Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace 1 City 2 Danns Bamba ( Howard sent off near the end)

this brings back memories. dragged to the west end by the misses and sitting in a cafe (think it was in Heals). my son had an earphone radio. he rubbed his forehead when palace were attacking so i knew when to worry. we were getting strange looks from the rest of the punters in there. i recall the final half an hour was pretty stressful.

On the OS
Please note that there are no London Overground Rail Operations Ltd trains running out of Norwood Junction and there will be no Thameslink services between London Bridge and East Croydon

Our plan is now to go stanmore to Victoria and from there to Thornton Heath

For some stupid reason I had it in my head we were playing Newcastle this weekend. I'm a twat.

Anyone else got that nasty feeling? You know what I mean? The one where Leicester does exceptionally well against the big guns but comes unstuck against the less fancied lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The journey I suggested earlier is still OK though, so Lako will be OK if he changes his mind again.

Having had a pre game meeting at the pub tonight we have decided to head over to Victoria area for a few before heading to the area around the ground.

Anyone else got that nasty feeling? You know what I mean? The one where Leicester does exceptionally well against the big guns but comes unstuck against the less fancied lot?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very much so, especially away from home. Early goal would be luvvly, but honestly, I'd just like to avoid defeat. Selhurst Park is a shit place to play football.

Very much so, especially away from home. Early goal would be luvvly, but honestly, I'd just like to avoid defeat. Selhurst Park is a shit place to play football.

I regard it as possibly the worst ground I've ever been to, I always found it really depressing, not just due to the crap results I witnessed there. The place always seemed really gloomy and the Palace fans never appeared happy even when they won, it was like a black hole of joy.

Last week was a game when the forwards took all the headlines and the plaudits. Tomorrow is about the defence. If they don't make any mistakes, we'll do fine.

It'll be one of those tight, grim encounters. I would change the team and formation a bit. Avoiding defeat would be an excellent outcome.

Last week was a game when the forwards took all the headlines and the plaudits. Tomorrow is about the defence. If they don't make any mistakes, we'll do fine.

It'll be one of those tight, grim encounters. I would change the team and formation a bit. Avoiding defeat would be an excellent outcome.
Exactly. Beating Man Utd does not change the fact that this season will be a tough slog. We should believe we can win every game, of course, but in reality should accept that we won't win most. I'd still settle for 17th this season.

Stoke City - big gun or less fancied? How did we do against them?

Having had a pre game meeting at the pub tonight we have decided to head over to Victoria area for a few before heading to the area around the ground.
I'm struggling to think of any decent pubs in the Victoria area. There are a couple of bars on the station, and to be honest, the Wetherspoons is not to bad, and handy for the platforms. It does get a bit rammed 'tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669