Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a main away pub for this logistical nightmare of a ground?

put a massive effort in, win this, beat burnley, up to 2nd/3rd for the next international break, 3-1 win

We must keep the same formation to accomodate Cambiasso and Vardy in the starting 11, after last weeks great 3 points a draw here would be ok but i think Kasper will keep his first clean sheet of the season in a 0-1 win Vardy

We must keep the same formation to accomodate Cambiasso and Vardy in the starting 11, after last weeks great 3 points a draw here would be ok but i think Kasper will keep his first clean sheet of the season in a 0-1 win Vardy

They play with width so if we play a diamond, something is going to go badly wrong for one of us - big time. suspect wharnock would be wondering if he has to change to counter that possibility. Nigel is the one who has the options and is therefore holding the better hand. if he plays it wrong, then we would be in trouble. like I said before the stoke game, it's fascinating tactically at this level - we haven't seen that for a decade. NP must be loving it!

Interesting game this one... So far we've done really well, playing against big teams/tough opposition.

I'd say this is our first 'easier' game... but how will the players step up to that? Hopefully Nige will be keeping their feet on the ground after the good start and last week's result in particular.

Palace have done better since Warnock came in and won away at Goodison last weekend. It will be a very different challenge than we've faced so far.

Hopefully we can keep the performances going and the high energy even when we're not playing the bigger teams in the league.

I'd go for Mahrez in for Hammond I think - 4-2-3-1.

1-1 draw. Drinkwater for us.

No, actually we don't, as we are playing a completely different team who play in a completely different way
You are right, different team different tactics, no doubt NP and his team will have done their homework and players will be picked on who best suits the game plan. Despite statements from various players about concentrating on the next game I'm sure there will be some emotional baggage from last Sundays result, it was such a massive win and there has to be some 'come down' after such a 'high' lets hope the 'downer' gets out of their respective systems fast. No doubt the way City won this game has caused and is still causing shock waves around the EPL No team will take us lightly, and they will set up systems hopefully to combat our assets and this could mean a much more physical challenge and with it the risk of injuries to key players, I hope I'm wrong.

How are people getting to this one from the Leicestershire area?

We were planning on driving to Stanmore and getting the tube, but it's a right pain in the arse with multiple changes. Is there a better station that goes direct if you head down the M42 and M40 way rather than the M1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566