Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I read last week in the matchday programme that Simon Grayson lost his first 3 games as Blackpool manager. He went on to get them promoted and look at them now.

Nothing is done and dusted, nothing won and lost in the first couple of games, and hey Allen has now won 1 lost 1 and drawn 1 in his first 3. I'm not saying at all he'll be our saviour or that we'll win the league or anything, but 2-2 against Palace (AWAY!) is a pretty good result - not many of our previous managers have managed that at Selhurst Park.

Ease off Allen for now guys and let's just see what happens in the coming weeks. Chill!

Second half Melts we won 2-1. First half was on a par. Palace, although dire, have in Scowcroft one of the best headerers of the ball in the league - hard to play against. They had a very fortunate refereeing decision too, second half, we were really much much better.

What was that alex?

Soft free kick decision which led to their equaliser - at the other end DJ Campbell was fouled far more convincingly.

I read last week in the matchday programme that Simon Grayson lost his first 3 games as Blackpool manager. He went on to get them promoted and look at them now.

Nothing is done and dusted, nothing won and lost in the first couple of games, and hey Allen has now won 1 lost 1 and drawn 1 in his first 3. I'm not saying at all he'll be our saviour or that we'll win the league or anything, but 2-2 against Palace (AWAY!) is a pretty good result - not many of our previous managers have managed that at Selhurst Park.

Ease off Allen for now guys and let's just see what happens in the coming weeks. Chill!
Great post.:)

Post of the week. And lets just hope that Martin Allen doesn't read this forum or he may just think the views were representative of true fans rather than just a couple of frustrated gloom and doom merchants!

I thought we looked solid today and definately were the better team. All Palace could do was hump it up to Scowcroft (remember what that looks like???). We just lacked a bit of guile in the final third today as we had plenty of ball over the course of the match.

I'm not going to slag anyone off as no one was really that bad, but specail mention must go to Newton who was pretty dire in the first half. He did improve so i can only assume MA gave him a rocket at half time.

Clemence was the stand out player on the park, he oozed class had a great touch and plenty of time on the ball. If we can find a more attack minded partner for him we will be a lot better side.

Basically our movement was too one dimensional today and we never really got beyond their defenders. We played most of our footie in front of them which they coped with quite well on the whole.

I think there's a good spine there now but we do need a bit of flare and guile to beat teams.

Keep the faith

are the twats out in force tonight? We should be in the top half of the table now.

You're right, we're twats for taking positives from today's away draw.

And yes, same old shit. Allen out, just like we should have got rid of O'Neill after his first few games in charge.

Does anyone think the 'boo boys' helped then?

You're right, we're twats for taking positives from today's away draw.

And yes, same old shit. Allen out, just like we should have got rid of O'Neill after his first few games in charge.

Does anyone think the 'boo boys' helped then?

I must have been sat next to some more optimistic fans as didn't hear any booing - the odd groan mind!!!

agree with everything you just said great post :038:

Kisnorbo was good today, but got caught out for their first goal. He definately pulled Morrison back and for a fleeting second i thought the numpty ref my brandish the red.

:icon_lol:

- He has great big eyes that stare at me

- He has a lovely grin

- He is a really good bloke

Blimey O'Riley :icon_lol:

I liked his comments about Clive Clarke more. "The left back, Clive Clarke, has come in and done a steady, tidy job. I said from day one that he is not spectacular. "

Poor Clive lol

I liked his comments about Clive Clarke more. "The left back, Clive Clarke, has come in and done a steady, tidy job. I said from day one that he is not spectacular. "

Poor Clive lol

He got shunted out to the right wing at the end as MA didn't want to leave him at the back. He looked fecked but i couldn't work out if he was injured or just knackered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69