Crystal Palace match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It has got to be a win, as much as I sympathise with your sentiments Melton, the one thing we cannot afford to do is slip into the bottom 3, which we could do by tonight, as I believe it would be a hammer blow to our confidence and something our younger players may not recover from, also imagine the boost that Wednesday, Crewe or Millwall would gain by moving out the relegation places.

Therefore IMO it is imperative we start picking up points immediately and today is a must.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
It has got to be a win, as much as I sympathise with your sentiments Melton, the one thing we cannot afford to do is slip into the bottom 3, which we could do by tonight, as I believe it would be a hammer blow to our confidence and something our younger players may not recover from, also imagine the boost that Wednesday, Crewe or Millwall would gain by moving out the relegation places.

Therefore IMO it is imperative we start picking up points immediately and today is a must.

too true

PFKAKTF FOX said:
I agree and what I would like Craig to do is replace these players not with youngsters, but with players in the 27-30 year old age bracket, players with some guts, steel and determination and a bit of know how, we have more than enough potential, but what we need is 2 or 3 players who are experienced enough to have an influence but still young enough to have an impact week in and week out.

Dublins legs are gone and therefore plays 1 in 4 and appears to be a disruptive and negative influence.

Tiatto is a sub most of the time and when he does feature he is a liability.

Wilcox has virtually been non existant.

So you have to question the impact these 3 have actually had and whether Levein was correct in keeping them on in the first place.

I agree PFKAKTF...(me and you agreeing what next !?) We need a couple of expierienced heads to go with the younger players.The older ones we have got are too old/fecked .27-32 age bracket is what we should be looking at just for 2 players IMO.I think CL was wrong to keep any of them and his decision to keep Wilcox mystifies me:icon_conf

I got the Norwich score correct..even the time of their goal.

I say City 1-3 Palace.

City we take the lead, everyone will be saying 'What a Changing side' and then Dowie gives Palace a bollocking and their striking quality of Johnson and Morrison will be too much for City's feeble defence.

Hazzman said:
I got the Norwich score correct..even the time of their goal.

I say City 1-3 Palace.

City we take the lead, everyone will be saying 'What a Changing side' and then Dowie gives Palace a bollocking and their striking quality of Johnson and Morrison will be too much for City's feeble defence.
Ill go for their winning goal being a johnson Penalty, whatever the final score is.

Last edited:
and the worse hf?

highland fox said:
1-0 or 2-0,we won't get thrashed.
tend to agree. I think it will be the same old story. Play well, plenty of possesion and chances, lose 2-0. Andy Johnson penalty for the second. CL's recorded interview after the game on RL. We played well, created plenty of chances but the result isnt good enough and i dont know what to do for the best.

newtonfox said:

We haven't been beaten by more than 2 goals since the first day of the Season.Not done us much good I though...:102:

newtonfox said:
same old sh** diff day hey :eek:
thats pretty much it. LCFC's very own Groundhog Day.

I simply don't understand those people, Levein included, who keep on saying we're playing well. We have small patches in the game where we can string 5 or 6 passes together, but at least 2 of these are always sideways.

To me good play is when the ball is moved in a positive way, i.e. forwards and with some determination and purpose. Alternatively when the opposition are attacking we are closing them down quickly and then hopefully try and use the possesion as described above.

I honestly think the teams under Little/McGee/O'Neil played a better type of football and after the horrendous stuff we had to sit through under Adams we are just glad to see the ball near the floor sometimes.

Ox Fox said:
I honestly think the teams under Little/McGee/O'Neil played a better type of football and after the horrendous stuff we had to sit through under Adams we are just glad to see the ball near the floor sometimes.

Little's style was effective but it wasn't pretty to watch IMO,neither MON's at times...IMO

highland fox said:
Little's style was effective but it wasn't pretty to watch IMO,neither MON's at times...IMO

You've hit the nail square on the head - effective.

Ox Fox said:
You've hit the nail square on the head - effective.

Playing attractive Football isn't going to guarantee you Promotion in this League...you need to 'scrap' a lot...IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566