Crystal Palace 0 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
A very very good result. Many other results seemed to be favourable.

Bring on Sunday!!!

I'm not joining in with the overboard praise of Pearson as I agree with GazLCFC that sometimes he gets it wrong when we are loosing, but we have ground out some great results recently and he is doing a fantastic job. Could have gone tits up after Shef Weds but he has managed us 2 big wins.

Got some tricky games coming up but it's starting to look very good indeed.

With what happened to Cardiff last season glad they got a result last night. I don't want to see Sheff Utd sneeking in to the mix.

Last edited:
To the tune of 'Your Own Personal Jesus?' :102:

I was thinking "deck the halls with boughs of holly".

Bruno Berner is our Jesus, tralalalala la laa la laa!

I have an MP3 of a stupid American singing Deck The Halls to the tune of Depeche Mode's Personal Jesus. Maybe we could compromise and use that?

I echo all of the sentiments here. I said to a friend in Ireland that is a geordie fan that we will come strong towards the run in and touch wood, thus far we're looking good. I really wouldn't fear any of the other play off candidates as on our day i think we are a match for anybody, and fortunately we really do have a good manager that makes us play to our potential week in week out.

I don't want to go down the MON road but Pearson in his own right is proving how good he is, He makes me proud to be a leicester fan when i see him interviewed. No nonsense, just doing his job. I really hope we do it this year as back to back promotions would be as good as any league cup we've won.

Up the City!!!

Got in from a 13 hour day at work, so only just seen the result a while ago

Quality stuff. 4th in the league, amazing! What a great season.... just keep going lads!

oooer, we didn't sing much second half, fair play to their hardcore of about 20 who just decided to sing whatever

and...Weale, he was magnificent, my MOTM

City absolutely mullered ten men at the start of the second half, but the goal seemed to scare them back into mediocrity...

what the hell was the sending off for???

Next time we play that lot i'm going to insist we don't go back to our mates afterwards, it was after 2am when I got in!

Again it was another very professional performance(apart from the last 15 or so minutes when we faffed around with it far too much for my liking!)

That Davies bloke elbowed Morrison whilst the ball was in play, lino seen it and imo the ref bottled it by not giving us the penalty, I knew he hadn't by the way our lads were crowded round him I guess to get him to explain why we hadn't got the spot kick.

Deserved red as well, not just cos it was an elbow, but everytime we had a set peice and Morrison was up for it, that twat was shirtpulling and shoving him all over the place, just before he got sent off he almost had Mozzers shirt off his back, which made our lads turn round and push him backwards.

Oakley was damn unlucky with his shot and Gally should've done loads better when presented with a great chance to score.

Second half we started as we finished the first, and got our rewards, a good ball into the box from Oakley, ended up at Waggy's feet who saw the keeper make a great save from his shot, but he coudn't do feck all about Berners follow up.

After that, we started to go a bit more defensive and seemed to prefer to build it up SLOWLY from the back, passing it amongst them instead of putting the pressure on more, it made me and most other fans very nervous, cos playing like invites the oppo to get at you more, and tbh the last 15/20 mins it didn't look like we were playing against 10 men cos of how we were playing.

Anyhoo we won WHOOP!
Forest and Cov lost WHOOP!
Our march on 2nd spot continues!

Just got back, one of the strangest matches I have seen for a long time. We simply could not have played much better for an hour, Solano, Hobbs and Wellens were all magnificent and Oakley looked quality too - then for the last part we simply started to waste possession and look nervous, drop deep and Palace went for it.

I noticed NP go absolutely mental when N'Guessan decided to try and set up Wellens for a chance on goal at 91 mins, as opposed to running the clock down and I felt that a bit more experience in the last ten minutes would have helped - just keep the ball Leicester. This was clearly felt from the blue army who were largely silent until the final whistle, such was our nerves.

