Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not long been back.

Feeling very happy and pissed off at the same time.

Happy because I would have taken a draw at the start of the game, pissed off because we lost the lead after we battled our way to it.

First half, we were poor, didn't get into the game at all. Correct decision by Allen to bring Hume on for De Vries. The big man didn't have a bad game, but there is a huge lack of understanding between him and Campbell. Newton had no end product after time and time again getting into good positions/making good runs. Sheehan looked out of his depth. Defensively I thought Kisnorbo was as solid as ever, McAuley was decent, N'Gotty was ok at right back, and Clarke made a good debut. Fulop made a top save as well.

Second half, and Hume followed by the later arrival of Levi Porter IMO changed the game completely for us. We looked a lot better going forward, Hume and Campbell seemed to work quite well together. Was very impressed with the way the whole team battled in the second half, Clemence and Wesolowski were excellent in moving forward and creating chances. Clemence's set pieces were very good, we scored both goals from corners (was the first goal given to DJ??)

Couldn't believe it when we let in the goal in the last minute, I felt like we had just lost a match after we battled so hard to get ourselves in the lead. Can't say I'm too surprised, it is Leicester City FC I'm talking about here.

I thought our MOTM was either Kisnorbo or Hume for the way he changed the game for us.

Decent atmosphere as well.

Still gutted that we didn't get all 3 points, but oh well, there's always next week, eh...

Just came back from the game 20 mins ago. Im still gutted we threw away a 2-1 lead in the last 5 mins.

I thought the majority played well we should have won the game; we dominated possesion but we still pass the ball to the sides and back rather then attacking. We lack creativity and width.

Fulop 5- Looks a bit like Petr Cech, shame he didn't play like him. An average performance.

N'Gotty 6- Thought for someone of his age he did quite well running down the flanks, shame he is like the rest and not a leader at the back and organise the defence at set pieces.

Clarke 7- Solid player, looks good.

Kisnorbo 7- Harsh how he was booked, leading up to the goal. Other then that, he had a decent game which included an assist and goal.

McAuley 5- Made quite a few mistakes wasn't his usual self today.

Newton -1- The worst player on the pitch. He was an utter disgrace; lazy, selfish and when he has the ball he runs to the side of the players not at them

Sheenan 4- Poor balls in the box

Weso 6- Good tackler he gives it his all, but his passing is woeful.

Clemence 6- He failed to organise the team, if its anyones job to organise the defence it is his as the captain he failed to do this. Clemence has to be a contender for Mr.Invisible; you hardly notice the bloke, don't know wheter that is a good or bad thing

MDV 5- Can't question his effort, but you can certainly question his ability; far too slow and he wastes posession far too cheaply.

Campbell 7- Looked decent, still doesn't look 100%. Could be a decent capture

Subs:

Hume & Levi 8- Changed the game completely. Hume passed the ball around well and injected a bit of pace. Levi actually took players on, he did what a winger should do; get at the defenders and put balls in the box.

Overall:

Disappointed, that yet again we concede from set pieces. But most the players put in the effort and i hope this game will kick start our season.

Fulop 6
N'Gotty 6
McAuley 5
Kisnorbo 7
Clarke 6
Sheehan 4
Newton 3
Wesolowski 5
Clemence 6
De Vries 4
Campbell 6

Porter 7
Hume 7

Thought it was mainly a load of pish.

Improved when Hume and Porter were on, seemed more movement up front then.

Not at all surprised we conceded in the last minute, it was with an air of inevitiability wahen they got that free kick that most people around me were muttering about it being the last minute and we'd probably 'throw it away'.......

I'm not as pissed off as I was when I walked out of the ground, but after three games I can't see much cohesion ANYWHERE in the team, especially midfield where I thought Clemence was pants. He doesn't seem to want to chase after the ball or put his foot in when needed. But that's just my opinion.

the reviews of clemence have been complete opposites today

I've just lifted my chin off the floor. How anyone can say Clemence was anonymous/invisible is beyond me. He was at the hub of leicesters midfield and brought some much needed composure to it. I bet if you look at those opta stats it'll say he completed more passes today than anyone else on the pitch.

He wants to anchor the midfield and just needs a more mobile/attacking midfielder next to him. Weso at times today was guilty of filling the same space as Clemence, thereby limiting our movement.

I think i might have mentioned at around 6.30pm tonight that there was bound to be some odd opinions late on tonight.

As i said before re: Clemence. I thought he was Mr. Invisible; he didn't do much wrong, but he never contributed a lot. The midfield was poor, and it has been a problem for sometime. We really need a "creative" midfielder and two wingers. ( I really hope this Kaebi bloke is good)

On the first three competitive games so far he isn't any better than anything we've had in the last three years.

Once he's 'settled in' hopefully he'll show us he's a lot better!

Mate, if you reckon that display by Clemence today was no better than that churned out by Hughes, Williams, Tiatto, Johnson - you are going to have a very long season and life as a foxes fan.

He may not have carved Palace open but he never lost the ball and always found his man. Or was that someone else i was looking at???

We shouldn't single out Clemo. Newton was BY FAR the worst player i have season all season

Now i can agree with you about Newton, first half he was seriously gash despite getting lots of ball. He did improve in the second half (one good turn and cross). But he defo looks dodge and i hope we discover someone better.

Clemence played well in my opininion, always involved. Plus both goals came from his corners.

Mate, if you reckon that display by Clemence today was no better than that churned out by Hughes, Williams, Tiatto, Johnson - you are going to have a very long season and life as a foxes fan.

He may not have carved Palace open but he never lost the ball and always found his man. Or was that someone else i was looking at???

The bloke just stood there, on numerous occasions i saw people go past him without him even moving. He kept going deeper and deeper, the pick of the pair was Weso he did most the tackling, you sure you never got mixed up between the two :102: If your excited by what you saw today then enjoy it, i expect a better performance from a £750k player and a player of the season from a promotion winning side.

He wants to anchor the midfield and just needs a more mobile/attacking midfielder next to him. Weso at times today was guilty of filling the same space as Clemence, thereby limiting our movement.

I think this reflects what I saw as well, Clemence rarely looks as if he is going to run beyond the forwards but was a dominant presence in the middle of the field against an admittedly weakened C Palace midfield. Weso looks like a mid table player and not quite creative or clever enough if we are really going to challenge.

The bloke just stood there, on numerous occasions i saw people go past him without him even moving. He kept going deeper and deeper, the pick of the pair was Weso he did most the tackling, you sure you never got mixed up between the two :102: If your excited by what you saw today then enjoy it, i expect a better performance from a £750k player and a player of the season from a promotion winning side.

I thought he was well tidy - sort of in the Neil Lennon mode (but less agressive). The problem was He and Weso were too close to one another. Neither got close enough or even beyond the strikers once - now that is limited midfield play.

As a pair they weren't bad just limited. But Clemence defo looked the one with more pedigree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00