Covid Breaches

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was never going to go anyway.

And he would be getting hammered in the press regardless of whether he had played today or not.
He wouldn't have got hammered if we'd have been weak and brushed it under the carpet.

He wouldn't have got hammered if we'd have been weak and brushed it under the carpet.

Why wouldn’t he? The likes of Kyle Walker and Jack Grealish did, but I don’t recall those two getting dropped.

One thing no one has mentioned, these clowns have got to face their teammates, if I was one of them I'd be right hacked off about it and let them know constantly.

Yes. We lost. The blame for that should be put on those who decided a party was more important than their job.

They were left out, presumably, to show them that there are consequences for their actions that will be there for all to see. I'm glad it wasn't swept under the carpet because maybe we will see a reaction from them. If we fail to make the CL by 3 points then their transgressions won't be forgotten for a while. Good. They're ****s.

I think Rodgers is right. To build a winning team, you have to have a strong mentality. If you're more interested in playing strip snap with your wanky little mates than trying to reach the highest levels possible in your own game then how on earth can anyone trust that you'll step up when you're needed on a cold Tuesday in Burnley?

Perhaps the mentality of those that played today should also have been stronger, we should have had enough to win and the manager made mistakes. He should have known that we needed Alnrighton on much sooner. For that, he deserves criticism. For strong management and making a point to those selfish pricks who decided to **** over their team mates, he earns my plaudits.

Club captain Wes Morgan and injured winger Harvey Barnes were among the Leicester City players who breached COVID-19 protocols by attending a party at team-mate Ayoze Perez’s house after their loss to Manchester City last weekend, The Athletic understands.

James Maddison, Perez and Hamza Choudhury were axed from Brendan Rodgers’ squad this week and were absent for today’s 3-2 defeat at West Ham United, while the injured pair of Barnes and Morgan also attended the gathering.

It is understood Rodgers held a meeting with his squad the day before the Manchester City game last Saturday, April 3, asking them to be extra careful and professional in the final weeks of the season with Champions League qualification on the line, after defender Caglar Soyuncu was ruled out with COVID-19 contracted while on international duty with Turkey.

After the club heard of Perez’s house party, they reacted immediately to protect the first-team bubble. The players had Monday off as planned but on Tuesday those involved were called into a meeting by Rodgers and told they would not be able to train until they had passed another COVID-19 test and that their punishment would be missing the West Ham match. They were instructed how their week would look and that they would train separately away from the rest of the first-team squad as their colleagues prepared for what was a huge game.

Without key members of their first team, Leicester fell 3-0 behind and lost at the London Stadium, which cuts the gap between the two clubs, who are third and fourth in the Premier League table, to a single point with seven games to go. Chelsea are a point further back in fifth.

Team-mates are said to be disappointed with their lack of discipline, which has come at a crucial stage of the season as Leicester try to avoid a repeat of the late collapse that cost them a Champions League spot last season. They also have an FA Cup semi-final against Southampton at Wembley next Sunday.

Manager Rodgers tried to stop the incident from overshadowing his side’s preparations for their visit to top-four race rivals West Ham and even said in his pre-match press conference on Friday that England midfielder Maddison, who has only recently returned from a hip injury, was available for selection.

The players, who are tested twice a week, are said to have apologised to their team-mates but will face no further disciplinary action by the club. Rodgers wouldn’t confirm the players involved but said he decided to leave them out of the West Ham game as a punishment rather than fine them.

“It was a breach,” he says. “My objective when I came to Leicester City was to create a standard, on and off the pitch. The standards fell way below what we would expect, in particular at this stage of the season when we are challenging and fighting to finish off a really exciting season.

“That standard and the values we have within the team and at the club fell well below that. The guys who weren’t involved in the squad (today) would have been (but for this issue). As a consequence of their behaviour, they weren’t. I could easily fine players and it is a drop in the ocean now, but then the dynamic isn’t quite right within the squad. I had to deal with that throughout the week.

“That is how strongly I felt about it. It was a very important game for us but some things are bigger than football. Now with experience and a bit more wisdom you have to respect that, you have to respect what the nation are going through. We have to respect what our values are within our team and our club.

