Crystal Palace 3 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
With only 45 games to go, I'm worried we don't have much time to turn it around.
:081::081:

I forgot to say earlier that Leicester fans are, on the whole, the most fickle, impatient bunch of utter wankers I've ever come across.

If you are one of those knobs who booed your own players today, you can go and **** yourself.

Seriously, why do people like that even bother?

I forgot to say earlier that Leicester fans are, on the whole, the most fickle, impatient bunch of utter wankers I've ever come across.

If you are one of those knobs who booed your own players today, you can go and **** yourself.

I would boo AN OTHER but only after the match, even if he did score.

:038::038::038::038::038:

bcuz their real lestoh fans innit :icon_conf

Some super contradictions about our passing game on show today. Truly magnificent from one fella on the bus at 11.20am 'can't wait to see get rid of this hoofball' and at 5.17pm 'was the goalie and defence scared to launch it?'.

As in the Sunderland game,our defence has all of a sudden looked shaky.

With Pearson, Kingy,Wellens and Oakley played a more defensive midfield role.

Now with Kingy pushed up,no Wellens..and Oakley playing just in the front of the four,i think we have left ourselves exposed.

Sunderland played right through us,and with the 2 centre backs +Oakley not being over quick,there nippy strikers left us for dead especially Morrison who looks all at sea.

Jack Hobbs for one so young really does not need this pressure on him.

I think N'Guessan should be dropped for Wellens,Moreno will come in for Oakley and Morrison replacing Neilson at right back, Vitor will come in and partner Hobbs.

That will gives us more balance + we still have the strike force going forward.

Well at least it's good to see all the poo talk and omnibus antics have drifted into the ether.

I don't buy into this philosphy that we have suddenly become a poor defensive side all of a sudden. We are playing a far more adventurous and open brand of football, last season we played a more rigid defensive formation and style.

Also last season we didn't exactly look infaliable at the back, Forest, Bristol City, WBA, Watford all showed we could concede. Also Reading and QPR away we could and should have conceded a bagful but for poor finishing. Cardiff in both legs of the play off semi ripped us open at will.

Hobb and Morrison very rarely played together as a central defensive partnership last season, which shows that he had faith in his two youngsters as a partnership and Hobbs doesn't look anywhere near as confident or steady when not playing alongside someone like Brown or Tunchev.

I am confident that Sousa will sort it out and more importantly his progressive style of football will take the club forward.

its certainly a long time since we have even attempted to play "an adventerous style of football" probably not in most forum readers lifetime, theres not many of us remember, or witnessed the "jimmy bloomfield era"

its certainly a long time since we have even attempted to play "an adventerous style of football" probably not in most forum readers lifetime, theres not many of us remember, or witnessed the "jimmy bloomfield era"

We did have better quality players back then. :)

I remember seeing us against Swansea on the first game of last season and thinking that they looked like relegation material. Obviously they improved or else they wouldn't have finished 7th.
You're bound to have doubts when you're 3-0 down at half time but we shouldn't panic yet.

In theory the Fryatt-Campbell partnership ought to work. In practice I get wonder whether when one plays well the other plays badly. Both seem mentally a bit fragile. In the Season Of Four Managers Fryatt never seemed to recover from Martin Allen humiliating him. When Pearson firmly chose him ahead of DJ he flourished. Paulo has boosted DJ and apparently it has worked. Maybe he needs to boost both of them.

Have to agree with this, I'm a bit worried about Fryatt. We all know he needs an arm around the shoulder and special treatment to boost his confidence. DJ seems to be Paulo's chosen striker which is all well and good until he has a bad run of form or decides to be a twat again.

Fryatt is a professional footballer, earning a nice amount of cash and cannot expect to be molly-coddled all the time. Its up to him to show his worth on the pitch.

Fryatt is a professional footballer, earning a nice amount of cash and cannot expect to be molly-coddled all the time. Its up to him to show his worth on the pitch.
True. What he can reasonably expect, however, is not to be booed off by his own fans on day one of a new season.

True. What he can reasonably expect, however, is not to be booed off by his own fans on day one of a new season.

A few seasons ago, I would have agreed with you but, it is the players who have broken the link with the fans, not the other way around. If players are motivated purely by the shekel, then why do the fans need to display loyalty? Fryatt's performance was below par, his paymasters expressed their views.

A few seasons ago, I would have agreed with you but, it is the players who have broken the link with the fans, not the other way around. If players are motivated purely by the shekel, then why do the fans need to display loyalty? Fryatt's performance was below par, his paymasters expressed their views.
I find it's almost invariably people who I've never seen before who do the loudest booing. These are the people who turn up to a handful of games a season and throw their toys out of the pram if they don't get something equivalent to the 2005 Champions League final every time.

But that's besides the point. Why should a player show any loyalty to a club? A footballer's career is perhaps 20 years, 25 at most, and that's assuming he's reasonably successful, constantly employed and injury-free. A lot of players are dumped by clubs at 14/15/16 years old, on the scrapheap before they've left school. The small percentage who do make it in the professional game quite rightly try to squeeze what they can out of the game in what they know will be a short time. Why should players show loyalty to clubs who could (and would) sell or release them should it suit them to do so? Players are mercenaries precisely because that's what they have to be. We must live with it whether we like it or not.

While I agree in principal, it's hardly a strange trait amongst footballers and if a bit of extra coddling makes the difference between 20 goals and 5 what's the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669