Creative Zen

Status
Not open for further replies.
How cruel

I was just trying to join in with your thread

And I don;t have a feckin' clue what you are all talking about

Now where's my Sony Walkman.............?

How cruel

I was just trying to join in with your thread

And I don;t have a feckin' clue what you are all talking about

Now where's my Sony Walkman.............?

Is that an Sony mp3 Walkman or a Sony Walkman mobile phone?:102:

c60's were crap, you needed at least a c90 to get a LP onto each side.
Not really, Bryan Adams Reckless was one of my shortest albums, and that was 47 minutes and couldn't get it all on one side.

I found 60's more practical for albums as you could break it down to 30 each way. Not many albums over an hour back then. 90's were too large usually resulting in only 1 or 2 songs on the b side

Not really, Bryan Adams Reckless was one of my shortest albums, and that was 47 minutes and couldn't get it all on one side.

I found 60's more practical for albums as you could break it down to 30 each way. Not many albums over an hour back then. 90's were too large usually resulting in only 1 or 2 songs on the b side

You couldn't put more than around 45 minutes of music on an LP record without reducing the quality of the sound, so in most cases you could fit a whole LP on one side of a C90.
It was only whan CDs became popular that albums became longer. Having said that I've bought a couple of CDs this year that are less than 40 minutes long.

• your iPod is unusable after you dropped it
  • it's limited in the formats that it can handle
  • I'd feel like a sheep with those wanky white earphones
It became unsuitable for more reasons then the fact i dropped it-its lasted two years and i could have had it fixed-but this would have cost a bomb as its not under warranty

what other formats then are so essential which you cannot play or convert?

i dont use those wanky white earphones!

fair enough but surely you could avoid that problem by using itunes (tin hat)

What you can do with Napster and some of the others is pay a flat fee per month (around a tenner), which allows you to download an unlimited number of songs - but the licensing works in such a way that once you stop paying the downloaded tracks no longer work, so rather than paying to 'buy' the tracks you're effectively renting them.
As far as I know you can't do this with itunes.

What you can do with Napster and some of the others is pay a flat fee per month (around a tenner), which allows you to download an unlimited number of songs - but the licensing works in such a way that once you stop paying the downloaded tracks no longer work, so rather than paying to 'buy' the tracks you're effectively renting them.
As far as I know you can't do this with itunes.
why would you want to do that-why not just download a track and own it???????? ok you can download hundred per month and get real value for money but is it really worth it in the long run?

why would you want to do that-why not just download a track and own it???????? ok you can download hundred per month and get real value for money but is it really worth it in the long run?

Do you ever rent DVDs?
Do you ever get a book out of the library?

This is only the same but for music.
It doesn't suit everyone, but if you're in the habit of buying a lot of music that you listen to for a few weeks and then get bored of it a subscription service will probably work out cheaper.

Last edited:
I've got a Zen Microphoto - I think it's 8Mb - great piece of kit.. would never leave home without it and it hasn't gone wrong yet either...

Do you ever rent DVDs?
Do you ever get a book out of the library?

It doesn't suit everyone, but if you're in the habit of buying a lot of music that you listen to for a few weeks and then get bored of it a subscription service will probably work out cheaper.

Am I being dumb here but what if you just burnt the music to cd? surely then napster have no control over it or does it have some kind of encryption to prevent that?

Am I being dumb here but what if you just burnt the music to cd? surely then napster have no control over it or does it have some kind of encryption to prevent that?

The files are protected, they can only be played by a player that can validate your license, so CD burning software can't open the files to convert them to CD format.

The only way to break the protection on the files is to copy it the old fashioned way - by playing the track and recording it as you play it. You can do this using sound recorder software on your PC - but obviously it takes a lot longer than just copying files.

Do you ever rent DVDs? Nope
Do you ever get a book out of the library? only for uni work

It doesn't suit everyone, but if you're in the habit of buying a lot of music that you listen to for a few weeks and then get bored of it a subscription service will probably work out cheaperno point in my opinion-if i download i track i want to be able to listen to it without having to constantly pay a subscription charge, and burn it to a cd if i like

Lot of people think Napster is on borrowed time, this is from Variety a couple of weeks ago:

Digital musicstore added virtually no subscribers in quarter
By BEN FRITZ
Napster continued its slow progress toward profitability last quarter as revenue rose 9% to $23.4 million and net loss fell 34% to $9 million.
Digital musicstore added virtually no subscribers in the quarter, moving from just 512,000 as of June 30 to 518,000 as of Sept. 30. It has been trying to generate some new marketing revenue by offering song streams online for free, surrounded by ads.

In September, Napster retained investment bank UBS to explore a potential sale of the struggling company.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669