Creative Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't own or have never owned an iPod or a Zen, but I have used both before.

The iPod is easier to navigate, but uploading songs is easier on the Zen.

Id love to know how uploading songs is easier than plugging your ipod in to the USB socket :confused:

I can't see what benefits the iPod has over it apart from it being slightly thinner.
The zen has better specs & supports more formats than the iPod.

All the Zen products look like the sort of thing they would have on sale at Tandy.

I sold my 20GB Ipod to buy a Creative Zen Sleek last year. It is slightly uglier and thicker but the battery life is much better and, more importantly, it is immensely more durable, I have dropped it a number of occasions and it has a dent on the corner but still works perfectly.

The zen seems to be much better made technically, it has only crashed twice compared to the countless times my Ipod crashed!

It also features an FM Radio, although this only works well in cities, as well as other features like microphone and a "DJ" who will select an album of the day or shuffle all your songs among others.

The only fault I can really find is that becuase I used to have an Ipod, I had ripped all of my CDs using itunes, which automatically converted the music files to a different format. This meant I had to rip all of my CDs again in the inferior Creative software. But I think that if you use Windows Media Player already you can simply plug in the zen and choose an option which is something like "transfer all files from windows media library onto zen"!

Overall I would highly reccomend getting a Creative Zen over an Ipod, after owning both products the Zen is surely the way to go. :038:

I sold my 20GB Ipod to buy a Creative Zen Sleek last year. It is slightly uglier and thicker but the battery life is much better and, more importantly, it is immensely more durable, I have dropped it a number of occasions and it has a dent on the corner but still works perfectly.

The zen seems to be much better made technically, it has only crashed twice compared to the countless times my Ipod crashed!

It also features an FM Radio, although this only works well in cities, as well as other features like microphone and a "DJ" who will select an album of the day or shuffle all your songs among others.

The only fault I can really find is that becuase I used to have an Ipod, I had ripped all of my CDs using itunes, which automatically converted the music files to a different format. This meant I had to rip all of my CDs again in the inferior Creative software. But I think that if you use Windows Media Player already you can simply plug in the zen and choose an option which is something like "transfer all files from windows media library onto zen"!

Overall I would highly reccomend getting a Creative Zen over an Ipod, after owning both products the Zen is surely the way to go. :038:

good stuff joe, do you have to use the creative software to transfer files or will it just show up as a removeable drive when you connect it to the PC?

Yes, it can be used as a removable disk to transfer files as well as the software or wmp.

Last edited:
im getting a new iPod for christmas after mine has broke (mainly due to the fact i dropped it!)-iPod and itunes are ridiculously easy to use-you either let it put the songs on for you automatically or drag and drop! plus iPods support mp3, aac, wav, aiff and theres also apple lossless and any track that is in wma can be converted in aac format using itunes-wheres the problem??????????

I use an old Zen, and it has never let me down, and has been said before it is durable. BTW, did you see Apple came to an out of court settlement with Zen a couple of months back, as the Apple ripped off a lot of the features from Zen, Zen were first on the market, but didn't have the marketing oomph that Apple have.

im getting a new iPod for christmas after mine has broke (mainly due to the fact i dropped it!)-iPod and itunes are ridiculously easy to use-you either let it put the songs on for you automatically or drag and drop! plus iPods support mp3, aac, wav, aiff and theres also apple lossless and any track that is in wma can be converted in aac format using itunes-wheres the problem??????????
  • your iPod is unusable after you dropped it
  • it's limited in the formats that it can handle
  • I'd feel like a sheep with those wanky white earphones

All the cool kids have Zens :icon_wink :icon_lol:

I don't think Zen was very creative at all

The decision to play Rooney up front on his own meant that any real creativity was stifled completely

I'm glad he's gone for good

I don't think Zen was very creative at all

The decision to play Rooney up front on his own meant that any real creativity was stifled completely

I'm glad he's gone for good

That is really bad, far worse the a MK joke :018: :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673