Crystal Palace Post Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats utter bollux though. Who is to say Palace have not dropped down to a 2-2 draw from last seasons 2-0 win?

Well, hard queston but 4-1 against Southampton doesn't say that.
This discussion started because I was trying to be positive (without meaning it really), let's say we'll see in the end of the season if it was an improvement or not? ;)

Last edited:
Well, hard queston but 4-1 against Southampton doesn't say that.

Results from match to match mean nothing. The results what matter are from matches now. Rangers put 7 past Falkirk today, but will they do that next time they meet?

Would any of you who claim to be happy with 1 point today feel the same if the score had been 2-2 before we conceded a soft last minute winner? Can't really see the difference myself.

Would any of you who claim to be happy with 1 point today feel the same if the score had been 2-2 before we conceded a soft last minute winner? Can't really see the difference myself.

:038::038::038:

Led by a crap manager

i wouldn't go that far, however the fact we have players playing out of possition after bringing in 15 players is a ****ing joke and will be responsible for us losing points

i wouldn't go that far, however the fact we have players playing out of possition after bringing in 15 players is a ****ing joke and will be responsible for us losing points

Thats inexcusable IMO. There has been plenty of time and money to fill the gaps in the squad

he can talk a good match but so far has not produced on then pitch. I will be very surprised if he is still here half way through next season

Last season we got 1.15 points a game.
So far this season 0.5 points a game.

Such comparisons are pointless

Probably, but it doesn't say they've gone worse.
I don't think anyone in here watched the game so we can't tell if we have gone forward and playing good, we have definitively not made progress in defending free-kicks, that's for sure. We can discuss forever if a 2-2-draw against Palace now is better or worse than a 2-0-defeat last year, we will never know.

I am NOT happy that City conceeded in injury time. I think that we lost two points today but, the way that some of you are posting, you are ENJOYING it!!
Things need to, and hopefully will, change: if there is truth in the Fryatt to Wolves rumour, presumably Alan has a replacement in mind and this Benfican master to come in - we are not the finished article. Wait until we are to critisize and PLEASE, if things do not improve, don't relish your anguish quite so much.

he can talk a good match but so far has not produced on then pitch. I will be very surprised if he is still here half way through next season
If he's still here half way through next season, it's because he's manifested into a good Manager.

He'll be gone before Christmas if he's going.

Last season we got 1.15 points a game.
So far this season 0.5 points a game.

Such comparisons are pointless

Probably, but it doesn't say they've gone worse.
I don't think anyone in here watched the game so we can't tell if we have gone forward and playing good, we have definitively not made progress in defending free-kicks, that's for sure. We can discuss forever if a 2-2-draw against Palace now is better or worse than a 2-0-defeat last year, we will never know.

Did the site go down or was it just me?

Just got in (love it, not even an hour after leaving the ground and I stopped for supplies).

The 2nd half performance was really good, not just alright, but really good and if we take that in to our next games then we will be fine...

Palace were, however, awful - and it reminded me of the way we used to play under Twatty Taylor, long balls to Scowie, nod downs, and shit. We passed the ball better, had more about us (Clem was far and away the best player on the park for my money) and when Porter came on the difference was remarkable.

Don't get me wrong, we're not there yet, but the signs today make me a lot happier and the future I believe a lot brighter. A Palace fan I know sent me a text afterwards which just read: 'Phew'..

Clarke by the way, looked the best left-back we have had in quite some time. Fulop did ok too...

Just got in (love it, not even an hour after leaving the ground and I stopped for supplies).

The 2nd half performance was really good, not just alright, but really good and if we take that in to our next games then we will be fine...

Palace were, however, awful - and it reminded me of the way we used to play under Twatty Taylor, long balls to Scowie, nod downs, and shit. We passed the ball better, had more about us (Clem was far and away the best player on the park for my money) and when Porter came on the difference was remarkable.

Don't get me wrong, we're not there yet, but the signs today make me a lot happier and the future I believe a lot brighter. A Palace fan I know sent me a text afterwards which just read: 'Phew'..

Clarke by the way, looked the best left-back we have had in quite some time. Fulop did ok too...
But if Palace were "awful" that don't fill me with confidence because the result suggests that we are on a par with them :102:

Second half Melts we won 2-1. First half was on a par. Palace, although dire, have in Scowcroft one of the best headerers of the ball in the league - hard to play against. They had a very fortunate refereeing decision too, second half, we were really much much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool615
2Manchester C  614
3Arsenal614
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa512
6Fulham611
7Newcastle611
8Brighton69
9Nottm F69