Match Thread Crystal Palace (a)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4-4-2

Squad to play Crystal Palace: Schmeichel, Mills, Bamba, Tunchev, Kennedy, Moore, Abe, King, Danns, Nugent, Schlupp.

Subs: Gallagher, Howard, Dyer, Beckford, Weale

Last edited:
Is this Tom Kennedy and Liam Moore's first ever league appeareances for us?

Last edited:
Seems like 5 at the back? Moore right back, Kennedy left back, then Tunchev, Mills and Bamba in the centre of defence.

Unless Bamba is playing in midfield or Kennedy on the left wing or something.

Bold team selection anyway, though it certainly needed shaking up.

Very interesting to say the least.
New year starts here!!!!

Youngie lost for words, can't be bad!

Hurray, an attempt at something different and a clear message to some players that their recent performances are not acceptable.

Wow, what a start to the year.

Kennedy has just joined twitter and tweeted the other day something like 'all I know for know is that I'm wanted back at Leicester'

Last edited:
Just seen that Wellens not even on the bench. That's a huge call, should please a lot of people on here!

I thought Peltier has been doing well though?

Just seen that Wellens not even on the bench. That's a huge call, should please a lot of people on here!

I thought Peltier has been doing well though?

Peltier started the season really well, but his performances have been slipping a lot recently. He's been very poor the past couple of games I thought, was being turned far too easily against Portsmouth.

Don't get me wrong I rate him, but he looked a little leggy and complacent recently and I think dropping him could do him good like it did when we dropped Yakubu last season.

Last edited:
Maybe everyone is jumping the gun here and Peltier and Konchesky have picked up knocks. It will be interesting to see if he plays Bamba in midfield - I have been asking for this to happen since Tunch returned. Either way a bold team selection and one that clearly shows who is on their way out of here. Surprised Beckford didn't do enough to get back in the team during his cameo spell on Saturday - clearly NP doesn't like him or his attitude.

Bold and imaginative is how I view it. Players like Peltier and Konchesky who have been putting in a great deal of effort need a good rest. Won't do Wellens any harm either. It's asking a lot to play 2 games in 48 hours.

Last edited:
Strikes me as a team selected to make a point rather than to win one(or three)

That's OK, but what happens if, as is highly possible, we get turned over by a large score? Three youngsters could have their confidence shattered.

P.S. I do not know why people are getting excited about Wellens not playing: he cannot train after the exertions of a match - he'd never be fit for two in 48 hours! He'll be back for Saturday.

Nigel has finally buckled under the stress and strain of Stringer's post match questions.

On a serious note, good to see Tunchev back for us. I also feel pleased for Kennedy, though not necessarily at his selection just yet, the poor lad has spent an awful period with us and I hope this gives him a chance to kick on with his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566