Post Match Crystal Palace 0 Leicester 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not celebrating properly until I’ve seen the xg score for today’s game

Palace xG 0.44 - City xG 0.98

Suggests that again we took our chances very well. Soyuncu (0.10 ) and Vardy's (0.12) goals were not rated as clear cut opportunities.

The player that had double the number of shots on goal as any other player on the pitch? Jonny Evans.

We had nine different players have minor chances on goal through the game.

Soyuncu's was more of a clear cut chance than Vardy's. Had vardy missed it's excusable with players in front. Cags really shouldnt do anything other than score. It's almost as if it's a load of bollocks....

Palace xG 0.44 - City xG 0.98

Suggests that again we took our chances very well. Soyuncu (0.10 ) and Vardy's (0.12) goals were not rated as clear cut opportunities.

The player that had double the number of shots on goal as any other player on the pitch? Jonny Evans.

We had nine different players have minor chances on goal through the game.
How can Soyuncu’s goal be 0.10? He was 5 yards out, in the middle of the goal and unmarked?

How can Soyuncu’s goal be 0.10? He was 5 yards out, in the middle of the goal and unmarked?

Yeah, I know.

The calculations are based on what happened from a database of real chances - circa 300,000. The following are all incorporated into the calculation:

– Passage of play (open play, direct free kick, set play, corner kick, assisted, throw-in)
– Assist type (long ball, cross, through ball, danger-zone pass, pull-back)
– Post-Take–on
– Rebound
– Header
– Distance to goal
– Visible angle of the goal
– 1 v 1
– Big chance
– Competition adjustments for a subset of competitions

We got to this points total in our last game before Xmas last year (the win at Chelsea) - game 18.

We got there in game 16 the year before and game 26(!) in the season before - on the 27th Feb.

In our title winning year, we got there in game 12.

Yeah, I know.

The calculations are based on what happened from a database of real chances - circa 300,000. The following are all incorporated into the calculation:

– Passage of play (open play, direct free kick, set play, corner kick, assisted, throw-in)
– Assist type (long ball, cross, through ball, danger-zone pass, pull-back)
– Post-Take–on
– Rebound
– Header
– Distance to goal
– Visible angle of the goal
– 1 v 1
– Big chance
– Competition adjustments for a subset of competitions
It’s just total bullshit. I get that “people” like it, but it’s just not representative of the actual game.

As I’ve said before, I’ve got 2 A Levels and a degree in maths, mostly stats based, so I’m not averse to the use of stats, but that’s just a crock of shit and unfortunately shows it up for the uselessness that some read into it.

I thought Soyuncu did fantastically well to take his chance. He had to readjust and stoop low to get the header on target.
Completely agree, that’s not an easy chance at all, especially considering he must have seen the altitude of it right at the last second. It’s a top quality header.
Just made me laugh that Farquaad had to head from low for his first goal. You couldn’t write it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669