Pre Match Crystal Palace v Leicester City

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm struggling to think of any decent pubs in the Victoria area. There are a couple of bars on the station, and to be honest, the Wetherspoons is not to bad, and handy for the platforms. It does get a bit rammed 'tho.

What is the easiest way from London bridge to Thornton heath?

It looked like the only way was changing to overland at some obscure station which included a 10 minute walk to change stations?

Victoria did seem an odd choice.

It looked like the only way was changing to overland at some obscure station which included a 10 minute walk to change stations?

I don't know the answer to the transport question, but there are some good bars around London Bridge.

I don't know the answer to the transport question, but there are some good bars around London Bridge.

That is now the plan.

then London bridge to Balham, change to train station and Balham to Thornton heath, 34 minutes.

The Southern Railway side of London Bridge is closed in connection with long term development. Victoria is the only viable central London station tomorrow.
The journey from LB which you found will be a Southeastern service, probably with a walk from New Cross to New Cross Gate to connect to London Overground. New Cross should not be obscure if you ever went to the old Millwall ground.

Last edited:
The Southern Railway side of London Bridge is closed in connection with long term development. Victoria is the only viable central London station tomorrow.
The journey from LB which you found will be a Southeastern service, probably with a walk from New Cross to New Cross Gate to connect to London Overground. New Cross should not be obscure if you ever went to the old Millwall ground.
You are right. Victoria is the easiest option, and it's straight through to Thornton Heath.

Last edited:

Surely this doesn't effect the below route

*Stanmore to London bridge underground
*London bridge underground to Balham underground -
Northern line

*Balham railway to Thronton Heath

Return journey via Victoria

Northern line

That route looks fine to me.

Northern line

It doesn't. The train you will use will have come from Victoria.

Cheers chaps

Wearing the new gold kit, apparently

Lovely

At least this years gold kit is almost gold, the last time we tried that shit it was a lovely shade of tramp vom.

Last edited:
Cheers chaps

There is another option Lako.

Bus from Victoria to Camberwell Green (185, 36, 436) (about every 10 minutes), journey time approx 40 minutes.

Bus to the stadium 468 (drops you off right outside) (about every 10 minutes), journey time of 45 minutes.

By contrast, New Cross is not the greatest place for a few beers.

By contrast, New Cross is not the greatest place for a few beers.

Yep, agree with this - it is s shithole making Helmund Province look salubrious.

If you took the bus option Camberwell Green has 2 or 3 great pubs. I can recommend if you want to take this option. I could even pop in for a beer.

There is another option Lako.

Bus from Victoria to Camberwell Green (185, 36, 436) (about every 10 minutes), journey time approx 40 minutes.

Bus to the stadium 468 (drops you off right outside) (about every 10 minutes), journey time of 45 minutes.

Yep, agree with this - it is s shithole making Helmund Province look salubrious.

If you took the bus option Camberwell Green has 2 or 3 great pubs. I can recommend if you want to take this option. I could even pop in for a beer.

Cheers Camberwell but persuading my mates to take the bus would be harder than persuading the average Utd fan that we deserved to win the game on Sunday.

Fecking Ada, Anyone would think we were playing on Mars.

I'm waiting for one of you to say Mornington Crescent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566