Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are people getting to this one from the Leicestershire area?

We were planning on driving to Stanmore and getting the tube, but it's a right pain in the arse with multiple changes. Is there a better station that goes direct if you head down the M42 and M40 way rather than the M1
I'm in the London area, but the way I would go is Stanmore to Green Park ( on the Jubilee Line ), changing at Green Park to the Victoria Line to Victoria. Then catch a train from Victoria to Thornton Heath.

We were planning on driving to Stanmore and getting the tube, but it's a right pain in the arse with multiple changes. Is there a better station that goes direct if you head down the M42 and M40 way rather than the M1

No need to use the tube at all, and no need to change trains in central London.

Thameslink trains go from stations on the midland mainline (from Bedford and south of there) direct to East Croydon. Change there for a train to Selhurst.
I don't know the best station for parking though. I used to park at Luton Airport Parkway station because it's dead easy to get to from the M1, but it might work out cheaper parking further south.

No need to use the tube at all, and no need to change trains in central London.

Thameslink trains go from stations on the midland mainline (from Bedford and south of there) direct to East Croydon. Change there for a train to Selhurst.
I don't know the best station for parking though. I used to park at Luton Airport Parkway station because it's dead easy to get to from the M1, but it might work out cheaper parking further south.

Looks like Parkway is the only option on this route really.

£35 return for 4 of us on a Super Off Peak Day Return, I imagine that would cover all the trains on that day on this route.

£35 return for 4 of us on a Super Off Peak Day Return, I imagine that would cover all the trains on that day on this route.

If you were wiling/able to drive through London you could park fairly close to the ground and walk.

It would take the same amount of time from J1 of the M1 to drive to Selhurst as it would to park at Stanmore or A N Other and get public transport.

If you need better directions PM me as I am going to this game from SE London

We just put 5 past man u, why are so many happy with a draw?

I take it this can be booked at that price on the day of travel? Can't see anything on website

The site I was using didn't show groupsave prices. It's the same price for Groupsave, so you don't need railcards.

Yes that's the one, I'll get the tickets at Luton on arrival then.

Thanks

Well I'll be satisfied with nothing less than nine points from the next three matches.

Palace are not that great, I would expect us to pick all 9 points up off them on Saturday and then take anything else as a bonus.

They will come at us the way we went at Man Utd. Could be a tough game.

2-2. Goals from David Bowie and Glenn Ponder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670