Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bob speaks when true word is spoken....Unless that word is Fowler or JFH, wherein both of us had the egg...

I had "egg" over me from the idea of Fowler signing too... still maintain he would've been a good signing

I had "egg" over me from the idea of Fowler signing too... still maintain he would've been a good signing

Was it really egg?

still maintain he would've been a good signing

That egg is going to be there for a long time with silly thoughts like that.

Last edited:
This would be a very exciting signing for the club, but £3m? Forget it.

I'd pay £3m for him, partly because it's not my money to be bothered about, and partly because sometimes you have to pay over the odds to get a player who will do the job.

I'd pay £3m for him, partly because it's not my money to be bothered about, and partly because sometimes you have to pay over the odds to get a player who will do the job.

Did you think the same about akin-bad-buy? He had a good record in lower leagues too. We paid over the odds for him. He was shit. This guys had 1 1/2 seasons in a crap league.

I think we should sign him - but 3 million is far to much. We can get someone with Championship experience/and potential for that kind of dollar.

Did you think the same about akin-bad-buy? He had a good record in lower leagues too. We paid over the odds for him. He was shit. This guys had 1 1/2 seasons in a crap league.

I think we should sign him - but 3 million is far to much. We can get someone with Championship experience/and potential for that kind of dollar.

Ade would have been decent enough with a partner, playing on his own was never going to suit him.

After he left us his goal scoring at Burnly and Stoke wasn't bad at all.

edit: his overall goals is one every 3 games, which isn't too shabby

Last edited:
I think £2m is a bit over the odds but £3m is taking the piss. Still I hope we get him. I do feel having Mandaric in charge is a slight negative on occassions like this (if you can put it that way) because clubs will know we have a bit of money and look to slap more extortionate prices on their star players because they know we are able to pay those inflated fees. I hope we get him either we as I think this would be a great signing adding much needed quality competition upfront..

Also on a related note whilst reading the 606 Leicester boards I read that apparently we have got N'Guessan from Lincoln:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12874_5320625,00.html

He is noway worth 3millions absolute joke. He has had a one good season in League 1, before the start of the season if you ask mainly anyone on here "who is Simon Cox" and many people wouldn't of knew him. He has had a good season fairplay, but so has Fryatt. League 1 isn't that hard to score in for proffesionals as we all know as we have seen the shit defences all year. Don't get me wrong I want to see him sign but we shouldn't go over the top for him, 3million is a bit steep. You could get someone like Nathan Ellington for about 1million and he has scored goals in the Championship before. I hope to see Cox at Leicester but we shoudn't go over the top in my opinion.

Totally agree Harbro - the only problem will be WBA and their parachute payments, which may up the bidding.

Just put in the transfer rumours thread as well but ah well - east midlands today is claiming we hope to unveil him in the next few days.

Yeah, I agree Alex but if Swindon try and start a bidding war we should tell em to **** off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669