The nerves were there because three points today is huge. We are now 8 points clear in the play offs with a game in hand, which if we win takes us a point behind Florist. Someone pinch me, but the last time we played a league game at Shithouse Park we were just such a different team in every way, I believe we drew 2-2 and Porter was one of our better players in Martin Adams new look side.

Credit to Pearson, we have a chance at a crack at the Premiership; with a very good team. Tonight for an hour it was men against boys, and for me Solano and Hobbs by far the best players on the park - with Wellens a close third.

Strange that LCFC fans let off a RED flare and also strange that the Palace fans were so excitable throughout. They look a team in real trouble.

From one of the LCFC fans twitter groups last night before the game -

@Alexikokopops

Oh Lord, Jamie has a flare. Tonight is going to be obscene

Next time we play that lot i'm going to insist we don't go back to our mates afterwards, it was after 2am when I got in!

Again it was another very professional performance(apart from the last 15 or so minutes when we faffed around with it far too much for my liking!)

That Davies bloke elbowed Morrison whilst the ball was in play, lino seen it and imo the ref bottled it by not giving us the penalty, I knew he hadn't by the way our lads were crowded round him I guess to get him to explain why we hadn't got the spot kick.

Deserved red as well, not just cos it was an elbow, but everytime we had a set peice and Morrison was up for it, that twat was shirtpulling and shoving him all over the place, just before he got sent off he almost had Mozzers shirt off his back, which made our lads turn round and push him backwards.

Oakley was damn unlucky with his shot and Gally should've done loads better when presented with a great chance to score.

Second half we started as we finished the first, and got our rewards, a good ball into the box from Oakley, ended up at Waggy's feet who saw the keeper make a great save from his shot, but he coudn't do feck all about Berners follow up.

After that, we started to go a bit more defensive and seemed to prefer to build it up SLOWLY from the back, passing it amongst them instead of putting the pressure on more, it made me and most other fans very nervous, cos playing like invites the oppo to get at you more, and tbh the last 15/20 mins it didn't look like we were playing against 10 men cos of how we were playing.

Anyhoo we won WHOOP!
Forest and Cov lost WHOOP!
Our march on 2nd spot continues!

Like I mentioned post Cardiff, Wellens said the older pros know to sit back and cover the defence towards the end of games to conserve energy for all the games coming up, maybe their instruction was to do this once we went ahead. I wasn't listening, but when we sat back did they really worry the goal often? Maybe they have enough confidence in their defending to hold it for 20 minutes at the minutes?

Like I mentioned post Cardiff, Wellens said the older pros know to sit back and cover the defence towards the end of games to conserve energy for all the games coming up, maybe their instruction was to do this once we went ahead. I wasn't listening, but when we sat back did they really worry the goal often? Maybe they have enough confidence in their defending to hold it for 20 minutes at the minutes?

Wellens looked knackered to me, he took a knock early on and spent half the game with his hands on his hips

and yeah...er, red flare, what are we, the Ultras?

I don't think I could be happier as a City fan atm.

A nice, big thrashing of the inbreds on tv on Sunday may make me reconsider though.

How about played 36, won 36 goals for 92435 goals against 0?

Good Win for Foxes, Still up in Play-offs with a outside chance of clinching 2nd place, Time to focus and move on to the next game which is also a difficult one.

How come Vaughan wasn't even on the bench? Also, how did Nobby play? That was his first full 90 mins was it not?

From one of the LCFC fans twitter groups last night before the game -

@Alexikokopops

Oh Lord, Jamie has a flare. Tonight is going to be obscene

Anything on flickr or youtube? Is there a facebook group about this that I can join?

We are now in the play offs as far as I am concerned!

They couldn't **** this up could they?

We are now in the play offs as far as I am concerned!

Well, that's okay then!

Hope the players and management don't think the same.

There are still 30 points (27 for some) to be played for:icon_conf.

I will admit it is looking good, but by no means a certainty. I don't think anyone has got into the playoffs on 60 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669