Covid Breaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
As I understand what BR has said about it, the decisions were all his to make on how to deal with the situation. He decided not to issue fines as he felt that they weren't really punishment. He decided to remove the players from today's game and then draw a line under it and move on.
Fair enough, I have no issue with that either. If the fines he was able to give won't touch their salary, then he's right.

I agree with most of this, but once again I'm baffled by the standard accusation of arrogance. How? If they were told after Soyuncu tested positive than any stupid breaches would be punished by missing a match, it's appropriate. If they were potentially positive and not allowed to train with the bubble, it makes entire sense. Even if it's a decision the management has taken to assert it's authority, then good, that's an appropriate response.
There will also be limits on how much the players can be fined, and missing out on appearance fees, plus the public embarrassment for them, will add to that.

I'm honestly intrigued what you find arrogant.
With the amount of tests they have to do, there’s no “potentially positive”. They were made to train away from the main group as punishment.

I find the fact that we decided we can cope without them today incredibly arrogant. The decision to leave them out could potentially cost us Top 4.

And don’t get me started on the arrogance of this quote:

Rodgers: "You can do if you’re soft. To be a winner you have to act like a winner."

As I understand what BR has said about it, the decisions were all his to make on how to deal with the situation. He decided not to issue fines as he felt that they weren't really punishment. He decided to remove the players from today's game and then draw a line under it and move on.

That was my take from listening to him.

So if the players being removed from the match day squad is also a PL requirement (IF it is, I don't know) what is the club punishment?

As for the golf thing (again IF), the message that concerns me is to the fans. Where's the public display of contrition in playing your (presumably) 2nd favourite sport? The timing is poor/I'll judged - it looks like another 'don't give a shit'. No acknowledgement of having acted stupidly.

I'm really pleased with the way this has been handled. Good management of the players. I now expect a reaction next week.
You are?

If you had a choice of playing the players and winning today, or not and losing, I’d be amazed if you were to choose the latter.

Rodgers: "You can do if you’re soft. To be a winner you have to act like a winner."

To be fair to BR, you need to hear the entire response. He was responding to a question which was suggesting that he had overreacted and could have let it go.

He was saying that he'd been brought to Leicester to instill a winning mentality at the top level and that means doing everything in the right way. His quote is basically saying that players did not meet those standards so he had to act.

With the amount of tests they have to do, there’s no “potentially positive”. They were made to train away from the main group as punishment.

I find the fact that we decided we can cope without them today incredibly arrogant. The decision to leave them out could potentially cost us Top 4.

Believe it or not, sometimes winning isn't everything in life and the long term impact of a punishment is more important. I still don't see the arrogance in his quote. Maybe we have a different understanding of what the word means.

So having a day off work is the punishment. Cracking stuff.
A day off work to play golf. I need to break Covid rules more often.

We had to leave them out otherwise they wouldn’t learn? That hasn’t worked so well with Choudhury has it?

You are?

If you had a choice of playing the players and winning today, or not and losing, I’d be amazed if you were to choose the latter.
In my opinion, not playing the players was the right decision regardless of the result. That decision was far more important than getting 3 points in this game.

A day off work to play golf. I need to break Covid rules more often.
Exactly - if Maddison is actually playing golf today he doesn't seem to care much that he's been left out! Leaving them out was surely the bare minimum as there would be a risk of them spreading covid to the other players and jeopardising our squad even further. As it stands they've had no punishment and they've been protected by Rodgers.

Exactly - if Maddison is actually playing golf today he doesn't seem to care much that he's been left out! Leaving them out was surely the bare minimum as there would be a risk of them spreading covid to the other players andjeopardising our squad even further. As it stands they've had no punishment and they've been protected by Rodgers.
Maddison has just ended his hopes of going to the Euros. He is also going to get hammered in the press. I imagine he's pretty gutted.

It does beg the question of just how to punish. If fines are meaningless and suspensions hurt the club as much as the player. Almost as if players are above it all. Off with the goolies I say. It's the only way. (Men's football)

What ****s me off, what really ****s me off, is that I won't give a shit either if Maddison gets the winner next weekend. All will be forgotten.

Give them double training sessions for the first half of the week, fine then a months wages and then ban them from the end of season piss up. Then you keep them in the team and make it clear you expect one hell of a performance from them.

That would hurt the players a lot more, and doesn’t weaken the team.

Maddison has just ended his hopes of going to the Euros. He is also going to get hammered in the press. I imagine he's pretty gutted.
He was never going to go anyway.

And he would be getting hammered in the press regardless of whether he had played today or not.

In fairness to Ted. He's going to keep his tag as a bottler when we drop out of the top 4. Giving the players no punishment and welcoming them back is making our chance of top 4 that little bit greater.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263