Credit Crunch

Status
Not open for further replies.
11 people being made redundant at my place. Find out tomorrow who. Fingers crossed I'm not one of them .

Fingers crossed as well from me. :icon_conf
fingerscrossed.gif

11 people being made redundant at my place. Find out tomorrow who. Fingers crossed I'm not one of them .

Its a horrible feeling going into work knowing that. Happened to me numerous times when i was at an engineering company. I survived quite a few redundancies until they finally caught up with me.

Good luck anyway:)

you dont ****ing say !!!!!

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/business/economics/article5571667.ece

The UK is expected to enter a recession officially today with the release of figures that are forecast to show that the British economy shrank by at least 1.2 per cent in the fourth quarter of 2008.

The decline would follow a 0.6 per cent contraction in Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the third quarter and put Britain into a technical recession, defined as two consecutive quarters of negative growth.

A 1.2 per cent decline in fourth-quarter GDP would be the biggest contraction since the third quarter of 1990. However, some experts believe national output could have shrunk by 1.3 per cent or more, marking the biggest contraction in 28 years.

Today’s GDP figures are likely to mean that Britain joins the US, Japan and Germany, which have already entered recession

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  513
2Liverpool512
3Aston Villa512
4Arsenal511
5Chelsea510
6Newcastle510
7Brighton59
8Nottm F59
9Fulham58