Coventry

Status
Not open for further replies.
... of the contrasting managerial approaches to the beautiful game on display I know which of the 2 I would rather watch for the rest of the season.

Some of us are beginning to worry more about what we might be watching next season.

Scoring goals is the aim, I dont care if we pass like brazil if we cant score and win games. So coventry were poor and we still conceded and only got a point.

I rather we have only one shot all game and win 1-0.

Still don't get the negativity on here.

It seemed to me that the international break did the team a big favour - it looks they've finally 'got' the style of play Sousa wants;

- The passing and movement was generally very good.
- The midfield was alomst totally dominant (Oakley & King outstanding).
- They looked and played like a team (i.e. no signs of discontent).

The 46% possession was extremely flattering to Coventry - they looked knackered chasing shadows all afternoon.

We just need to be more clinical in front of goal... and perhaps get a ref/linesman who can spot a full-back playing basketball in the penalty area.

Sousa in!!!

I don't care how we play if we win, and at the moment we aren't. I think Sousa will turn it round though, and based on yesterday's performance I hope he has his settled first team.

If the goals start coming we will be fine, but yesterday was down to poor defending by Hobbs and a lack of finesse from the strikers, neither of which can be blamed on Sousa. So where he was at fault for the performance against Reading in the first half I don't think he was at fault yesterday, and appears to have seen the error in changing the format.

Plus if we did get rid of Sousa there is nobody to replace him.

everything the manager is responsible for. If hobbs is not as good as defending this year then I put it down to poor coaching, the strikers probably due to poor fitness.

My goodness chrsallis, your cups never half full, always half empty, strikers are about confidence, so why not help by being more positive, you can't blame Sousa for everything although you clearly want to.

Do you seriously think we will go down??

I seriously think there is a possibility - and, as I repeatedly said in 2007/08, something has got to change if we are to stay up.

I seriously think there is a possibility - and, as I repeatedly said in 2007/08, something has got to change if we are to stay up.

On the evidence of yesterday's display, I believe the team is finally gelling - very few misplaced passes compared to the first few matches.

Also listening to Andy King's post-match interview it seems the players are on board (quote - "it's a joy to play" or words to that effect).

2 points so far is certainly not good enough results-wise but I still think it's too early to press the panic button.

Other than us starting to bang in a few goals, what are you suggesting should change right now?

everything the manager is responsible for. If hobbs is not as good as defending this year then I put it down to poor coaching, the strikers probably due to poor fitness.

You are not the first to imply this. If Sousa is at fault for Hobbs/Morrison losing form then he must be praised for Neilson gaining it, but this is, rightly in my opinion, seen as Neilson's doing.

Course it is. He has completely forgotten how to jump to head a ball,good job there is someone to remind him to breathe.

It did change in 2007/08, worked well then as well.

You are not the first to imply this. If Sousa is at fault for Hobbs/Morrison losing form then he must be praised for Neilson gaining it, but this is, rightly in my opinion, seen as Neilson's doing.

From my own very limited playing experience, I believe the manager has a massive bearing on player performances. In my opinion, Pearson instructed the players to play a percentage based game, where defenders were simply responsible for defendining and playing the no risk ball into the channel. I believe Sousa however wants a great deal more from his defenders, not only carrying out defensive duties but also playing an integral part of the possession game. The risk with this is that when the team loses possession, the defenders have a greater chance of being caught out of position. Consequently, I think the likes of Hobbs and Morrison at centre back have found it difficult to adapt.

A comment from one of their fans:

"I've been to every game this season, and we are woeful... urgent changes are required. How the Inbreds only have one point before today I'll never know, they gave us a football lesson today, we were lucky not to concede at least 5, the one they had that hit the post, the clear pen they should have had with Clarke handled... the list goes on. ""

:icon_eek:how dares they!!

I think Hobbs has the potential for greatness, but it seems to me at times he gets caught watching the game too much. For a defender, the ability to watch the game is important, but they can't just stand there and suddenly think "shit, I should do something about this". Hobbs will, I hope, grow out of this, I forget just how young he is at times, and expect him to play like a far more experienced player!

If that makes sense....

Yes it does.

I agree about the potential he has. Hopefully the first few games of the season were more down to not being comfortable with who he was playing alongside and now we will see him return to last seasons form.

Surely we should be applauding what Sousa is trying to achieve? We've played 6 league games ffs.

I want results, but we don't need them instantly. We could afford to get nothing for 20 games and still finish mid table or better.

Get off his case and give him time, we owe him this. Has everyone forgotten the start of the MON era?

Unbefeckingleavable.

That is correct.

Redditch Fox however sums up rather well what I am thinking. Passing the ball around is one thing but the more important things are defending and been clinical at scoring, we have suffered on both of those things. At home he is bang on right, we will pass around in our own half, then after 20 passes we will try to get in the box and then lose possession and concede on a counter attack.

Surely we should be applauding what Sousa is trying to achieve? We've played 6 league games ffs.

I want results, but we don't need them instantly. We could afford to get nothing for 20 games and still finish mid table or better.

Get off his case and give him time, we owe him this. Has everyone forgotten the start of the MON era?

Unbefeckingleavable.

Lol. We don't need results yet? Is Dave Jones telling his players that?t

That is correct.

Redditch Fox however sums up rather well what I am thinking. Passing the ball around is one thing but the more important things are defending and been clinical at scoring, we have suffered on both of those things. At home he is bang on right, we will pass around in our own half, then after 20 passes we will try to get in the box and then lose possession and concede on a counter attack.

Your glass isn't so much half empty - it's got a bloody great big hole at the bottom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669