disappointed in the way in which there seems to be only one "acceptable" view about the Club, the Manager and the Players and dissension from that point of view, from whatever source, is deemed to be anti the Club, the Manager and the Players.

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol::038::038::038:

Just think after the magyars display yesterday or travelling support to the carrot crunchers next week could be bolstered by several thousand east europeans working on the eastern flatlands

This from the covscum OS :icon_lol:

Sky Blues boss Iain Dowie didn't pull any punches with his post-match comments after he saw his side lose 2-0 to Leicester City at the Walker's Stadium.
Dowie said that the result was 'one of the most disappointing performances of the season' after goals from Steve Howard and Barry Hayles brought the Sky Blues down to earth with a bump after last weekend's win over Blackburn.
"The players were well aware of my feelings after the game and although I will never divulge what goes on in the dressing room, I can say that our performance was simply not acceptable.

"Out of the players who started, I thought that only Elliott Ward came out with any credit although Kevin Kyle and Robbie Simpson did their best to change the game when they came on.
"We didn't have the hunger that we should have had and that is not good enough. You can make excuses about injuries, illness and suspension but the players who came into the side had their own chance to shine and that didn't happen.
"We will now go back to the drawing board for the match next weekend and I expect a much better performance than the one we got today.
"We had a fanastic turn out of fans for the game and I feel that we let them down."

one for your desktop :icon_wink

HungaryFlag.jpg

did you nick my new avatar?:icon_wink

a very good win, performance that for once warranted the result

for ****s sake though can everyone stop calling our keeper "arln-wick" its pronounced "anick" for ****s sake that nearly ruined my day hearing that repeatedly.

everyone...... "ANICK" see here its a place in northumberland with 2 nightclubs, Tip Tipping died there supposedly

totally agreed mate...the lads from the North East for f**ck's sake....my mam lives in Alnwick...where's the second nightclub?:icon_wink

I love how people assume that was Stearman's fault. The keeper was rushing out, he obviously gave Stearman a shout. People accuse him of just hoofing the ball but when he didn't they still moan.

:bang:

Stearman was shielding the ball when the keeper was still on his line, Stearmans hesitation forced the keeper to react.

Theres a time and place to play the ball that wasn't one of them.

I am suffering from a glorious hangover induced by one of the best matches I have seen at the Walkers.

I think I may toddle back to bed again now.

Smiling in an irritating manner.

Have to say that Cov were woefull, did Blackburn put out a reservre team in the cup? But in fairness they were as bad as most teams that have played at the Walkers this season which was what really hurt when we previously kept loosing to them. Apart for the Baggies I haven't seen a decent away team here all season.
Also, (and I know that they only played 1 game really) but ALL of those 5 new players ouzed quality today and for long periods of the game Cov were chasing shadows, if we had taken our chances we could have won 4 or 5 nil. Based on the fact that Cov are as much the same as 90% of this league we could now rise up the table quite easilly providing we can perform at the same intensity.
One other thing that is becoming clear though, there is a bit more to IH than the joker image that he puts accross. This guy knows what he is about.

I can see some light now at the end of the tunnel now. cmon.

I am happy. Yay

For all who think IH is just a joker, did you her his post game interview? Very serious, very impressive and spoke so much sense it must have been coming out of his ears.

An opinion yet Melts?

We never did think he was.....cue the rolling eyes and FFS.

Last edited:

**** me, it was a simple enough question, where did that come from??

You have been quick to decide Holloway isnt what we need so I was interested in your thoughts on the result and performance, not that bile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669