Crewe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that DJ gets another chance tonight. The argument that seems to be made for Howard is that, when the defense is under pressure, they can hoof the ball to Howard, who holds it up until we can mount an attack.
I would expect that, tonight, we will be more concerned about breaking down a packed Crewe defense and that speed will be of more value.

Out of interest does anybody know how many times DJ was ACTUALLY offside on Saturday?

Having just seen the extended highlights it looked like DJ did O.K . Granted I wasn't at scunny, so i'm not in a position to argue with those that went, but I think he will offer more to us as a team (once he gets a run) than that usless lump Frankie, whom if he carries on playing the way he has, we won't be able to give him away. I think it's fair to say I feel he's over rated and over played!

I seen the benefit of City having a mobile runner on Saturday, it gave us some balance and we restricted the hoof with attempted through balls. I also seen the benefit of Berner playing and how it appears to free up Oakley for more attacking work.

I'd be tempted not to change the eleven and that's coming for a fan of Howard.

I seen the benefit of City having a mobile runner on Saturday, it gave us some balance and we restricted the hoof with attempted through balls. I also seen the benefit of Berner playing and how it appears to free up Oakley for more attacking work.

I'd be tempted not to change the eleven and that's coming for a fan of Howard.

I agree

We might not have played well against Scunthorpe, but it was against a top of the league team away from home.

IMO Pearson should stick with the same eleven.

1-0 City - Berner

i am going for a 5-0 win, Tunchev, DJ x2, fryatt(peno) and Oakley

if Howard plays i am going for a 2-0 win to leicester Dyer and fryatt with the goals

0-0

Struggle to break down eleven men behind the ball. Everyone then moans for the next two weeks!

Last edited:
i am going for a 5-0 win, Tunchev, DJ x2, fryatt(peno) and Oakley

if Howard plays i am going for a 2-0 win to leicester Dyer and fryatt with the goals
Not like you to go for a convincing win...

Last edited:
Last time we scored 5 Stan Collymore got a hat trick :icon_wink A convincing 2-0 win will do tonight.

Anderson says:

"He (Pearson) has a tough decision as to whether to restore Steve Howard alongside Matty Fryatt, in a combination which has worked well, or stick with DJ Campbell who did his claims no harm at Scunthorpe. And it would be hard to drop anyone after that match."

Did I go to the wrong ground on Saturday?

I hope that DJ gets another chance tonight. The argument that seems to be made for Howard is that, when the defense is under pressure, they can hoof the ball to Howard, who holds it up until we can mount an attack.
I would expect that, tonight, we will be more concerned about breaking down a packed Crewe defense and that speed will be of more value.

A player with pace like him is good when you're playing on the break, or when a team is defending high up the pitch and you use his pace to get beyond the defenders. But not so useful when you're playing against a team that is likely to come to defend, and defend deep.
So for that reason I would expect Howard to start, and hope the wide men can give him plenty of crosses.
If we take the lead and Crewe need to be a bit more adventurous DJ could then come on to take advantage of the space that's created.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669