Coxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Uncle Connolly

how the **** can you have percentages such as 80 or 90% for how close to signing they are........for **** sake

I'd say he's talking about the negotiations e.g. the wages need to be sorted, contract length, possible further 'add ons', running the transfer through the appropriate 'footballing bodies' etc. etc. ?

Lako42

I'd say he's talking about the negotiations e.g. the wages need to be sorted, contract length, possible further 'add ons', running the transfer through the appropriate 'footballing bodies' etc. etc. ?

So what percentage would 'add ons' be assigned?

I would love a breakdown of the above.

indierich06

Just been on that FT thread, they're all pretty much jizzing their pants at this news and talking about how much ambition we're showing. Why? We've signed a player who's been about as good as Fryatt this season and some league 2 player who no-one ****ing knows!

They may be slightly more inspiring than Martin Allen's crop of weirdos and losers last time we were in the championship, but are they really worth getting excited over? They're both gambles as far as I'm concerned - and Cox could be a more expensive gamble than DJ by the sounds of things.

Still, I suppose I'll trust Big Nige for now...

Hammond (Ankle)

Just been on that FT thread, they're all pretty much jizzing their pants at this news and talking about how much ambition we're showing. Why? We've signed a player who's been about as good as Fryatt this season and some league 2 player who no-one ****ing knows!

They may be slightly more inspiring than Martin Allen's crop of weirdos and losers last time we were in the championship, but are they really worth getting excited over? They're both gambles as far as I'm concerned - and Cox could be a more expensive gamble than DJ by the sounds of things.

Still, I suppose I'll trust Big Nige for now...

Aren't they rather similar to Allen's signings in a way - a lot of money for a striker only truely proven at league one level and below (ie Cox = DJ) and a random Lincoln winger (ie what ever the french guys name = Jonathan Hayes)

But sod it, they are more exciting signings and there's nothing else to 'jizz about' until the start of next season for now anyway so i say wank away.

indierich06

Aren't they rather similar to Allen's signings in a way - a lot of money for a striker only truely proven at league one level and below (ie Cox = DJ) and a random Lincoln winger (ie what ever the french guys name = Jonathan Hayes)

But sod it, they are more exciting signings and there's nothing else to 'jizz about' until the start of next season for now anyway so i say wank away.

True, but Allen came up with some really random signings, such as Nielson, Kaebi and Hellings - they were far more ridiculous than these two lads we might be signing.

Mike - True Blue Tinter

Aren't they rather similar to Allen's signings in a way - a lot of money for a striker only truely proven at league one level and below (ie Cox = DJ)

Physically Cox is a Fryatt clone.

Who is going to be the clone for Howard?

This season we have made do without Fryatt if necessary, but gone to pieces if Howard was suspended/injured/sick.

Hammond (Ankle)

True, but Allen came up with some really random signings, such as Nielson, Kaebi and Hellings - they were far more ridiculous than these two lads we might be signing.

Expect Shaka Hislop, Ashkan Dejagah (Hertha BSC) and Daley Blind to sign in the next 48 hours! (That is if Martin Allen hasn't been looking in on this thread.)

Mike - True Blue Tinter

I may be wrong but isn't cox quite well built and a bit more physical than fryatt.

I think they more or less the same height and weight.

I suppose if Cox does not have his 11 stone distributed in exactly the same places as Fryatt has his ... !

Profondo Rosso

I think they more or less the same height and weight.

I suppose if Cox does not have his 11 stone distributed in exactly the same places as Fryatt has his ... !

Well, theres a difference between muscle and fat, Fryatt has always looked a bit podgy for a professional sportsman.

alex

We have our very own 'Cox in the Box' Homer, but then that's nothing new to you is it dear?

Uncle Connolly

So what percentage would 'add ons' be assigned?

I would love a breakdown of the above.

I was just saying how it's perfectly possible for a transfer of a player to be '80%' or '90%' complete.

I can't give you your 'break down' as I'm not involved in the negotiations and I have never practiced contract law.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669