Crystal Palace 3 - 2 Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even though booing players is far from constructive, I have no problem with those who decided to boo their team after going 3 down against Palace. Had I arsed myself to get to this game it would have wasted a day of my life and upwards of £100. Had I wasted that amount of time and money I too would be rather ****ed off with their efforts. I am not the type of fan to boo players but if others feel the need to vent their anger in that way because our players couldn't concentrate on their job then fair play to them.

Positives:

* We can clearly create chances.
* Neilson/Campbell were better than last season.
* We're trying to play more entertaining football.

Negatives:

* Conceding 3 goals so early against mediocre opposition strongly suggests the players were not ready and confused.
* Fryatt/Hobbs seemed a shadow of themselves from the last two years.
* Weale proved yet again that since the Derby goal, he's lost the plot and inspires no confidence.

Overall:

Disappointed in Sousa after one months training and no new players to integrate. He didn't prepare the team properly at all.

He played two wingers away from home without organising a method of protecting the back four first. He made a couple of selections (Oakley instead of Wellens and Fryatt instead of Howard) that were totally contrary to form.

Palace were there for the taking 2nd half and the team were not fit enough to take advantage.

A few seasons ago, I would have agreed with you but, it is the players who have broken the link with the fans, not the other way around. If players are motivated purely by the shekel, then why do the fans need to display loyalty? Fryatt's performance was below par, his paymasters expressed their views.

Spot on. Players owe nothing to fans and vice versa. Loyalty is dead and fans weren't the ones to instigate it.

Whoever plays for City, I'll cheer/boo as it's merited. I've had no reason to boo 'em for a couple of years but based on yesterdays evidence, I reckon they'll be getting plenty this season.

Whoever plays for City, I'll cheer/boo as it's merited. I've had no reason to boo 'em for a couple of years but based on yesterdays evidence, I reckon they'll be getting plenty this season.
You're exactly what's wrong with Leicester fans in general.

its certainly a long time since we have even attempted to play "an adventerous style of football" probably not in most forum readers lifetime, theres not many of us remember, or witnessed the "jimmy bloomfield era"

What about the Gordon Milne team of the 1980s - Lineker, Lynex and Smith scoring 50 or so goals a season between them?

You're exactly what's wrong with Leicester fans in general.

Interesting statement. I'd say that people with your attitude is exactly what is wrong with City fans.

There are too many half-arsed, powder puff, 'don't criticise or they'll cry' mongies about for my liking.

Interesting statement. I'd say that people with your attitude is exactly what is wrong with City fans.

There are too many half-arsed, powder puff, 'don't criticise or they'll cry' mongies about for my liking.
Nobody's saying players don't deserve criticism. Hell, they get paid a lot of money - our money - to do something they love and allegedly are good at. But I wouldn't be surprised if I found out you were one of those who took it upon themselves to direct such disgusting abuse at young Ryan McGivern after he made a couple of errors. There's a difference between criticism and abuse.

... abuse at young Ryan McGivern after he made a couple of errors. There's a difference between criticism and abuse.

One of the few truly dispiriting memories of a fantastic last season. For all his shortcomings, Ryan never hid when things got tough, and certainly didn't deserve the chanting of Bruno's name etc that met his appearances at the sharp end of the season (Reading at home for example), when you'd have thought "getting behind the team" was the minimum expected of the crowd.

IMO in the last 10 years this has become a permanent fixture of home games, since the Taylor era - historically our least successful period as a club. Whether there is cause or effect in there I don't know.

Nobody's saying players don't deserve criticism. Hell, they get paid a lot of money - our money - to do something they love and allegedly are good at. But I wouldn't be surprised if I found out you were one of those who took it upon themselves to direct such disgusting abuse at young Ryan McGivern after he made a couple of errors. There's a difference between criticism and abuse.

Wel, you'd be wrong. I've never 'abused' a player. I also certainly never levelled any criticism at McGivern, despite some poor performances.

What on earth has that got to do with booing a team when they're shit i.e. at half time yesterday?

"Whoever plays for City, I'll cheer/boo as it's merited. I've had no reason to boo 'em for a couple of years but based on yesterdays evidence, I reckon they'll be getting plenty this season."

So 45 minutes of play, without ANY of the new signings, sets the template for the season does it???

Booing is totally counter-productive and reserved for the stupid IMHO. You want the team to win, you rally them on. No matter how shit they've been.

Went yesterday. Wasn't too downhearted at full-time. Certainly compared to half-time. A shaky start is forgiveable... ish.

What was important was that we were a totally different side second-half and could/should have gone on to win it.

Based on the second-half, which I'll assume is nearer the level we'll play at this season, we should be aiming for the play-offs again this year.

Whatever their differences I would take it that people on this Forum want Leicester to do well. Booing the players is self-indulgent because it only makes a bad situation worse.

Whether criticism is merited or not it does not work. The improvement in the second half will probably have come from what was said in the dressing room and will not have come from the booing.

If the defensive problem lies with the system then Paulo will hopefully know what is wrong. If he doesn't then surely Chris Powell will.

If the problem lies with the players rqather than the system then what is needed is a little bit of talking from management and a great deal of listening. I would take it that every professional footballer in whatever division is desperate to play well. It is not mollycoddling to listen and try and build up confidence. The trick is to make sure that if there is any anger directed against for instance Fryatt's performance let it come from Fryatt himself.

Fans who have paid large sums of money to go and watch an unprofessional performance are likely to feel angry. It is understandable that they would want to vent their anger at the players. Anger may be sometimes understandable but it is also counterproductive and unw*s*.

Dear Mr Sousa

You MUST start with Wellens, Oakley is frankly not strong enough to be the CM we all would like him to be, Wellens is better.

Please can Hobbs and Morrison be restored to former form?

Then, we might have a chance to be quite good.

ps. Dyer looked like he loves you.

So 45 minutes of play, without ANY of the new signings, sets the template for the season does it???

Absolutely.

These players all know each others strengths and weaknesses. They've played together for at least a year. However, they played like total strangers and let a poor team tear them apart.

That is either because they were not given clear enough instructions on how to play or they were given down right bad instructions.

I saw enough yesterday to know that we've gone backwards from last season in terms of fitness, organisation and preparation.

I see no point in looking back but the same squad managed by Pearson yesterday would have won the game.

I accept that in footballing terms we're going in a totally different direction but if you get fundamental things wrong why wouldn't I think the worst?

Absolutely.

These players all know each others strengths and weaknesses. They've played together for at least a year. However, they played like total strangers and let a poor team tear them apart.

That is either because they were not given clear enough instructions on how to play or they were given down right bad instructions.

I saw enough yesterday to know that we've gone backwards from last season in terms of fitness, organisation and preparation.

I see no point in looking back but the same squad managed by Pearson yesterday would have won the game.

I accept that in footballing terms we're going in a totally different direction but if you get fundamental things wrong why wouldn't I think the worst?

Fecking ridiculous statement to make FFS. We had a shocking 30 or so minutes but all the reports point to the fact that we were fair and away the better side, also credit Sousa for having such an effect in the second half. We lost but funny enough we lost a fair few last season under Pearson as well. Give the new manager and the players some time to acclaimitise, yes there were negatives but also some decent positives, we lost 3-2 not 5-0 !!!

Absolutely.

**** me :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00