crime website

Status
Not open for further replies.
Markfield, where I live currently - 21, mostly Antisocial.
B Leys where I lived previous - 308

I'm moving up in the world!

There was a 'Drunk & Disorderly' in my neighbourhood the other week.

The thing is, I wasn't that disorderly, honest.

Last edited:
On or near my street = 1 vehicle related (was aware of that one) and one anti social. Shocked it's that low really.

What is the point of this site?
It's either a scaremongering tool or it's to be used as a score chart for criminal types to outdo each other, so now they can compete nationally. With an official leaderboard.

Actually... No, I don't know.

It's either a scaremongering tool or it's to be used as a score chart for criminal types to outdo each other, so now they can compete nationally. With an official leaderboard.

Actually... No, I don't know.

Glad to see I'm not alone in thinking that, they pretty much match my first attempts at trying to figure out its purpose

Last edited:
Or an investment in scaremongering to secure more funding.

or a load of old New Labour bollocks about "the digital age" because they've all been on wanky Media Studies degrees

it must have cost a bloody fortune

i can see its value if it cost less than one police officer...it probably cost millions

....and an ongoing cost.

Having said that, they can employ as many policemen (sorry - police people) as they like and things won't improve a lot - half of them are rubbish.

Society needs to police itself better, raise its own standards, cut the hypocrisy and start to all have a bit of respect for each other, for each other's property, for nature and for the law.

or a load of old New Labour bollocks about "the digital age" because they've all been on wanky Media Studies degrees

it must have cost a bloody fortune

i can see its value if it cost less than one police officer...it probably cost millions

Yep, I'd say there's a huge dollop of that involved as well

....and an ongoing cost.

Having said that, they can employ as many policemen (sorry - police people) as they like and things won't improve a lot - half of them are rubbish.

I disagree slightly, it's a lot more than half of them. Most cops are the kids that got bullied at school and desperately looking for a way to get a little bit of power as a way to get their own back on society. The rest of them are suffering the psychological effects of having minute genitalia.

Society needs to police itself better, raise its own standards, cut the hypocrisy and start to all have a bit of respect for each other, for each other's property, for nature and for the law.

Couldn't agree more :038:

Agree fully with you.

But it isn't going to happen whilst we are such a selfish society.

I thought it would be an interesting tool to see the crime statistics for an area you were interested in moving into? Maybe I am naive, I seem to be in a minority of a few that don't think all cops are evil.

It is a tool which could be used in an attempt to create a safer and fairer society.

I thought it was fun - and would use it prior to buying a different property as an indicator of insurance premiums.

How so?

It could also directly affect insurance premiums

Raising an awareness through a community resulting in a greater bond of cooperation and mutual support.

How will it raise premiums?

Sent using Tapatalk

Raising an awareness through a community resulting in a greater bond of cooperation and mutual support.

Awareness of what? Most people are already aware of crime in their area.

How will it raise premiums?

By insurance companies using skewed stats to justify raising premiums.

Not sent using TippityTappityTalk

Awareness of what? Most people are already aware of crime in their area.

If you say so, I don't agree. People often have a perception which is unsupported by fact - you only need to look at the rank idiocy which is rife in forum posts.

Local residents believe that where I live is a hotbed of crime and blame the occupants of social housing in one road. The evidence is that what little crime there is, it is focussed in the most affluent part of the village.

In my experience, most people are very dim, blinkered and insular. Even it areas of high crime this could be the thing which acts as a catalyst to wake them into communal action.

Sure it might fail, but £300k isn't a large amount in the grand scheme of things - especially if it works.

By insurance companies using skewed stats to justify raising premiums.

...but they already used this data in order to calculate premiums which is why my car insurance is now less than 1/5 of what it was when we lived in Birmingham.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673