“The players are bitterly disappointed. From a personal perspective I was very disappointed too, I have to say. They are good boys and it is not something they are going to get thrown away now. They knew what the consequence was, that they wouldn’t be involved in this game. Now we draw a line under it. They rejoin the squad now to prepare for next week.

“It is gone now and will be ready for the semi-final. I won’t hold it against them. It is not their identity and they have been punished for it. Now we have to look forward.”

A Leicester City spokesman said on Sunday: “The club has made its expectations around adherence to COVID-19 protocols abundantly clear to all its personnel. It is extremely disappointing, therefore, to learn of a breach that had the potential to undermine the efforts of club staff to protect the environments in which our teams train and play. Appropriate measures have been taken to prevent our team bubbles being compromised.

“We wholly expect our people to behave in a way that reflects the national effort and the sacrifices made by our communities to control the spread of the virus. Those involved have apologised for their poor judgment. Our response to the matter will be concluded internally.”

This is the second time the Midlands club have had to deal with a COVID-19 breach this season.

In February, a number of players from the Leicester women’s team and some members of the development squad were disciplined for attending a party.

Yes. We lost. The blame for that should be put on those who decided a party was more important than their job.

They were left out, presumably, to show them that there are consequences for their actions that will be there for all to see. I'm glad it wasn't swept under the carpet because maybe we will see a reaction from them. If we fail to make the CL by 3 points then their transgressions won't be forgotten for a while. Good. They're ****s.

I think Rodgers is right. To build a winning team, you have to have a strong mentality. If you're more interested in playing strip snap with your wanky little mates than trying to reach the highest levels possible in your own game then how on earth can anyone trust that you'll step up when you're needed on a cold Tuesday in Burnley?

Perhaps the mentality of those that played today should also have been stronger, we should have had enough to win and the manager made mistakes. He should have known that we needed Alnrighton on much sooner. For that, he deserves criticism. For strong management and making a point to those selfish pricks who decided to **** over their team mates, he earns my plaudits.
Totally agree couldnt have put it better myself iam fuming god knows what the manager is really thinking

Should Maddison really be playing golf with his hip injury?
Yeah but he probably wanted to play golf and he does what he likes by the sound of it...

Yeah but he probably wanted to play golf and he does what he likes by the sound of it...

If he wasn't meant to be playing golf then we should give him some more time off work to play golf. That'll learn im.

Reading between the lines of a few twitter posts, maybe the punishment these players will be getting from their partners will be far worse than anything BR could mete out.

Lots of female company at the 'party' apparently. This may be why BR is refusing to name any of the players himself.

I'm not really sure why these players wouldn't be getting fines? I understand BR wants to try and keep some unity in the camp and perhaps the fines are very disruptive, but for players like Morgan and Barnes, what punishment have they had?

I hardly think there could be much complaint if they had all lost two weeks wages - presumably to a covid charity. Probably about half a million quid there.

Reading between the lines of a few twitter posts, maybe the punishment these players will be getting from their partners will be far worse than anything BR could mete out.

Lots of female company at the 'party' apparently. This may be why BR is refusing to name any of the players himself.
Post them up - I haven't seen anything like that myself and would like to make my own judgement.

Can’t get my head around the levels of ****yness required to do what these lads have done. Could cost us a CL place. Utter ****ing wankery.

Can’t get my head around the levels of ****yness required to do what these lads have done. Could cost us a CL place. Utter ****ing wankery.
Same here

Don't give a **** how good Madders is, he's potentially cost this club massively.

If we lose the CL spot by a small margin then I will never forget or forgive them.

In fact I'd go as far to say that I wouldn't give two ****s of we sold all of them.

Brain dead ****wittery of the highest order.

Same here

Don't give a **** how good Madders is, he's potentially cost this club massively.

If we lose the CL spot by a small margin then I will never forget or forgive them.

In fact I'd go as far to say that I wouldn't give two ****s of we sold all of them.

Brain dead ****wittery of the highest order.
Bunch of ****s. I was well up for Manchester ****y sacking several of their players for visiting sex workers during lockdown. **** this bunch. Cost this club a single point because you can’t respect the limits set on literally every single person in this country then you can **** off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566