Crystal Palace 3 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Booing only helps the team you're playing. I have never and will never boo.

Fully agree with MM those booing should have stayed in the pub.

my thoughts after listening to RL game commentary and after match phone in: -

allan young is probably the best ex player I've heard on RL for match commentary/analysis,
Stringer is still a twat,
3 - 0 down at halftime, going by some that went to more games than i did last season, we've been very lucky that this hasn't happened more than once before,
Enough chance were created to give me optimism for this season,
we do have some absolutely arseholes for so called fans,
bring on the boro.

Apologies for my being thick, but which MM is this?

I realise there have been some facetious answers but I am guessing that this is a serious question.

If my memory serves me Milan Mandaric made the comment after a Forest game. He was annoyed at the reaction when the Forest fans jeered Gary Megson. Instead of supporting Megson the Leicester fans chanted for Martin Allen. The sacking of Martin Allen was a sensitive issue at the time because for legal reasons he was unable to explain it.

I realise there have been some facetious answers but I am guessing that this is a serious question.

If my memory serves me Milan Mandaric made the comment after a Forest game. He was annoyed at the reaction when the Forest fans jeered Gary Megson. Instead of supporting Megson the Leicester fans chanted for Martin Allen. The sacking of Martin Allen was a sensitive issue at the time because for legal reasons he was unable to explain it.
This was my thinking. He was spot on. I was embarrassed to be in the away end that night.

The team should be kitted out with radio-mics and given training to deliver come-backs.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtjx-yplqTw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Positives ? Negatives ?

Yes, we are all disappointed. But do we concentrate on a dire 1st half where we were awful under a new manager ? Or do we look at the 2nd half where we totally outplayed them ?

The very fact that we came out 2nd half and destroyed them should give us encouragement. Too little too late to get anything from the game but the 2nd half should show us what we are capable of and also give us encouragement that the manager is capable of changing tactics to enable us to play a different game.

If the season started at 4pm Saturday we would all be over the moon with an exciting victory and a joint top position. Unfortunately the season started at 3pm and we lost.

This is a tough league where every team has a chance of promotion and relegation. This is why I love the Championship, nobody knows what will happen. I only wish we had a manager like Blackpool had last season to get us where we need/deserve to be.

Positives ? Negatives ?

Yes, we are all disappointed. But do we concentrate on a dire 1st half where we were awful under a new manager ? Or do we look at the 2nd half where we totally outplayed them ?

The very fact that we came out 2nd half and destroyed them should give us encouragement. Too little too late to get anything from the game but the 2nd half should show us what we are capable of and also give us encouragement that the manager is capable of changing tactics to enable us to play a different game.

If the season started at 4pm Saturday we would all be over the moon with an exciting victory and a joint top position. Unfortunately the season started at 3pm and we lost.

This is a tough league where every team has a chance of promotion and relegation. This is why I love the Championship, nobody knows what will happen. I only wish we had a manager like Blackpool had last season to get us where we need/deserve to be.

It started at 4pm here!! :icon_wink

Weale - 6. i know he let three in, but he didn't look too bad
Neilson - 7. kept waiting for him to mess it up, but he was making overlapping runs and everything
Morrison - 2 possibly the worst half of football i have ever seen a city centre half have... at fault for all three goals by my reckoning, all over the shop, unable to head or track a man. looked better in the second half because Palace stopped attacking, luckily
Hobbs - 5, ok but went all at sea when all of our defence did
Berner - 5. looked strong initially but made uncharacteristic errors
N'Guessan - 3 was he playing?
King - 6. same old King, fairly anonymous but scores :)
Oakley - 6. fairly good. tough as we bypassed midfield once Howard came on
Dyer - 9. excellent, beating men, crossing, linking up, bollocking others and giving a big "come one!" to the away end
Fryatt - 3 was he playing? oh yeah he was, he missed a sitter
Campbell - 7. lively and involved in most good things we did
Wellens - ? wasnt on long was he?
Howard - 8. did well, nice to have the Howard option. scared Palace

Weale - 6. i know he let three in, but he didn't look too bad
Neilson - 7. kept waiting for him to mess it up, but he was making overlapping runs and everything
Morrison - 2 possibly the worst half of football i have ever seen a city centre half have... at fault for all three goals by my reckoning, all over the shop, unable to head or track a man. looked better in the second half because Palace stopped attacking, luckily
Hobbs - 5, ok but went all at sea when all of our defence did
Berner - 5. looked strong initially but made uncharacteristic errors
N'Guessan - 3 was he playing?
King - 6. same old King, fairly anonymous but scores :)
Oakley - 6. fairly good. tough as we bypassed midfield once Howard came on
Dyer - 9. excellent, beating men, crossing, linking up, bollocking others and giving a big "come one!" to the away end
Fryatt - 3 was he playing? oh yeah he was, he missed a sitter
Campbell - 7. lively and involved in most good things we did
Wellens - ? wasnt on long was he?
Howard - 8. did well, nice to have the Howard option. scared Palace

Something not right is happening at the club, how can Neilson be playing better than Morrison? Very, very wrong! :icon_eek:

I only wish we had a manager like Blackpool had last season to get us where we need/deserve to be.

Realist, I used to think like you. It was clear that given a close season Holloway is a superb manager. When Milan sacked him I thought it was a silly knee-jerk reaction.

I now realise that this is not realism and Milan was right. In getting rid of Holloway and bringing in Pearson Milan got rid of a lot of baggage. Holloway certainly bore some responsibility for the relegation. There were simple minded fans who quite simply say he was the manager when we went down put all the blame on him. There were more thoughtful fans (I would guess Realist that you are one) who put the the blame on a whole number of problems including but not primarily Holloway.

As it happened Holloway took with him all the negative history like the biblical scapegoat leaving Pearson a clean sheet which he used well.

It is pointless to use Blackpool's success as evidence to try and convince that given a closed season Holloway is a good manager. It is like showing dinosaur bones to a Jehovahs Witness. It just does not get through.

It is clear that Blackpool will have an incredibly difficult job staying in the Premiership.Let us hope Paulo and Leicester do the double over Ollie in 2011-2012 and that the games are in the Prem.

It is pointless to use Blackpool's success as evidence to try and convince that given a closed season Holloway is a good manager. It is like showing dinosaur bones to a Jehovahs Witness. It just does not get through.
Interesting comparison. I'm of the belief that his experience at Leicester was what made Holloway a better (good?) manager. He'd certainly never displayed particular excellence in the job prior to coming here. In other words, Holloway used to be crap, but now he isn't, whereas dinosaurs have always been real :icon_wink

Saw the very brief highlights on EMT.
Shocking defending first half.
Outstanding pass from Howard to DJ for second goal.
Fryatt misses open goal from 2 yards away - again! What is up with the wazzock?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00